• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
That depends on the position you've posed your characters in, so you might have to be a little specific. Hips need to move much more in say doggystyle, than in missionary.
It's always tricky posing this in Daz, because the whole lower abdomen, pelvis, and thigh portions need to be in sync to appear natural, and sometimes another problem is that since rotating the pelvis/hip makes the thighs rotate with it and not the abdomen, trying to move the hips in sex positions will keep the upper half of your character in place, while the good bits don't remain where you want them to.
It's kinda difficult to explain like this, so I guess you may get more help with your animation if you post what you've done so far. Best of luck!
It's a side-wind position. Male kneeling upright while the woman lies sideways. Problem is pins doing work with genesis 3 posers. If I could get the "knees" and legs steady, I might pull this off. :tiredface:

Suileef

Apr 5, 2018

Anus1974

Oct 5, 2017
Kane3.png Hi, I'm kind of new to Daz, so I will have few questions.

1) Do you thinks she looks too young ? She is supposed to be 18.
2) How to blur the background like the image of blackonis ? And does it reduce the render time because there is less texture ?
3) Is there a special tips for posing two caracters together and not have like the hand of a caracter go through the body of other caracter.

Sorry for my english. Thanx

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 146614 Hi, I'm kind of new to Daz, so I will have few questions.

1) Do you thinks she looks too young ? She is supposed to be 18.
2) How to blur the background like the image of blackonis ? And does it reduce the render time because there is less texture ?
3) Is there a special tips for posing two caracters together and not have like the hand of a caracter go through the body of other caracter.

Sorry for my english. Thanx
OK, I'll take a stab at this. Others, feel free to post your own ideas.

1) She'd certainly pass F-95 rules (must not look prepubescent), and if you said she's 18, I'd buy it.

2) This is a bit more complicated:
So, if you want to 'focus' the camera on a subject:
  • Select the camera in the scene tab that you've positioned for your render (if you are rendering from Perspective view, add a camera, and select the 'perspective view' option when you create it.).
  • Then (after you've selected the camera in the scene tab), select perspective view and position your view so that you are looking at your subject from the side, about 90 degrees to the left or right of your camera angle.
  • Then, under the Cameras tab, turn Depth of Field on. An 'outline' box should appear in the viewport, with crosshairs in the center (you may need to move the viewport around a bit to see the box). This is the 'focal point' of the camera.
  • Use Focal Distance to adjust the focus point, and F/Stop to adjust the size of the box. Everything within this box will be in focus, and will slowly blur out of focus the farther away it is from this box. Note that it'll be a soft blur, not a heavy one.
  • Then, choose that camera again (instead of perspective view) before you start your render.
  • If you need a better explanation, start here:
You can also blur the backrgound 'by hand' using the blur brush tool in whichever photo editing program you are using for postwork. Or do a combination of the two to get the desired effect. Simply 'paint' the areas you want to blur using the brush, after you've set the brush strength. I recommend using a low percentage on the brush strength, so that you can 'slowly' blur things with multiple brush passes until you achieve the desired look.

3) You pretty much have to adjust the limbs/toes/fingers by hand (parameters tab after you've selected the section you want to adjust) so that they aren't embedding into another figure. And also use the 'y' axis or whatever to move the entire figure if say the feet are disappearing in the floor.

I find that changing the view in the viewport to hidden line is a good way to 'see' if a hand, etc. is embedding into the other figure. Texture shaded usually works too, but sometimes the view may be slightly 'off'. You can check your work before rendering with the spot render tool, or by selecting Iray mode in the viewport.

Note that 'preset' pose packages can usually get you in the neighborhood, but that you usually have to make minor adjustments if you aren't using the exact same figures as the ones used to create the poses.

Hope this helps!

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
OK, I'll take a stab at this. Others, feel free to post your own ideas.

1) She'd certainly pass F-95 rules (must not look prepubescent), and if you said she's 18, I'd buy it.

2) This is a bit more complicated:
So, if you want to 'focus' the camera on a subject:
  • Select the camera in the scene tab that you've positioned for your render (if you are rendering from Perspective view, add a camera, and select the 'perspective view' option when you create it.).
  • Then (after you've selected the camera in the scene tab), select perspective view and position your view so that you are looking at your subject from the side, about 90 degrees to the left or right of your camera angle.
  • Then, under the Cameras tab, turn Depth of Field on. An 'outline' box should appear in the viewport, with crosshairs in the center (you may need to move the viewport around a bit to see the box). This is the 'focal point' of the camera.
  • Use Focal Distance to adjust the focus point, and F/Stop to adjust the size of the box. Everything within this box will be in focus, and will slowly blur out of focus the farther away it is from this box. Note that it'll be a soft blur, not a heavy one.
  • Then, choose that camera again (instead of perspective view) before you start your render.
  • If you need a better explanation, start here:
You can also blur the backrgound 'by hand' using the blur brush tool in whichever photo editing program you are using for postwork. Or do a combination of the two to get the desired effect. Simply 'paint' the areas you want to blur using the brush, after you've set the brush strength. I recommend using a low percentage on the brush strength, so that you can 'slowly' blur things with multiple brush passes until you achieve the desired look.

3) You pretty much have to adjust the limbs/toes/fingers by hand (parameters tab after you've selected the section you want to adjust) so that they aren't embedding into another figure. And also use the 'y' axis or whatever to move the entire figure if say the feet are disappearing in the floor.

I find that changing the view in the viewport to hidden line is a good way to 'see' if a hand, etc. is embedding into the other figure. Texture shaded usually works too, but sometimes the view may be slightly 'off'. You can check your work before rendering with the spot render tool, or by selecting Iray mode in the viewport.

Note that 'preset' pose packages can usually get you in the neighborhood, but that you usually have to make minor adjustments if you aren't using the exact same figures as the ones used to create the poses.

Hope this helps!
If you don't mind I would like to add suggestion to your comment.
I would also suggest switching the viewport from texture shaded to lit wireframe by selecting the circle next to the camera selector in main viewport it should say the camera you are using at the moment. This will help in seeing and collisions while posing and allow for your posing to run faster if you are not running a high end PC

Reactions: OhWee and Anus1974

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you don't mind I would like to add suggestion to your comment.
I would also suggest switching the viewport from texture shaded to lit wireframe by selecting the circle next to the camera selector in main viewport it should say the camera you are using at the moment. This will help in seeing and collisions while posing and allow for your posing to run faster if you are not running a high end PC
Don't mind at all! Hidden Line is another version of wireframe, it just discards most of the color info. It all comes down to personal preference.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes