DAZ3D Studio few questions

szakirari

Aug 3, 2017
I'm new in DAZ3D that's why those questions might be silly and these issues might be really easy to solve but I lack knowledge so only you can help me.

1) I'm currently working on a base of character and I wanted her to have LINDA hair [for G8F] and everything looked great until I decided to hide bangs. On the left side it looks perfect while on the right side it looks like this

[look at attachment]

I have no idea what should I do... I tried the "apply first" thing but I don't know maybe I'm using it wrongly because it only loads and... nothing [I was trying to use it on both G8F and Linda hair] as this being said it leads as to the question number 2.

2) This is actually my biggest problem so far - I know it's silly - but as I downloaded tons of content from this website and a lot of them are... useless at least that's how it seems. For example I'm applying one character and there is a lot of options I can add to them and only lips and eyes seems to be working for me, while the rest does nothing. The base, which as I read is the most important part in every material [make things fit better] is not working in probably every material I got [so the questions is: HOW THE HELL SHOULD I USE IT? What should I select? What to do? blah blah blah and the rest of this newbie questions, you just probably will have to guide me like a blind child]

3) I download a lot of beautiful light sets as well [for iray] and I have no clue how to use them, every option the I click changes absolutely nothing :(

Please guys, I'd be thankful for all tips for newbies [I watched ton's of tutorials already and I'm still watching them and I'm willing to learn more and more].

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
1. It is because the hair is going inside the head of the character. You need to go into the shaping tab and adjust the hair to fit the character. Or more simply go to parameters and use scale option.

2. I'm not sure what the problem is. You're saying applying but what are you applying?

3. That's probably because you downloaded (or only clicked) lighting settings or hdri and don't know how to use it.
Again, more information is needed. What lightning asset and what are you clicking etc.