VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Deklev [v0.2] [Volkelt]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Deklev [v0.2] Abandoned

Definitely had the potential sadly it's abandoned. Good renders for a honeyselect game. Story is not exactly fresh. MC lost memory about past and returns to school. Seems like he made some big shots his enemy now they are attacking him. Biggest pro of this game is definitely visuals. I loved the scene where MC and a girl spending on school terrace while sky is darker and full of rainy clouds, where MC plays piano and suddenly greeted by another girl etc. yeah we have seen this kind of plots before but this one it's own charm. Sadly we didn't get to know what happened in his past. If this somehow revives, I will play it.

4 star cause it's abandoned
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.2

I'm hooked. Everything about this feels competent, like it has some real thought behind it. There were moments where I would question things that happened in game and write it off as an inconsistency or whatever, only to be surprised when the writing reveals that it was all intentional. Let me tell you, that was refreshing after playing so many games with subpar writing.

The game has this sort of somber tone going that's really working for me. It's not overly depressing either, but it grasps me and helps get me immersed into the characters. What's also really helping the immersion is having ambient noise and music. A thing I often find newer AVNs lacking on.

This also made me realize how much all these incest games have warped my expectations, as I was more surprised this ISN'T going to let us sleep with our sister. Crazy right? Jokes aside I actually am into that, so a very slight disappointment I suppose. But as long as we aren't constantly getting lewd teasers of the sister for it to never happen, I don't mind. Probably not something to worry about, but this wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen.

Also really loving the character designs so far. Not much to talk about in the way of lewd scenes yet, but I'm glad this is taking it slower.

Major complaints? I got two things. One, I hate amnesia plots. My own preference rather than it being objectively bad though. But even then I'm not actually minding it that much here.

The other more serious problem is that a lot of the renders are pretty grainy, which is a shame because the game really is great so far. Something I can look past personally, but it's the one area I'd really like to see improve.

Don't sleep on this one. Maybe give it some more time to build up content, but I see a lot of potential here. Eagerly looking forward to more.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

Very interesting start, the subway scene almot had me imagining a scene out of the beginning of the Gantz manga/anime/movies but regardless the dialogue and the visuals seems to be pretty good..
    Its got me interested enough that i'm eager to see where it goes and the girl who saves the mc during the blackout (MIA) was a immediate fav for me personally..
    Its always hard to find a decent story within the school setting tag that doesnt descend into fan service and away from a story so this one has my hopes up
    Good luck guys..