DAZ decent looking teens G8

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Hello there. I was trying to find realistic teen model for Genesis 8 (male & female) for about three days now. The most realistic I've found were some models for previous generations.
Nowadays modelers make them look like dolls with huge eyes and weird nose bridge and nose itself. It looks like fucking conspiracy because all of them are made the same way.
So the question is: can someone name a realistic teen model for Genesis 8 to use its morphing.
And do you know do they make it intentionally? Why the hell ALL teen models look like toons?

Jun 29, 2018
I did a quick search and it looks like the main ones are "Teen Kaylee 8 Pro Bundle" and "Teen Josie 8 Pro Bundle" . There are also characters for them and morphs you can use to try changing the age of the character:

VYK Annika for G8F & Teen Josie 8
BD Jayde for Teen Josie 8
Wren for Teen Josie 8
Alt Teen Josie 8
FWHP Ayako for Teen Josie 8
Missy for Teen Josie 8
FWSA Kelsey for Teen Josie and Genesis 8
Teen JADE for G8F
Xoxo for Genesis 8 Female
FWSA Maelynn HD for Teen Kaylee 8
Dorothy for Genesis 3 & 8 Female
Girls for Growing Up for Genesis 8 Female
Faye & Young Lyra for Genesis 8 Female
Easy Shape Master – Age Control and Body Tuning for Genesis 8 Female
FWSA Amie for Genesis 8 (Great looking character)

FWSA Amie for Genesis 8.jpg

As expected there seems to be far fewer for male characters as well:

Cool Teens for G8M
Boys for Easy Shape Master for Genesis 8 Male
Boys for Growing Up for Genesis 8 Male
Easy Shape Master – Age Control and Body Tuning for Genesis 8 Male

These are the package names so if you search for the full name, especially with quotes around it, you should easily find the site they are sold on as well as sites they can be "downloaded" from.

Don't forget you can adjust everything about the character's face/body to create a unique look. It takes more time but at least gives you more variation as well. I hope that helps out.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Also, the "Growing Up" resources have some pretty well-done morphs that will help change a character's apparent age by altering their body proportions, facial features, posture etc. Thus, you can take a character that's "a little too old" and dial them down to be a bit younger-looking.

(This falls under the "adjust everything" category that Mr_Batsu mentioned - this just groups together a bunch of effects into 1-2 dials.)

Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Thank you for such a huge list.
As I said they share the same plastic nose bridge and their eyeballs are too big. I'm not expert in proportions, maybe not eyeballs but iris size, nevertheless they need surgery. They are in uncanny valley for me.
Only Dorothy looks more or less realistic but she isn't pretty. And Amie looks good.
Looks like they do it intentionally. crap.

Minha Ninfeta

Sep 15, 2018
Thank you for such a huge list.
As I said they share the same plastic nose bridge and their eyeballs are too big. I'm not expert in proportions, maybe not eyeballs but iris size, nevertheless they need surgery. They are in uncanny valley for me.
Only Dorothy looks more or less realistic but she isn't pretty. And Amie looks good.
Looks like they do it intentionally. crap.
What about combing the morph dials? 50% of your favorite adult, 50% of a teen character. Or use the 3rd generation models, there are two times as many and the skins are better than Genesis 8.