3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
Here is my last render... View attachment 113200
I got to say, that I'm impressed by your attention to detail! Your renders look natural, and your characters don't look like raped Pinocchio.
The only thing about your renders is color. It's very hard to get "realistic" look in Daz, so i suggest you to make your renders more "cartoonish". And think about post-processing (Photoshop, GIMP, etc.)
Agree with blackonis completely: post-work is a major step in my images and during the setup of the image/render, I take into account I will be doing post on the image, trying to plan lighting accordingly (knowing I can strengthen / weaken them in post).

I had a go at putting your latest image through my post-process (not successfully / burnt out the background / blurred a little too much, etc):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:
Now, I'm wondering: are your characters in front of a background? I was just marvelling at the detail of the scrub-grass at her feet and the detailing of the left wall, but noticed she should be casting a shadow towards the viewer and that the right wall is tiled, and the shadows going away from the viewer don't follow the contours of the steps, and her heels lack ambient occulsion where they meet the ground. A convincing illusion? Regardless, the more of your work I see, the more I'm impressed.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
Agree with blackonis completely: post-work is a major step in my images and during the setup of the image/render, I take into account I will be doing post on the image, trying to plan lighting accordingly (knowing I can strengthen / weaken them in post).

I had a go at putting your latest image through my post-process (not successfully / burnt out the background / blurred a little too much, etc):

Edit:
Now, I'm wondering: are your characters in front of a background? I was just marvelling at the detail of the scrub-grass at her feet and the detailing of the left wall, but noticed she should be casting a shadow towards the viewer and that the right wall is tiled, and the shadows going away from the viewer don't follow the contours of the steps, and her heels lack ambient occulsion where they meet the ground. A convincing illusion? Regardless, the more of your work I see, the more I'm impressed.
I am using a hdri map (iray dome + draw dome) as a background and light source and iray mattes for the walls (shadow catcher invisible planes) so the shadows are physicaly correct (I reproduced the walls using iray mattes)...

The dominant light source (in the the hdr map) come from behind the camera so it is for that there are no shadow coming in the direction of the viewer (there are soft shadow on the small stairs and at her feet in direction of the stair...

D

Dr PinkCake

Edit:
I also agree. Post work can do so much for a render, it doesn't have to be a lot of work either. I retouch every single render I make. To not have it become a tedious chore, I've made simple Photoshop macros I use. Just press one button and voila (reduce noise, downsample, smart sharpen, levels, curve and for my example below Color balance).
This is my before and after retouch examples.
Before:
no_retouch.jpg
After:
retouch.jpg

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I also agree. Post work can do so much for a render, it doesn't have to be a lot of work either. I retouch every single render I make. To not have it become a tedious chore, I've made simple Photoshop macros I use. Just press one button and voila (reduce noise, downsample, smart sharpen, levels, curve and for my example below Color balance).
This is my before and after retouch examples.
Before:
View attachment 113360
After:
View attachment 113361
both pictures look good - ( preference tho i like the pre photo). just wondering how long did it take to retouch the second one and how long have you been working on photo?

D

Dr PinkCake

both pictures look good - ( preference tho i like the pre photo). just wondering how long did it take to retouch the second one and how long have you been working on photo?
The scene called for a colder setting and the before shot was too warm and monochrome. As I stated, I use macros in photoshp. So it literally took me 1 second to get everything but the color balance done. The color balance was done in one minute by changing shadows and midtones to blue while masking the Red alpha channel. I've had digital illustration and photography as a hobby for 15+ years. :)

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I've been pretty preoccupied the last few days with personal issues that kind of fucked with my endless amounts of time at home, but these are character images I've completed recently (I made them incredibly large and inconsistently sized for fuck knows why. I'm a goofball). I've decided to rewrite the story because I wasn't fond of it after constant review.

These 6 are the characters of my game (Some might still be subject to some changes). Instead of a mid June - mid July release, it looks like it will come out around Fall or Winter, most likely, but I don't wanna set a date. I also have to update my patreon page, but that can wait. In order from left to right, the characters go as Ariana, Castille, Dwayne(MC), Mariana, Rachel, Vanessa.

Ariana.jpg Castille.jpg Dwayne.jpg Mariana.jpg Rachel.jpg Vanessa.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes