• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Daz studio compatibility GF8 - x8 models f.e poses etc

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
hi guys,

i am really REALLY new to DAZ Studio, before buying bundles, poses, chars etc, i have a specific question.

For example:
1. I buy Female Robyn 8, daz3d says "Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female"
2. I buy props/poses for Genesis 8 Female, daz3d shops says "Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female"

So these poses working with G8F, but does this also work with f.e. Robyn 8 Females , or even with all x 8 Females ?

Its a bit confusing to me.

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Genesis 8 is the base model of all those other "x 8" models so if the poses say "Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female" they should work with it but you always have to keep in mind that all available poses are made with specific character proportions (height, length of the legs and arms...).

Reactions: goditseb

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
Genesis 8 is the base model of all those other "x 8" models so if the poses say "Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female" they should work with it but you always have to keep in mind that all available poses are made with specific character proportions (height, length of the legs and arms...).
okay that makes sense, there are some community content poses which specifically says f.e "for Robyn 8"..

So normally it should work, but there could be some minor problems cuz of character proportions.

Good to know, thank you (y)

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
When applying a pose you can CTRL+Double-click to disable scaling (and/or translation, rotation).

View attachment 505372
that will help me so much !!

I am really hyped about creating some great content. :love:

The biggest problem for me is right now, lighting/light/camera in general, i guess also render settings..
and surfaces like placing my model on a bed, it doesnt really look natural ( feet, butt sitting on the bed )

But step after step, there are enough YT tutorials :ROFLMAO:

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
is it worth buying aniMate 2 ? Is it fair enough to use it, or to complex ? btw i fear the render times to animate a scene.
I own Daz Studio since 5-6 days, as i know, after sometime, "aniMate 2" will be "aniMate 2 Lite" and i have to buy it..
The tool seems older, maybe aniMate 3 is in the making?

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
If you have DazStudio 4.12 a lot of the features from AniMate, KeyMate, and GraphMate are now built in. Those plug-ins are pretty much deprecated at this point

Reactions: goditseb

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
If you have DazStudio 4.12 a lot of the features from AniMate, KeyMate, and GraphMate are now built in. Those plug-ins are pretty much deprecated at this point
I have Daz Studio 4.12, right now it says bottom left "aniMate 2". How else would you animate something if not aniMate 2, is the Lite version potent enough or did they get rid of the Lite version in 4.12 ?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I have Daz Studio 4.12, right now it says bottom left "aniMate 2". How else would you animate something if not aniMate 2, is the Lite version potent enough or did they get rid of the Lite version in 4.12 ?
Maybe it's not visible... go to the "Window" menu, "Panes..." and click on "Timeline".

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
Maybe it's not visible... go to the "Window" menu, "Panes..." and click on "Timeline".
nono you did misunderstand me, aniMate 2 is visible bottom left, my question is..

- Is aniMate 2 only trial for like 2 weeks for new users ?

deanec64

Jul 27, 2019
nono you did misunderstand me, aniMate 2 is visible bottom left, my question is..

- Is aniMate 2 only trial for like 2 weeks for new users ?
it seems to be forever. my question though is, are their any Lessons on howto best utilize it? and can you alter specifics of the Blocks?

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
it seems to be forever. my question though is, are their any Lessons on howto best utilize it? and can you alter specifics of the Blocks?
its not forever, it became "lite" after 2 weeks for me

you have to look/search yt, there are many tutorials