Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

achigo16

Sep 14, 2018
Might be an outdated prompt. I pushed a new update so try pulling the new changes. Otherwise you can send me the file and I can check later.
Thanks! You can just push a new update prompt, I'll do it by myself.

Also, I'm not sure if I missed something when read your example on GitHub, but why I still find some untranslated text in a few files?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Thanks! You can just push a new update prompt, I'll do it by myself.

Also, I'm not sure if I missed something when read your example on GitHub, but why I still find some untranslated text in a few files?
Changes are pushed.

The tool will not find everything, its a WIP and games can vary wildly. You will have to fix the untranslated parts yourself if the tool misses them. There are also some codes disabled by default you can enable and mess around with to catch missed text.

Reactions: achigo16

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Darn, this's so complicated...

Installed VSCode, Python 3, registered Openai

Have no idea what the "repository" mean (English not my mother language and first time see this word), so I just download the DazedMTLTool zip file.
Have no idea what is the "project folder", so I extract the DazedMTLTool and guess it's the project folder?
Right click on the project folder and...it doesn't have Open with code... option. So I guess I can open the VSCode then File->Open Folder...then select DazedMTLTool folder (assume it's actually the project folder).
Finally saw something similar with the screenshot.

When I select start.py, the VSCode tell me install python extension (what this mean? I'm already install python and now it ask me install python again? Just skip this)

Now something wrong here, the script of start.py say "modules.main import main" instead "src.main import main", even the color isn't same.

Try to open rpgmakermvmz.py and the heck, there area bunch of code which is totally different from what show on the screenshot. Fortunately scroll down near the end and found "def translateGPT(text, history, fullPromptFlag):" at the line 2280. But wait, it's "text", not "t" as the guide said. Also have no idea what to do at this point.

Click LEFT of what? Can't find where is the "return [translatedtext, token]" as the screenshot show. Try to click left of random line does nothing (the red dot not show up). Well, this is just to check and not really important so I guess I can skip this too?

Click Terminal > New Terminal, double click start.py (have no idea why need double click because single click will open it in the VSCode, or I misunderstood something here).

Press F5 and it say I don't have python extension. :eek:

Click Find python extension and there is like hundred extension show up, have no idea which one to pick.

Rage quit. :cry:

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Darn, this's so complicated...

Installed VSCode, Python 3, registered Openai

Have no idea what the "repository" mean (English not my mother language and first time see this word), so I just download the DazedMTLTool zip file.
Have no idea what is the "project folder", so I extract the DazedMTLTool and guess it's the project folder?
Right click on the project folder and...it doesn't have Open with code... option. So I guess I can open the VSCode then File->Open Folder...then select DazedMTLTool folder (assume it's actually the project folder).
Finally saw something similar with the screenshot.

When I select start.py, the VSCode tell me install python extension (what this mean? I'm already install python and now it ask me install python again? Just skip this)

Now something wrong here, the script of start.py say "modules.main import main" instead "src.main import main", even the color isn't same.

Try to open rpgmakermvmz.py and the heck, there area bunch of code which is totally different from what show on the screenshot. Fortunately scroll down near the end and found "def translateGPT(text, history, fullPromptFlag):" at the line 2280. But wait, it's "text", not "t" as the guide said. Also have no idea what to do at this point.

Click LEFT of what? Can't find where is the "return [translatedtext, token]" as the screenshot show. Try to click left of random line does nothing (the red dot not show up). Well, this is just to check and not really important so I guess I can skip this too?

Click Terminal > New Terminal, double click start.py (have no idea why need double click because single click will open it in the VSCode, or I misunderstood something here).

Press F5 and it say I don't have python extension. :eek:

Click Find python extension and there is like hundred extension show up, have no idea which one to pick.

Rage quit. :cry:
In its current state you need a small amount of programming experience to get it up and running. Also the guide is a bit outdated at this point so not everything is going to match up. So yeah, it takes some struggle to get up and running.

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Anyway, I hear that ChatGPT forbit translate anything relate to violent and sexual content, if request something like that your account might get banned, so how to use ChatGPT to translate hentai game (not just sexual content, it can even contain violent like rape and such)?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I tried this again on my end, and I still encountered same issues. I'm using GPT-3.5 just for experimental purposes.
Might be gpt 3.5. Most of my testing is done on 4. Prompt could be throwing bad data back.

Last edited:
Reactions: achigo16

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Yes, i think so. But i think using GPT-4 still to expensive for me which is just using it for experimental
Yeah it will be tough. You can try tweaking the prompt a bit, but otherwise the AI needs to be smart enough to respond properly.