Unreal Engine Daz Daz + Dicktator + Unreal

r4cc00n

Sep 12, 2021
Hi everyone !

I made a visual novel with Unreal Engine and making characters and animations on Daz. After a (long) learning period, I can use this tools to make my game ! The next challenge is to make characters and animation with Genitalia (the game would be a bit boring without a sex scene no?). After reading a lot of posts and tutorial, I almost find a way to do it !

I followed this article to transfer some Dicktator morphs to Unreal :

I followed this post to add a new bone after Shaft 7 : https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-import-dicktator-genitial-animation-to-unreal-engine.101406/

And everything works fine : I can make an animation in Daz and transfer it to Unreal with Dicktator morphs included.

There is only one thing to solve and I can't find a way to solve it : the Dicktator texture doesn't follows the animation ! Here an example with flacid morphs and character rotation :

1713803918100.png
1713803936710.png

I'm using Daz Studio Pro 4.22, latest DazToUnreal plugin an Unreal Engine 5.3.2. Any help will be appreciated :)

WarmGourd

Mar 30, 2024
Hey there!

I'm afraid that I have limited experience with Dicktator and Unreal as I work with Unity but I would imagine as this looks to be a diffeo/export issue then the process should be similar regardless of engine or asset.

It looks as though it's the color shell that's causing problems. Does the Dicktator base graft without the color shell have it's own UVS? If that's the case then you could use the Map Transfer Utility within Daz to bake the shell textures to the base graft (this; after using the material copy from Dicktator will provide you with a mostly seamless texture). Failing that approach and assuming that the base graft does indeed share the same UV space as the color shell, you could simply copy the Dicktator textures from the runtime folder into your Unreal project, create a material and apply them to the Genitalia area directly. Assuming that you haven't merged the materials within diffeomorphic.

I hope you manage to get it sorted and good luck with your project!