• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz3D 3delight skin texture/shader

mor joc

Nov 15, 2017
I am running Daz on my mac air and iray is ridiculously slow. So my only option is to use 3delight which gives me a decent render very fast. But I really like the human skin texture on iray it gives a more realistic feel to it. But in 3delight the skin is way too dark and looks like plastic.
Here is a test render on iray which took about 40 minutes to render
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and here is the same model in 3delight rendered in 3 minutes time.

I could not find any proper solution for this. Can anyone provide me with any shader or texture for this or tell me which settings to play with?
Ps: I am a coder and I am just starting with Daz.

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
From my understanding mac just doesn't play with with Iray at all, (even when using nvidia graphics cards, which most don't) - and there just isn't a decent solution around it. I think to some degree, unless you can find a professional (not me) who can help with the issue, you'll need to find a way to make 3delight look decent.... which is a tall order judging from your renders. But there should be a way.

In my opinion the Iray version looks much better, but those are just comparing default settings - I'm sure there's a way to make the 3delight version look good too.

Edit - There's a number of guides on the daz3d forums that go into depth for 3delight rendering, I recommend checking those out.

Reactions: mor joc

mor joc

Nov 15, 2017
I tried changing the settings as told in daz forums and got this in the end

Its still a long way form those iray out of the box renders.

mor joc

Nov 15, 2017
Ok, the main reason 3delight renders looked so dark just because of lower gamma values in render settings. The plastic feeling can be reduced to an extent by setting all the velvet filters in shaders to none.

Here is current render with gamma correction on and set to 2.2 also with velvet settings to none.

Its still missing the realistic skin feeling tho.

Reactions: tonotini

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
I think both of those renders look really good. A lot of it is going to boil down to how you end up using the lighting, but they are both miles ahead of the first 3delight render you showed.

How are the render times?

Johi

Jun 22, 2017
I am new to daz myself so i dont know what im talking about .
By default Iray has the option to auto light scenes for you . Try rendering with iray with that option turned off . if the resault is similar to 3delight then you will know its mostly the lighting settings .

mor joc

Nov 15, 2017
I am new to daz myself so i dont know what im talking about .
By default Iray has the option to auto light scenes for you . Try rendering with iray with that option turned off . if the resault is similar to 3delight then you will know its mostly the lighting settings .
Its not the lighting, its gamma settings. Iray auto corrects the gama settings. While in 3delight I had to set it manualy.