RPGM Day/Night cycle help

LostWisdom

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
Hello. I've been building a rpgmaker game for a while now. Could anyone advise on making a day night cycle sort of sytem. The ones I've seen online have been mostly an ingame clock that runs and advances time as you leave it going. What I wanted to implement is morning, day, afternoon, night. With certain activities or actions advancing time while others wouldn't.
exmples: Town of Passion, Warlocks and Boobs, SummertimeSaga each have a similar system.

Apologies if it's super simple and basic to do. I'm an artist not a coder.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I'm not an export on Rpgmaker, far from it, but can't you just use a variable that counts to 4 then reset?

You can then use that variable to set-up events that trigger on a certain number, using an if statement, and have the events add 1 to the timer as well.

Reactions: LostWisdom

LostWisdom

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
I'm not an export on Rpgmaker, far from it, but can't you just use a variable that counts to 4 then reset?

You can then use that variable to set-up events that trigger on a certain number, using an if statement, and have the events add 1 to the timer as well.
Ah. yeah actually that sounds like it would work. I've only just been learning to use variables for rng stuff. Guess I'll have to give that test soon. Thank you : )