4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

EdogawaKonan

Sep 16, 2018
A possible suggestion is to make the "Disassemble" skill changeable (success in total depends on engineering skills) and also the degree of integrity of the parts being extracted. Perhaps an addition for his use of experience.

Reactions: Daedalron

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
As a test, I tried to get a S-rank model, from the dumpster.
She had one S-rank skill, no other skill. Could sell it from around 150k (before any repairs, so it was disabled at that point)
Repaired it, switched with almost full S-rank parts (only missing one part that was A-rank), and 100% chassis. It then could be sold for 730k.

So reaching the million requires multiple skills at a high rank.

Reactions: lolsarlops

lolsarlops

Aug 16, 2020
Good game way to grindy with only 5 ap. I undestand the ap system but 5 is to restricting at least give me 10. When training for sex that they take dmg something that i can understand when the player has a low lvl, but wouldt a higher lvl on the sex stat mabey lower the dmg/ lower the chance of dmg? I also find that training degrades their stability annoying I understand that some actions will do this for an example early sex/social/tech/combat training, but wouldt the higher their lvl lower the degredation of this as well? Another feature that would be usefull, ease the grind, and develop the gameplay would be if we could find, buy or scavange USB:s with a certain quirk or empty where we can copy quirks onto, for an example i want to copy a lvl35 tech-smart quirk on to the USB to add to other bots to ease trainig. Additionally there needs to be more capsules for more personal bots to help and a way to increase revenue due to the costs of additional pods. I would also like if there are other ways to aquire bots than scavanging or buying in the flee market fror an example a reseller or a place with higher end bots. a nice feature would also be if you cold go on a spy route and hack the bots of a client with a bounty for info that can be taken through the bot that could result in a game over if found out through bad hacking. Hope you got some good idéas from me and keep going the game has potential.

borkenone

Sep 6, 2018
It is not necessary to convert mp4 to webm, these should plays as well.
weird, the mp4 file I added won't play for some reason,
while converting them to webm will work without problem. meh, minor set bakc.

Last edited:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
The whole debt on hard mode, paid by selling just 2 bots... :ROFLMAO:

Not really problematic for now, as the point of those first few releases are to test the gameplay and features, game balance will need to be checked once all features are added ;)

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
The whole debt on hard mode, paid by selling just 2 bots... :ROFLMAO:

Not really problematic for now, as the point of those first few releases are to test the gameplay and features, game balance will need to be checked once all features are added ;)
It's also incredibly hard to find them. These 2 are the only ones I've found so far in 125 days of mostly scavenging. Also if I wasn't playing on easy I wouldn't be able to train them so high which removes a lot of value. But yeah. If RNG was on your side an S-tier bot would certainly alleviate a lot of economic pressure.

Radnor Will the tier of the bot chassi have any practical difference other than price in future updates?

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
It's also incredibly hard to find them. These 2 are the only ones I've found so far in 125 days of mostly scavenging.
Yeah, I made them pretty rare. I don't know exactly how the probably is done, whether the game first checks if you find a part or a bot, and then make a second check to see which part or which bot, or if it's a single check with all parts and bots added together.

If you don't have other mods adding bots, with the default settings I made, then you have 0.6% chance to get an S-rank, assuming you get a bot. If you take into account the parts as well, then the probability would drop to around 0.3%, or even lower if you add more parts (with the mod of Squib2187 for example).

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I just found a 2B bot. The price difference between rank B, A and S bots with exactly the same parts and skills:
Screenshot_12.png
Daedalron Do you control prices on modded bots or are those part of the core mechanics?

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Radnor Tried to test something, and I think I found a bug for you (well, I'll let you decide if it's a bug or working as intended...).
When the bot you get from the dump already has skills, then the bot also with an Autonomy rating that can be decently high, if it has multiple skills. As per the rules, that Autonomy rating is caped by the CPU.

So, I tried with one of my S-rank bots, altered the .JSON to get a bot with all S skills from the dump (all at 100%, just one was at 99%). Since the CPU was a neuro_v7, then the Autonomy rating was caped at A-rank. But then, if you repair the bot and give it an S-rank CPU, its autonomy is still A-rank (and of course you can't train it anymore since all skills are capped)

Not sure if you would consider it a bug or a feature working as intended.

Mr_Shaky You control prices a bit on modded bots. I made the higher ranks a bit more expensive (factor of 1.8 for S-ranks, 1.5 for A-rank, 1.1 to 1.2 for B-rank), but that seemed quite unnecessary...
If you want, you can alter that JSON line for each bot:
JSON:
"price_mult": 1.8,

Edit: Switched it from 1.8 to 1.0 for my cheated all S-skills maxed bot, went from a price of 1,300,000 to a (not that much) more reasonable price of 800,000...

Last edited:

dtx-97

Jun 12, 2020
I have problems with this new version, my computer freezes, I got a media player with music and goes slowly after that, then stop working and reboots, I tried even only with this game running, and happen again.
Some of this happen when I was trying to fix or hack the bots.
I uninstall, and unpacked again, same result, five restarts in two days. Any ideas?...

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I have problems with this new version, my computer freezes, I got a medi player with music and goes slowly after that, then stop working and reboots, I tried even only with this game running, and happen again.
I uninstall, and unpacked again, same result, five restarts in two days. Any ideas?...
Sound to me like you've got some bigger problems with your computer than this game.
Does the whole computer reboot or just renpy. Because if it's the computer than it's unlikely the games fault.

dtx-97

Jun 12, 2020
Sound to me like you've got some bigger problems with your computer than this game.
Does the whole computer reboot or just renpy. Because if it's the computer than it's unlikely the games fault.
The whole computer, and only with that game, I tried with other renpy games, and nothing happen, even with others engines works fine, and remember, as I said, that only happen when I'm trying to fix or hack a bot in this new version, the former works fine.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
I made my own bot with Squibs mod as a basis, and it can get even much higher then that with his mod. One bot with nearly all skills at atleast B rank and 3 at S had a sale price of 1.7mil. I guess it fits the fact its a S model bot, but still, thats one bot to get out of debt and then some.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I made my own bot with Squibs mod as a basis, and it can get even much higher then that with his mod. One bot with nearly all skills at atleast B rank and 3 at S had a sale price of 1.7mil. I guess it fits the fact its a S model bot, but still, thats one bot to get out of debt and then some.
Yeah, I checked, and Squib mod has a 2.0 factor on the price for the S rank, even higher than my 1.8. Since we published the mods pretty early without much testing, I guess he made the same mistake as me, and thought putting a higher value was necessary for higher rank models, while it is in fact not the case, as Radnor had already planned for it.

Last edited:

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Edit: Radnor what are the price calculations? How big a difference does different attributes make in the different sell locations?
Base price formula is:
1) base price = model rate base price * model price_mult
2) for each skill: add skill level price OR add base price*skill level mod
3) for each part: add part price
4) final price = price * integrity
Each step can be affected by specific shop/trader. With different modifiers and sometimes logic. It's complicated :D
In future will add PsychoCore evaluation to it too.

Here is evaluation call when selling at flea market:
Code:
      $bot_price=max(1,int(round(bot_price_function(bot,skill_mods=bot_price_skills_unimportant,base_price_mult=0.1)*0.75)))
And here is RoboSechs:
Code:
define robosechs_bot_price_skills={
  "bot_combat":      (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,0.0),
  "bot_electronics": (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,0.0),
  "bot_mechanics":   (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,0.0),
  "bot_sex":         (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,3.0),
  "bot_social":      (1.0,"mul_exp3",0.0,1.5),
  }
        if bot.chassis.integrity>=robosechs_bot_integrity_minimum:
          if bot.bot_sex>="D":
            bot_price=bot_price_function(bot,skill_mods=robosechs_bot_price_skills,base_price_mult=0.1,part_price_mult=0.25)
            bot_price=min(robosechs_bot_price_cap,bot_price)
            if bot_price>0:
              bots.append([bot,bot_price])
Generally it's flexible, but complicated and may be a bit confusing. I may revisit or at least rebalance it later.

Reactions: PRONtick

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
A possible suggestion is to make the "Disassemble" skill changeable (success in total depends on engineering skills) and also the degree of integrity of the parts being extracted. Perhaps an addition for his use of experience.
Maybe will add some chance rolls here or extra "part was damaged during disassemble"/"you learned something from inner working of this model/parts". For now Disassemble is just simple way of getting rid of crappy bot.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Good game way to grindy with only 5 ap. I undestand the ap system but 5 is to restricting at least give me 10. When training for sex that they take dmg something that i can understand when the player has a low lvl, but wouldt a higher lvl on the sex stat mabey lower the dmg/ lower the chance of dmg? I also find that training degrades their stability annoying I understand that some actions will do this for an example early sex/social/tech/combat training, but wouldt the higher their lvl lower the degredation of this as well? Another feature that would be usefull, ease the grind, and develop the gameplay would be if we could find, buy or scavange USB:s with a certain quirk or empty where we can copy quirks onto, for an example i want to copy a lvl35 tech-smart quirk on to the USB to add to other bots to ease trainig. Additionally there needs to be more capsules for more personal bots to help and a way to increase revenue due to the costs of additional pods. I would also like if there are other ways to aquire bots than scavanging or buying in the flee market fror an example a reseller or a place with higher end bots. a nice feature would also be if you cold go on a spy route and hack the bots of a client with a bounty for info that can be taken through the bot that could result in a game over if found out through bad hacking. Hope you got some good idéas from me and keep going the game has potential.
5AP is unlikely to change, i may (but likely not) up max AP a bit for some achievements/skills, but not much.
To reduce grind i will add more passive ways to handle grindy tasks, like capsule upgrades to slow repair/train bots without player intervention. Likely will update roles to speed up repair/training too.

Degradation, both integrity and stability, is intended. You can lower integrity damages already when training certain models with certain parts. Likely will make it if you have higher skills damage will be less, plus personality will affect it too.

Some way to upload skills/traits is something i consider, likely will be something like. Eventually :D Btw, trait level is just trait progress, not changing trait effect. Really should rename it.

More content, both for getting and selling/trading bots, will be added. Have only so much free time, want me to have more - see my sig, sorry :D

Info hacking/stealing from bots with intact PsychoCore is nice idea, very likely to be added, no ETA though, will need NetConsole update for this.

General idea: you have limited resources, you have to choose, but there are ways to cut some corners. This is unlikely to change.
Regarding grind, i will not remove it, but i will add ways to avoid it if you don't like it and met requirements.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
weird, the mp4 file I added won't play for some reason,
while converting them to webm will work without problem. meh, minor set bakc.
Right now game tries to load webm and mp4 movies. Next update it will check mkv and avi too.
If your mp4 is not playing then probably it used unsupported codecs inside mp4 container. In this case converting is a way to go.
Here is list of supported format and codecs:

Reactions: borkenone
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes