4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
The game is still good and it is becoming more refined but.....We need more main and side quest for more flavor....i mean....i cannot find a reason to anymore to have 100 mods and 30 S trained bots with all their parts at S rank.....i mean...i am doing the same again again at each update ...i even have the mods with the extra quests with the arena fights ,pimping my bots e.t.c but still it lacks.....also if we can move and expand our freelancer career would be good....also to find new workplaces and skilled staff would be a good implementation....

usernameao

Nov 19, 2017
ok thanks for the reply, also is there other quests in this game coz i only have the main debt quest so far and dunno how to get other quests or tasks

EDIT: ok got some repair tasks but thats about it, havent gotten other quests so far and im on Day 48

Last edited:

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
ok thanks for the reply, also is there other quests in this game coz i only have the main debt quest so far and dunno how to get other quests or tasks

EDIT: ok got some repair tasks but thats about it, havent gotten other quests so far and im on Day 48
As X-Topic above points out, there's not much to the game. Once you completely pay the debt, you are basically in Sandbox mode. There's no other quests beside the debt, or at least, nothing you specifically have to do. You basically have to make your own goals for this version of the game.

Though, as X-Topic said, once you've got a bunch of S-ranked bots with maxed out parts and skills, then you kind of run into a "so what do I do now" issue.
But that's why the game is in v0.4-ish, it's not complete, and likely won't be for years, depending on Radnor's situation (Russia invasion kinda torpedo'd game development, which is why Radnor went somewhat open source so Modders could add additional content.)

Reactions: X-Topic

usernameao

Nov 19, 2017
ok, that clears up alot thanks

final question, what determines how rare a bot is, ive noticed certain bots show up more frequently than others including mods

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
ok, that clears up alot thanks

final question, what determines how rare a bot is, ive noticed certain bots show up more frequently than others including mods
Rule of thumb: higher rate(bot->status->rate) bots spawn less frequently because they've been configured with lower relative weights. But that's if the modder did it properly.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
OK...seems the hardcore has been tweaked, and is even more hardcore than it use to be. At least, that is my personal observation, bias potential acknowledged.

With that in mind, I decided to "poke around", where I dont belong. :) Changelog indicated difficulty settings could be found in tunings.json; which I found readily enough in the Mods folder under baseassets. Made a few relatively minor tweaks, but did not get the expected results.

I changed lines 75 onward to read:

"hardcore_difficulty_char_points": 14,
"hardcore_difficulty_debt": (5000000,7000000),
"hardcore_difficulty_debt_payments": (1000,2000,3000,5000,10000,15000,25000,35000,45000,55000,75000),
"hardcore_difficulty_mc_xp_rate": {
"combat": 0.67,
"mechanics": 0.67,
"electronics": 0.67,
"computers": 0.67,
"sex": 0.67,
"social": 0.67,
"mood": "2.0 if xp<0 else 0.67",
},
"hardcore_difficulty_bots_xp_rate": {
"bot_combat": 0.80,
"bot_mechanics": 0.80,
"bot_electronics": 0.80,
"bot_sex": 0.80,
"bot_social": 0.80,
"autonomy": 0.80,
},
"hardcore_difficulty_hardcore_mode": True,
},

instead of the original;

"hardcore_difficulty_char_points": 10,
"hardcore_difficulty_debt": (5000000,7000000),
"hardcore_difficulty_debt_payments": (1000,2000,3000,5000,10000,15000,25000,35000,50000,75000,100000),
"hardcore_difficulty_mc_xp_rate": {
"combat": 0.5,
"mechanics": 0.5,
"electronics": 0.5,
"computers": 0.5,
"sex": 0.5,
"social": 0.5,
"mood": "2.0 if xp<0 else 0.5",
},
"hardcore_difficulty_bots_xp_rate": {
"bot_combat": 0.75,
"bot_mechanics": 0.75,
"bot_electronics": 0.75,
"bot_sex": 0.75,
"bot_social": 0.75,
"autonomy": 0.75,
},
"hardcore_difficulty_hardcore_mode": True,
},

Started a new game, still had 10 skill points to assign, not the expected 14, so I doubt the other changes will take affect either.

My intent?

Skill Points:
10, lets you make every skill and E, and 1 skill a D.
14 will allow 2 skills to start at D level vs 1.

MC XP
HC cuts MC XP awards by 50%.
I want to reduce them by 1/3 vs 1/2

BOT XP
HC cuts Bot XP by 25%
I want to cut it by 20%

Payment Progression
HC takes the 10 day payment to 100k
I want to progress it to 75k (this is probably the most impactful change right here. The Business is booming entry on the net, pays a max of 75k. Getting that once every 10 days as is, puts you at negative cash flow. I want it to be break even)

So, if I may impose upon those who know WTF they are doing...lol...please, and TYVM!

