3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Suileef

Apr 5, 2018
Nicely done! Mind me asking which character that is (or based on if morphs and such were applied)?
It's custom morph character, with this skin
Head portrait
portr.jpg

The background is this HDRI map

P.S. I dont know how i come to that idea but...that ass
datass.jpg

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
can i ask question here?
i already posted this in daz3d but, still no answer

i just notice this, when trying to rendering using CTRL+R

i usually using IPR preview, in ipr preview its normal,

here,

the eye got grey square and black square in grey area in pupils area,

i try to change the eyes materials, lights, camera, render size, nothing change,

thank you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 8, 2018
can i ask question here?
i already posted this in daz3d but, still no answer

i just notice this, when trying to rendering using CTRL+R

i usually using IPR preview, in ipr preview its normal,

here,

the eye got grey square and black square in grey area in pupils area,

i try to change the eyes materials, lights, camera, render size, nothing change,

thank you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is always (99% of the time) a black ring around the iris, if, in your parameters tab, you type in iris, it will give you the chance to change the size of the iris, whilst this will not make the the black ring disappear, it can make it appear reduced, most people have an outer black ring to there iris, it's called the Limbal ring, so this not a fault. I have never seen a square pupil though, but you can change the shape of the pupil in the same way, just type in pupil instead, but to be honest, that looks like it was caused by lighting.

Reactions: VNON and Evic

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Hi there,

First time I post in this section.

I've download DAZ and some stuff 3 days ago, and here are my first renders.

It's not beautifull, it's like homeworks. I'm trying to understand this software.

First, I'm trying to create my poses and, the most difficult I think, to create pose between two characters. Very difficult to move hands, to connect parts of bodies.
Second, it's difficult to create something natural, normal. I've got renders that are completly "wtf" because of... I don't know, but don't seems to be natural.
Third, I'm working on it : the lights... I don't understand anything about the lights. I'm trying some renders, but it's not good so far. So, I think I will look for tutorials on the net to understand something about lights (if you got one or two good tutos, I'm ready ;) ).

Thanks.

(clic on pics, they are bigger)

Two renders with small boobs.

I've tried to expand boobs, and they seems naturals in all position. Very difficult to make big natural boobies in all positions.

And last, sorry for my english, I'm french ;)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
First, I'm trying to create my poses and, the most difficult I think, to create pose between two characters. Very difficult to move hands, to connect parts of bodies.
Second, it's difficult to create something natural, normal. I've got renders that are completly "wtf" because of... I don't know, but don't seems to be natural.
Third, I'm working on it : the lights... I don't understand anything about the lights. I'm trying some renders, but it's not good so far. So, I think I will look for tutorials on the net to understand something about lights (if you got one or two good tutos, I'm ready ;) ).
Very nice effort for your first set of renders. I can certainly notice the effort you have made in posing the characters.

There are a significant number of pose assets that will get you half way to your completed pose. From that point, it's a matter of tweaking twist, bend, side-side. Initially takes ages to get exactly what you want, however you will get better at it. The following links contains poses specifically for hands, which should assist.

Unless you are a photographer, getting the hang of lighting takes quite a while. For indoor scenes I would recommend using Studio Light PRO Iray HDRI - Soft Light. This will take out the harsh shadows and then you can layer on the light sources (spot, point etc) you wish on top. For outdoor, you are best to get a solid set of HDRI's you can use. They will provide all the lighting and the sky backdrop.

I have been dabbling part time with 3D rendering for about 3 months and still make plenty of errors. Just learn from them and keep on trying.;)

Reactions: User_6277 and Evic

Evic

May 25, 2018
Hi there,

First time I post in this section.

I've download DAZ and some stuff 3 days ago, and here are my first renders.

It's not beautifull, it's like homeworks. I'm trying to understand this software.

And last, sorry for my english, I'm french ;)
The good news is that your English is much, much better than my French! :)

2 quick tips...

1. Don't forget to turn off the headlamp on your camera, it's ok when previewing your scene but you'll rarely want to use it during a render.

2. Don't forget to adjust or disable the environment and environment light.

If you can't figure out why the light is doing what it is doing it's probably one of those two things :)

You're off to a good start, some time playing around with it will pay off quickly and you can learn a lot of trying out some crazy ideas just to see what happens. Look around for photography tutorials on the web, especially tips & settings for indoor portrait photography. I suggest this because lighting is only part of it, your tone mapping in the render settings in Daz can be just as important depending on the scene.

Play around with some simple scenes until you get the hang of lighting. One person, maybe one prop, a few lights and a good pose. They'll be fast to render and you won't have to worry about the full scene affecting your lights while you're learning. Iray will render light reflections off (and through) surfaces so you have to worry about things like a light shining on a wall creating an unwanted glow on another surface.

Reactions: Xavster

Lewd Digital

Jul 7, 2018
It's custom morph character, with this skin
Head portrait
View attachment 122738

The background is this HDRI map

P.S. I dont know how i come to that idea but...that ass
View attachment 122759
Thank you for sharing! Once again, those look great!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes