Daz3d No Genitals

Dogmeat

Mar 20, 2017
Installed Daz3d and trying something. But all characters without genitals. No vagina or penis models. Is there something wrong or am i skip something?

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Never used Daz, but I think you need to mod them.

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Default DAZ3D models have no genitals, you need to add the "naughty bits" yourself....
Start your search at the Renderotica website, you can get the basic assets there ;)

Reactions: Dogmeat

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
In Daz, you have 2 types of models:
- Base characters (Genesis, Victoria, Aiko, Gia... there is not a lot and they often come in bundle), I'll call them Figures,
- characters based on these models (there is a lot), I'll call them Characters.

The default figure Genesis and all Characters don't have genitalia. Only Figures (except Genesis) are provided with, and using it is optional.

Once you have the genitalia for one figure, you can use it on every Figures and their Characters (but it will be buggy with Genesis and most of his Characters, because of the maps).

When you put a model in the scene, it will not have the genitalia. You have to add it, like you would do for clothes or hairs. You'll find it in Anatomy.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
a few common noob mistakes, i'd like to mention

1)glowing genitals are a rare fetish, so save those for your top $20 and up patrons who pay extra for that
2)already been mentioned genesis is mess, so avoid it like the plague.
3)Newest does not mean best. Game characters all rook arike in new games, because noobs think 7 > 4
failing to notice there are only a handful of V7 characters, while there are thousands of beautiful V4 to choose from.
Unless you have funding to license a custom, go for variety and diversity

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
3)Newest does not mean best. Game characters all rook arike in new games, because noobs think 7 > 4
failing to notice there are only a handful of V7 characters, while there are thousands of beautiful V4 to choose from.
I can only agree with that, but... :closedeyesmile:
It's not really that v4 is worse or better than v7, same for v7 vs v8. The v8 figures are better than v7 which are better than v4. Iray for v7, better Iray, better expressions... for v8, etc.
BUT, there is a lot of content for v4, it begins to have interesting content for v7 and there is nothing for v8. Then it's better but you can do nothing...

By content, I mean characters, clothes, hairs, shoes, poses... Which is specific for each version of figures and hardly compatible between versions.

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
V4 was released more than 10 years ago. That's the reason why it has thousands of figures you can choose from. People are still making items for V4 since it's the last figure that has full support for the Poser software. This is also the reason why some people hate Daz Studio and the G1 (V5) and G2 (V6) models.

Daz has been releasing a new version of Victoria every 2 years. As someone who just started rendering stuff last May, I find Genesis 3 (V7) way better than V4. The best looking G3 models beat the best looking V4s. I have to agree that the V4s beat the G1s and early G2s. I think I have less than twenty V4 figures (Metropolitan Collection - London is my favorite) that pass my beauty standard. There's really no reason to stick with V4s (unless you're a Poser user) since you can just use legacy UVs for the current Genesis figures.

Game characters all rook arike in new games, because noobs think 7 > 4 failing to notice there are only a handful of V7 characters, while there are thousands of beautiful V4 to choose from
That's the fault of the game creator if they refuse to use face and body morphs. Plus, if a game creator picks all his character models from a single content creator, there's a huge chance the characters will look the same. It doesn't take a lot of time to find unique looking characters. Heck, even a simple hair change can make it look different.

By content, I mean characters, clothes, hairs, shoes, poses... Which is specific for each version of figures and hardly compatible between versions.
All my Genesis 2 and 3 wardrobe and hair can be used by my Genesis 8 models using autofit and minor tweaking.
You can use poses all the way from V4 with Genesis 8 figures using FREE scripts.
There's barely any native/exclusive Genesis 8 stuff since it was just released last month. Most creators are just making G3+G8 compatible items.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
V4 was released more than 10 years ago. That's the reason why it has thousands of figures you can choose from. People are still making items for V4 since it's the last figure that has full support for the Poser software. This is also the reason why some people hate Daz Studio and the G1 (V5) and G2 (V6) models.

Daz has been releasing a new version of Victoria every 2 years. As someone who just started rendering stuff last May, I find Genesis 3 (V7) way better than V4. The best looking G3 models beat the best looking V4s. I have to agree that the V4s beat the G1s and early G2s. I think I have less than twenty V4 figures (Metropolitan Collection - London is my favorite) that pass my beauty standard. There's really no reason to stick with V4s (unless you're a Poser user) since you can just use legacy UVs for the current Genesis figures.

That's the fault of the game creator if they refuse to use face and body morphs. Plus, if a game creator picks all his character models from a single content creator, there's a huge chance the characters will look the same. It doesn't take a lot of time to find unique looking characters. Heck, even a simple hair change can make it look different.

All my Genesis 2 and 3 wardrobe and hair can be used by my Genesis 8 models using autofit and minor tweaking.
You can use poses all the way from V4 with Genesis 8 figures using FREE scripts.
There's barely any native/exclusive Genesis 8 stuff since it was just released last month. Most creators are just making G3+G8 compatible items.

I'm glad you mentioned Poser, Game Developers should definitely give it a look. Nice recommend

GameDev-Launch1-600x417.png