StrangeRobin

Mar 23, 2018
Feels like beating a dead horse with how much you're actually aware of certain problems in combat, but I'm not sure this issue is being addressed specifically, so I wanted to just point out that after playing for quite a while now, it still bothers me a little that even if you try to be as consensual as possible, and do the advances yourself and such, your pain, trauma and control still get pretty shaken.
Sure, if the person is an asshole nonetheless of how willing you are, that might still happen realistically speaking, but if the situation is pretty consensual, there should be a more consensual way of going into "combat", and using the system for other goals other than just resist. For one I find it awkward when I'm training exhibitionism or spending time with eden or consensually agree to do something, and all of the sudden people are still making me cry my eyeballs red for some reason. :p
I'd maybe suggest making it so when someone advances on you, you can choose "Resist", "Submit" or if your level of control or so is good at the start of the encounter (which indicates you're confident enough to pull something like that off), choose a "Initiate" option or so, that allows your pain/trauma to not take huge hits at all during sexual acts back and forth, unless you actually go out of your way to make the person you're with angry, and they start to purposefully trying to hurt you, then the little buff to make pain and trauma go slower vanishes and it goes back to being an abusive encounter.
I will also say however that if an npc or the player is tagged as masochist eventually (as I read you plan some form of that in the future), should probably build pain and trauma slower on the other hand, but not as slower as the consenting option, since the consenting option isn't -supposed- to hurt, but have arousal also raise faster the more the threshold of pain raises. That said, if they do reach extreme pain, they should still lose control. (Not just the stat, but the actions, as it normally is in the game already).

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
Where? I don't remember seeing it
In the swimming pool. If the MC is a boy and is wearing a girl's swimsuit, when he tries to change clothes in the men's locker room, he can be beaten by the other boys for pretending being a girl.

Reactions: Fer99

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Feels like beating a dead horse with how much you're actually aware of certain problems in combat, but I'm not sure this issue is being addressed specifically, so I wanted to just point out that after playing for quite a while now, it still bothers me a little that even if you try to be as consensual as possible, and do the advances yourself and such, your pain, trauma and control still get pretty shaken.
Sure, if the person is an asshole nonetheless of how willing you are, that might still happen realistically speaking, but if the situation is pretty consensual, there should be a more consensual way of going into "combat", and using the system for other goals other than just resist. For one I find it awkward when I'm training exhibitionism or spending time with eden or consensually agree to do something, and all of the sudden people are still making me cry my eyeballs red for some reason. :p
I'd maybe suggest making it so when someone advances on you, you can choose "Resist", "Submit" or if your level of control or so is good at the start of the encounter (which indicates you're confident enough to pull something like that off), choose a "Initiate" option or so, that allows your pain/trauma to not take huge hits at all during sexual acts back and forth, unless you actually go out of your way to make the person you're with angry, and they start to purposefully trying to hurt you, then the little buff to make pain and trauma go slower vanishes and it goes back to being an abusive encounter.
I will also say however that if an npc or the player is tagged as masochist eventually (as I read you plan some form of that in the future), should probably build pain and trauma slower on the other hand, but not as slower as the consenting option, since the consenting option isn't -supposed- to hurt, but have arousal also raise faster the more the threshold of pain raises. That said, if they do reach extreme pain, they should still lose control. (Not just the stat, but the actions, as it normally is in the game already).
I haven't personally tried it myself, but I believe there is an easy mode that can be toggled in settings that removes a lot of the trauma parts of the game and makes it fully consensual for any encounter. Beyond that, from my understanding, the game's original intention was for the player to largely be the victim throughout and not so much a willing participant, even later on. In that regard, and I'm no psychologist, but what the game seems to lean on is for the player character to be eventually more open and willing not just because they actually enjoy the encounters they are forced into but because they are mind-broken into a state of Stockholm-like acceptance of what's going on to them. Even someone in that state would, I'd imagine, suffer greatly at the cost of their sanity and mental stability when put through something they under normal circumstances wouldn't like experiencing before. In contrast to that, most players I'm assuming are not seeking out sexual encounters in this game because they normally wouldn't yet are mind-broken into doing so, most are because they are consenting adults playing a game...a completely different mind-set than what the player character is likely intended to ever really have. The trauma/stress/pain gains on encounters even once the player steers the character towards a much more consenting state could be toned down, but I don't think you're ever really meant to not be the victim in some regard even then. The game does a pretty good job of ensuring you never really have complete control over your character's mental and physical state, even after having spent the time to build up exhibitionism or promiscuity to a degree they allow. Just my two cents.

Fer99

Jun 10, 2018
In the swimming pool. If the MC is a boy and is wearing a girl's swimsuit, when he tries to change clothes in the men's locker room, he can be beaten by the other boys for pretending being a girl.
You're right I forgot it was introduced in the last update

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Just tried the mod and now it's giving an error throughout every encounter and that character is now unuseable. Also says she's a hermaphrodite at all times—guess that won't work. I've no idea how games are made, so forgive my ignorance, but in most games of this genre, you pick what you look like and what you want to be called. Everyone just sees that you're a Normie McNormerson, musclegril, sissyboi, etc. I don't know if crossdressing is an important part of the game; everyone seems totally fine with genital swaps either way. But while the MC is androgynous, nobody seems too curious to find out what they are.
It's mainly an issue of fitting it into the current system. The simplest way would indeed be to choose masculine or feminine at the start, but it would still require separating gender appearance from genitals.
@crash.7ds hit the nail on the head. The game is about struggle. That said, I'm aware yours is a popular opinion and I still think I can provide what you want within the current scope of the game. Experimenting with soft mode, making high control provide resistance to trauma, and adding ways to restore control during encounters have been efforts to that end. There's plenty of room for improvement and I'm working on something else that might help for the next update.

One idea is to track self-esteem, with low self-esteem characters being less bothered by being molested, but high self-esteem providing some other benefit.

Consensual encounters shouldn't be stressing or traumatising your character. There's a bug at work if they are.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
Would it maybe be an idea to allow for submitting completely at very high levels of Promiscuity (maybe coupled with certain traits), so instead of having to go through the entire sex-fighting you simply accept whatever happens and get some descriptive text instead of having to click through 10-15 pages of violation?

Also, do you accept content submissions? I notice you added some work by your players and I do have some experience with Twine, I might be able to write up some minor events if you are interested

Reactions: RyanCrossby

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
So I became a full fledged angel with halo and wings. I was thinking about becoming a fallen angel but the effects for doing so are horrible. How long does it take for them to go away?
@Vrelnir

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Would it maybe be an idea to allow for submitting completely at very high levels of Promiscuity (maybe coupled with certain traits), so instead of having to go through the entire sex-fighting you simply accept whatever happens and get some descriptive text instead of having to click through 10-15 pages of violation?
Maybe. I have been thinking about how something like that could be implemented.
Also, do you accept content submissions? I notice you added some work by your players and I do have some experience with Twine, I might be able to write up some minor events if you are interested
I do, and I am interested. I've moved away from using the Twine GUI though, so loading the game in Twine isn't very useful.

If you email or pm me I'll hook you up with more usable source code.
So I became a full fledged angel with halo and wings. I was thinking about becoming a fallen angel but the effects for doing so are horrible. How long does it take for them to go away?
@Vrelnir
Until either purity drops to zero, or you pay at the temple to remove it. It's expensive.

Reactions: palestoic

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Maybe. I have been thinking about how something like that could be implemented.

I do, and I am interested. I've moved away from using the Twine GUI though, so loading the game in Twine isn't very useful.

If you email or pm me I'll hook you up with more usable source code.

Until either purity drops to zero, or you pay at the temple to remove it. It's expensive.
thank you very much!

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I love the game. Are there dogs or just wolves?
There are dogs around town. One at school if the English teacher asks you to take a note to the groundskeeper. You occasionally get attacked by a dog when trying to break into empty houses. And if your deviancy is high enough you can 'reward' the stray dogs that occasionally lead you to lost money.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
Is there a list of ways to train your skulduggery at its various levels? The only thing I could find to train it up at C was locked safes on Domus street breakins, now that I'm at C+ the only way I've found to train it is by getting the Danube street breakin where you have to talk your way out of it or jump in a fountain. But I'm getting raped by cats at least twice as often as I can do that so it's not exactly feasible.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Is there a list of ways to train your skulduggery at its various levels? The only thing I could find to train it up at C was locked safes on Domus street breakins, now that I'm at C+ the only way I've found to train it is by getting the Danube street breakin where you have to talk your way out of it or jump in a fountain. But I'm getting raped by cats at least twice as often as I can do that so it's not exactly feasible.
Go burgle houses at night in the residential areas near the orphanage.