• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Daz studio adding downloadable Asset Releases(winrars)

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Hi I am not sure if this is in the right section.. its my first time requesting this question..

So I am looking at the asset releases for something nice to add to my Daz however whatever I extract in to the locations doesn't show up anywhere not in the smart content or the content library, and the thing is people guides always say the best way to find the place to put it is to go into preferences and content directory management to find the location... i.e this image here whatever files i put in that location do not show up in daz program...
also when i download daz it makes like 3 other files named Daz3D in different locations in my c: drive user documents etc i decide to extract the files in all of them still nothing appears.. please help>?

In conclusion whatever i download and extract and place doesn't show up..?
#Thanks

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
What location are you extracting it to, the default location for manually adding downloads is in a stupid spot, C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library I have it shortcutted on my desktop. I even manually install Daz installer ones in there a lot of the time so I know where the are, ie if I put something in the environments or hair that's exactly where is shows up Daz in the content library (I never use the smart content) and it's not as simple as just extracting them in there.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
What location are you extracting it to, the default location for manually adding downloads is in a stupid spot, C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library I have it shortcutted on my desktop. I even manually install Daz installer ones in there a lot of the time so I know where the are, ie if I put something in the environments or hair that's exactly where is shows up Daz in the content library (I never use the smart content) and it's not as simple as just extracting them in there.
The problem about my c:drive is its only got 10gb of space left the rest is none deletable windows crap, ill try that folder once again. thank you

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
The problem about my c:drive is its only got 10gb of space left the rest is none deletable windows crap, ill try that folder once again. thank you
Best way how to solve this problem is buy bigger HDD and made clone on this new one. Because making with programs like Daz with more databases is just problems you don't want to have :)
I'm mostly using DAZ finding function in way of using content.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
It's very straightforward to have a second content drive for Daz if you want.

If you have a D drive or something like that, make a folder on it for Daz content.
Inside DS, go to Edit > Preferences, click on the Content tab and press Content Directory Manager at the bottom
Click on "Daz Studio Formats" and then press "Add..." under "Directory" on the left
"Accept" your way out

Now items installed in that directory will show up inside your Content just the way that content in the default location (C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library ) does.