Is there another file I need to tinker with?.....

oh oh...I think I figured it out. I backed up of course my tunings.json, by renaming it tunings1.json. HOWEVER, dummy me left it in the original folder. The game is loading that, after the ammended tunings.json isnt it? (Let me go look. I am leaving this up, in case someone else who wants to poke around, runs into the same thing. Now to go see, if my 'epiphany', was correct. YES! That was it. lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Radnor

Teritius

Jan 5, 2021
So I've tried making a mod for this game, because I really like it, but I've run out of things to do in it.

It's a single bot. But I cannot for the love of me get it to appear in game. The game recognizes it as a mod, but the bot is nowhere to be found. Can someone more knowledgeable in these matters take a look at it for me?

It relies on shakyparts and I think it's based on one of mineriders bots.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
nit picky, and I am not a coder but took a peak out of curiosity.

In your bot description, where it says,
"...fitting in pleasure-modules along with empathy sub-rutines in it's programming...."

missing the "o" in routine.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
So I've tried making a mod for this game, because I really like it, but I've run out of things to do in it.

It's a single bot. But I cannot for the love of me get it to appear in game. The game recognizes it as a mod, but the bot is nowhere to be found. Can someone more knowledgeable in these matters take a look at it for me?

It relies on shakyparts and I think it's based on one of mineriders bots.
Line 39, remove **
Code:
                           **"genitals": "dae_vagina_e",
After this and adding required (i think) mods it lists your model as possible loot. When actually generating bot there are some issue with unknown part or something, but i think that is because i don't have up-to-date mods you used.

Teritius

Jan 5, 2021
nit picky, and I am not a coder but took a peak out of curiosity.

In your bot description, where it says,
"...fitting in pleasure-modules along with empathy sub-rutines in it's programming...."

missing the "o" in routine.
That is nit-picky. Thanks I'll fix it XD

Teritius

Jan 5, 2021
Line 39, remove **
Code:
                           **"genitals": "dae_vagina_e",
After this and adding required (i think) mods it lists your model as possible loot. When actually generating bot there are some issue with unknown part or something, but i think that is because i don't have up-to-date mods you used.
I add the ** cause right now the mod required for that had too many bots, and that made testing difficult.
The only mod it should need is shakyparts.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Alright. I tried hiding it properly, but now the game crashes. I tried deleting it, but it still crashes.
It happens whenever I try to buy a bot a the fleamarket.
Can't really suggest anything without traceback. Don't see anything too wrong in file you posted, aside from **. Maybe using wrong part id, replace with vanilla parts and try again.

Teritius

Jan 5, 2021
Can't really suggest anything without traceback. Don't see anything too wrong in file you posted, aside from **. Maybe using wrong part id, replace with vanilla parts and try again.
I found one part with wrong id and fixed that, but the crash still happens. This time I did get the trace-back, though.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/flea_market/flea_market_buy_bot.rpy", line 44, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/flea_market/flea_market_buy_bot.rpy", line 22, in flea_market_generate_bots_for_sale
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/common/generate_bot.rpy", line 17, in generate_bot
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/character.rpy", line 28, in __call__
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 197, in init
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot_chassis.rpy", line 113, in __setitem__
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/flea_market/flea_market_buy_bot.rpyc", line 44, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2255, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/flea_market/flea_market_buy_bot.rpy", line 44, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/flea_market/flea_market_buy_bot.rpy", line 22, in flea_market_generate_bots_for_sale
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/common/generate_bot.rpy", line 17, in generate_bot
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 197, in init
  File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot_chassis.rpy", line 113, in __setitem__

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
DSCS 0.4.1
Mon Jul 25 22:35:42 2022

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I found one part with wrong id and fixed that, but the crash still happens. This time I did get the trace-back, though.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/flea_market/flea_market_buy_bot.rpyc", line 44, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2255, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
DSCS 0.4.1
Mon Jul 25 22:35:42 2022
Ok, i really need to add extra error reporting in such places. Traceback tells what happens, but gives no idea why or any details.
Generally there are other wrong part(s) id, no idea which one.

Teritius

Jan 5, 2021
Ok, i really need to add extra error reporting in such places. Traceback tells what happens, but gives no idea why or any details.
Generally there are other wrong part(s) id, no idea which one.
Well shit. As far as I can see, all the id's are correct. I think I'll just redo everything with only vanilla-stuff.
I'm not really a coder, so thanks for helping me figure this out.

• Sad
Reactions: Radnor

legohead919

Jan 25, 2020
Anyone else having issues with not having any sound at all? Unless I'm out of the loop and the game has zero sounds. Settings have it at 100% volume and my PC says its on full blast, but still nothing

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes