Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
One interesting game, that @Sycho would like, is to pick the individual render that has shown up the most in DMD.
That pic of D sitting in the bath (I used it for a while as my avatar but decided the smaller pic size was unworthy of my fav D pic in all DMD) must be utterly loved by MrDots. It has appeared, appeared again, and appeared yet again at least 5-6 times. Is there any other pic that has appeared as much in DMD?
That'd be an easy one, my friend! ASL and in a few renders of Melody. In Melody, she looks like a cross between D and Jennifer. I wouldn't consider TP though. Yeah there was a brief appearance by D (as a "new-to-this" prostitute), but she looked strung out on something.. lol Not quite the way I wanna remember D by..

There were also quite a few similarities (references, if you will) to DMD in My Lovely Sara (no renders as of yet that I've noticed).

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No, bro. Not D generally. D specifically sitting in that bathtub in the very image I uploaded. Just on the D-only path, I have seen that particular pic 5-6 times starting in 0.15.
Oh, I misunderstood. I though you were talking about her appearing in other games aside from DMD. I didn't know you meant that scene itself. Yeah, there were several bath scenes where that shot you posted appeared more than once. I can't think of them right off the top of my head, but I do recall the tub scene in the hotel once F arrived in D's country. I think it may have been used in CH. 1 as well.

*edit*
I searched all the renders I ripped from the game using UnRen and I couldn't find that scene in chapter 1.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Perhaps you could go back and read the first few 100s of pages in this thread. Lots and lots of discussion trying to make a plausible case for DMD as a RL situation.

. . .

I'm not expecting a dev to openly admit how formulaic and contrived his game actually is. The game can still be great fun for all that. But it's limited, even though it can get intense, fun.
Hey! I don't want you to think this is personal. Every person can engage/immerse as he sees fit. My fav literary work, Aesop's Fables, has talking animals as characters and it still accurately maps out human behaviour.
It is somewhat personal: the entire purpose for my posting this narrow opinion was to openly congratulate the DMD team for adding some recognizable themes at the emotional and physical level in v.18. Because frankly, this is the first time I've felt that such elements have surfaced in this game. That realization didn't stop me from enjoying the game for what it was before the latest chapter, as it's been generally fun escapism and I've been willing to let the story tell itself without placing serious judgment upon it. I never would have thought this game was intended to represent something realistic, in part because it's never been marketed that way.

If some posts from far back in this seemingly infinite topic argued on the realism of the overall situation, then I can't imagine those who would argue for what we've seen as being plausible have experienced much in the way of romantic relationships and seen how both children and parents tend to see each other.

I guess the only argument which might fit to say that this game's main plot is at all possible could be the theory of genetic sexual attraction (GSA), where the claim is that close relatives who have been separated for many years and then rekindle their relationship as adults may see one or both of them experience an intense attraction for the other. But, that's a general concept and not an outline for how this story has actually been written, the often naive or wooden dialogue, the unrealistic choices made by D at critical points where she trusts F's decisions much as 3 year-old might have blind faith in their parent, etc.

Still, I'm not sure why any of us should care too much about such opinions, unless there's the fear that some people want to attempt using this as a template for real life interactions . . . that would obviously be a disastrous choice. Otherwise, I have no reason to burst people's bubbles for the sake of Internet points, though I can support adding an opinion to the discussion as an attempt to help give others potentially more realistic notions to consider.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

Yogi8156

May 23, 2018
May I ask when would the chapter be and would we maybe be able to have a foursome with all the girl's hehe?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
May I ask when would the chapter be and would we maybe be able to have a foursome with all the girl's hehe?
The next update for chapter 2 drops in August, probably towards the end of the month. I'm not sure about a 3rd chapter though with updates being released every 2 months. A lot of us would surely love to see a chapter 3.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Havn't been up to speed on this thread, so sorry if any is a repost.
Really liked the update, just sorry there is so long for the next scheduled release..

It really bugged me how some animations glitched by cutting to black before reloading, so i went ahead and cut that part out (this MrDots is what happens, when you rush the animations 1 day before releasedate :p).
Files needs to be in the path ..\DMD.CH2-0.18-pc\game\images\extras\day 18 in order to work.
-- -
-- -
They are also 1/5th the size, despite being close to lossless. So no idea what MrDots is doing..

Anyways, since this has been discussed a couple of times. Donutistan is a magical place where Dee lives, but there is a trainstation with 'bit familiar name to it.

Seems like it's between London & a place called Uckfeild. Doubt that was intentional, but I found it funny :relievedface:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I was wondering.. If F and D were to go back to the beach town to see Graham and Olivia again, can we get a couple of paper bags over the old hag's face? *shudder*

She's definitely a boner kill.. :perservingface:

Or maybe her and the perverted bartender could be off somewhere (out of eyesight) boinking like two bulldogs.. lol Sorry about the frightening mental image, guys!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
One of my favorite game,but it's not even close to the mentioned trio-MC's mother,sister and daughter:)
Oh I agree completely. I was just throwing that out there as one example. Can't wait for MC to have sex with little miss innocent later on. :)

If I knew WTH I was doing with coding (I've always wanted to learn Python, Perl, C++, C# .NET), I think between me, you and virtuvoid (probably a few others as well) we could create one hell of a game along that line. It's the coding/rendering aspect that I don't have a firm grasp on. I suck at graphics design so that's out of the question for me..

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
scenario is going very slowly
That's to be expected since the game was removed from MrDots' Patreon site around the time v.17 dropped.

Just wondering.. has anyone given any thought to inviting MrDots here? If not, I could extend the invitation. We could really get some discussions going! :D

Thoughts?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Lol! He thinks we're all thieves!
One of the back-up writers used to come here. He also thinks we're thieves and this site should be closed down.
MrDots has never even had a Discord channel.
This is the first VN I ever played, luckily from 0.01. MrDots was a regular poster on 8chan before DMD launched, and again a regular poster on several smaller forums up to the time 0.05 dropped.
After that he informed, via Patreon, he was expanding his studio with several new hires (some of which became spokespeople for the studio). It would probably take a full Patreon ban to get MrDots to engage the full community again on any type of regular basis.
Well, damn. That blows. I've seen other devs interacting with the discussions taking place in other threads, so that's why the idea came to mind. Not to mention, we had one of the writers who wrote Elena's dialog make an appearance not too long ago.

Oh, as an aside, if anybody is a "thief", it should be D because she stole all of our hearts! :D

Reactions: asgardtipar

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
Not really much in the way of rock hard nips that can cut glass in that scene, but most definitely a great wet T shirt shot! :)

THAT'S the shot I was looking for.. Nips that can cut glass and a face that can melt the coldest of hearts..
Didnt even realise how oversized her boobs are... geez

It feels like this game is close to being finished

We are already on third base with D not much further to go with that

E has presumably found out about the current relationship between F and D

We found out that EX is banging some dude on the side so that will be our proof to get D back from her.

Shit be ending

My wish for an ending would be a gangbang between F,J,E,and D.
not for me... just too much, imma realistic person,and i dont think father is like a fuckboy. He truly loves D and she REALLLLY loves him, not wants to fuck him, really loves him so she sharing him with other girls i think she would precive as cheating of some sort

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Anyways, since this has been discussed a couple of times. Donutistan is a magical place where Dee lives, but there is a trainstation with 'bit familiar name to it.

Seems like it's between London & a place called Uckfeild. Doubt that was intentional, but I found it funny :relievedface:
I think the "F" got cut off of Uckfeild.

Reactions: Magixian and Sycho
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes