3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Some new assets I have been testing out, enjoy. Any advice or critiques welcome.
View attachment 105262 View attachment 105263
First, good stuff.

Feedback: Looks like that hair/glasses combo is going to give you clipping problems. Got your work cut out for you if it needs constant adjustments. The skin could probably use a dash more color, it has that vaguely grey problem some skins have, but it is slight.

Reactions: DiosDecay

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
thanks for the tip,I usually use photoshop,but there are too many steps to do simple insert

I was thinking of trying to do not like in the classic comic book but as in an old pin-up
In Photoshop there is a custom shape button with a bunch of shapes inside including speech, thought, etc. It's what tend to use, works well for me.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I'm just thinking how best to implement it (I haven't started yet);)
It doesn't have to be from you. Do you have an example of an existing piece similar to what you want to make? A reference?

[EDIT]
Okay, so it seems like mostly an artistic style distinction. I'm looking at the examples, and they still have text floating on images. My advice remains that you can simply layer some dialogue, thoughts, sound effects over the original render with photoshop/gimp. Again, when you are setting up the shot for the render, you should think about what you want to add after (text) and where it will go in the frame.

It's a similar situation when using Ren'Py that you are better off having the main focus of your shot in the top 70% because of the text box at the bottom. You have to fight your natural inclination to center the shot.

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Feedback: Looks like that hair/glasses combo is going to give you clipping problems. Got your work cut out for you if it needs constant adjustments. The skin could probably use a dash more color, it has that vaguely grey problem some skins have, but it is slight.
Thanks for the feedback, the hair/glasses didn't look too bad when I was working on it but I definitely could've done some more tweaking with the hair (will pay closer attention to the finer details in future). The hair was doing a weird thing in that the bottom tip on her right side was staying in place when I would turn her head (more noticeable in the second pic) had to tweak it quite a bit, but wasn't able to fix it fully. The skin issue may be from the spotlight I am using, will try adding a little more warmth/ using some different skin textures.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes