3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Been doing some work on tanlines / wet effects as seen in spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
good attempt.
I compared the wet materials to some reference photos (search term:"woman leaves pool"). It seems that the drops on her upper body are a little bit too many and not voluminous enough.
I really like her tan lines as well as the red part of her skin color. It looks like she had quite a good time in the sun. :) My tanned skin material often looks a little bit too yellow-ish, compared to your tone. Did you modify the actual texture in a 3rd party program, or did you us a product like skin builder to adjust it?

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
good attempt.
I compared the wet materials to some reference photos (search term:"woman leaves pool"). It seems that the drops on her upper body are a little bit too many and not voluminous enough.
I really like her tan lines as well as the red part of her skin color. It looks like she had quite a good time in the sun. :) My tanned skin material often looks a little bit too yellow-ish, compared to your tone. Did you modify the actual texture in a 3rd party program, or did you us a product like skin builder to adjust it?
Most of the tricks are done using the . The asset uses bump maps to simulate the droplets, hence I can't adjust the size / frequency of the droplets without recreating each skin bump map (way too time consuming). I can however change the droplets on the bathing suit as it is done using a tiled normal map. I might try applying the normal map to the skin surfaces rather than the bump map to see whether I can improve.
Edit - Tiled normal map was unsuccessful as I was not able to split the tiling of the top coat away from the base skin. As such could not tailor droplet size.

The asset I mentioned above has a hue correction to help with the tan colour. You can also change the skin base colour as well, although it will effect both the tanned and non-tanned sections of the skin. If you are using Skin Builder 8, you can also change the tan colour that is being applied to avoid the yellowish look.

After generating the renders I did have to adjust the contrast and saturation, to improve the richness of the image. The original looks a little washed out. The original full-size render of the second image is attached if you are interested.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Most of the tricks are done using the . The asset uses bump maps to simulate the droplets, hence I can't adjust the size / frequency of the droplets without recreating each skin bump map (way too time consuming). I can however change the droplets on the bathing suit as it is done using a tiled normal map. I might try applying the normal map to the skin surfaces rather than the bump map to see whether I can improve.
Edit - Tiled normal map was unsuccessful as I was not able to split the tiling of the top coat away from the base skin. As such could not tailor droplet size.

The asset I mentioned above has a hue correction to help with the tan colour. You can also change the skin base colour as well, although it will effect both the tanned and non-tanned sections of the skin. If you are using Skin Builder 8, you can also change the tan colour that is being applied to avoid the yellowish look.

After generating the renders I did have to adjust the contrast and saturation, to improve the richness of the image. The original looks a little washed out. The original full-size render of the second image is attached if you are interested.

This is a good asset to get some good water drops and drips. I've only used it a few times but it worked well. A lot better than a cutout opacity map that I saw from an older tutorial.

Also one for Gen3

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes