seemsgreat

Oct 29, 2017
Well, first off let me start with, dont shoot the messenger, but Patreon did say that to someone already, a developer asked if that would be a viable option and they said no, players cant be able to make characters related, even step-anything.

So im wondering how and if that works here, well going from how they handle things there is still a big variety of enforcements case by case.
yes of course, so Patreon say that you cannot patch or remove files now to? crazy.. but its starting to become a bit ridicolous, the game was made called dating my daughter..... i mean.... if hes going to skip out of the incest he might as well scrap and redo the game. a game called dating my daughter but no incest is just, well, ridicolous.

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
Dating My Daughter V0.16 Feedback
Cons:
1- It doesn't make sense for any of them to bring Elena along to their dates.
Oh, it does.
When F is on a route including E but knowing he has no time to meet them seperately. Or he wants to corrupt D to get used to the thought of sharing ;)
And even on an D exclusive route ... D explained she has to make up for E's missing participations in F's country and for helping her out here ... and Daddy won't do anything that will make his lovely princess sad, doesn't he :p

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
yes of course, so Patreon say that you cannot patch or remove files now to? crazy.. but its starting to become a bit ridicolous, the game was made called dating my daughter..... i mean.... if hes going to skip out of the incest he might as well scrap and redo the game. a game called dating my daughter but no incest is just, well, ridicolous.
They can not really act on patches, as long as the Patreon version is "clean" and other websites that may have unwanted content does not directly link to Patreon its "safe". A good example are Bethesda Games, they get modded to hell with a lot more crazy things. And funny things. And crazy funny things.

Here's the message that was posted in October when things started to become serious.

From patreon page:
"Here is the excerpt from the message sent to me from their staff regarding the new guidelines:

"To clarify, if there is an optional feature in which a character could engage in incestual or non-consensual activities, then the player would still have a chance to view and interact with content that is considered to be a violation of the guidelines.

If this feature were to be removed from your game so that there is no mention/depiction of incestual or non-consensual activities, then it would fall within our guidelines. This extends to all content on your creator page, direct links that lead to this type of content, and other platforms showcasing work funded through your Patreon. "

Reactions: seemsgreat

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
For anyone having save issues you can make a brand new save on chapter 2. Hit continue from ch.1 and press save doesn't appear. That allows you to do a simple questionnaire of the content from chapter 1 to fix up a save. No screwing around converting a save over or rerunning the game.

As far as I can tell the "proper" nicknames are "daughter" and "dad" without the quotes. Setting it to that the dialogue seemed to run as normal, using something else came off really bizarre and awkward.

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
For anyone having save issues you can make a brand new save on chapter 2. Hit continue from ch.1 and press save doesn't appear. That allows you to do a simple questionnaire of the content from chapter 1 to fix up a save. No screwing around converting a save over or rerunning the game.

As far as I can tell the "proper" nicknames are "daughter" and "dad" without the quotes. Setting it to that the dialogue seemed to run as normal, using something else came off really bizarre and awkward.
yeah my patch helps with some of that but there is sections of the text that just adds dy for example to the code that tells it to use the name from the box, so for example if you do dad in certain areas she calls you daddy which is fine but if you do something like master then in certain areas that would become masterdy :(

but bare in mind he expects everyone to just use daughter and dad to restore the game to how it was intended so don't be too harsh on him but there was script mistakes i corrected in the one i released above.

seemsgreat

Oct 29, 2017
They can not really act on patches, as long as the Patreon version is "clean" and other websites that may have unwanted content does not directly link to Patreon its "safe". A good example are Bethesda Games, they get modded to hell with a lot more crazy things. And funny things. And crazy funny things.

Here's the message that was posted in October when things started to become serious.

From patreon page:
"Here is the excerpt from the message sent to me from their staff regarding the new guidelines:

"To clarify, if there is an optional feature in which a character could engage in incestual or non-consensual activities, then the player would still have a chance to view and interact with content that is considered to be a violation of the guidelines.

If this feature were to be removed from your game so that there is no mention/depiction of incestual or non-consensual activities, then it would fall within our guidelines. This extends to all content on your creator page, direct links that lead to this type of content, and other platforms showcasing work funded through your Patreon. "
thank you my friend for the info, Patreon are really crazy they want to control everything... people can not even LINK, it makes me a bit upset.

so sad to se people have to botch extremely good talanted creative games, and the DETAILS is everything, and you have a game that is called and made with dating my daughter that now in its base mode does not even have incest. but well well im just upset..

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Oh, it does.
When F is on a route including E but knowing he has no time to meet them seperately. Or he wants to corrupt D to get used to the thought of sharing ;)
And even on an D exclusive route ... D explained she has to make up for E's missing participations in F's country and for helping her out here ... and Daddy won't do anything that will make his lovely princess sad, doesn't he :p
If it is route including Elena, it is a different story. The problem I see is when you play a daughter only path and still they bring Elena along. D would think of some other way to make up for Elena, but she would not bring Elena to her date or her date would be spoiled.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Its a not so great time yeah, thats why im trying to watch all the games that run into trouble and see if they already know how to circumvent these restrictions, well and here it seems he went with an option thats a) probably not allowed, and b) ruining a bit of immersion, simple name changers dont add a variety of names that come up in the right context, but I already saw trying to come up with a patch for that, good work there.

seemsgreat

Oct 29, 2017

with big or small letter? i only get "dad" or "Dad" and never anything else and with the wrong upper/lowercase which looks awful. and yes i agree with you that the writing now looks bizarre and awkward and it makes me depressed because it used to be great!

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
with big or small letter? i only get "dad" or "Dad" and never anything else and with the wrong upper/lowercase which looks awful. and yes i agree with you that the writing now looks bizarre and awkward and it makes me depressed because it used to be great!
if you are using my patch or patched version Dad should work fine as i have changed the script to fix that issue

JoeDoe07

Feb 26, 2017
cop a feel in the restaurant then expose her boobs
Unfortunately this gives me just a pic with D covering her boobs with her hands.
Is there some trigger for D showing her boobs?
I cheated and maxed out all stats to 200, so i5t can't be the exhibitionist stat.
Leaves me clueless...

dabun

Nov 28, 2017
hi there, maybe it was already mentioned but, is the story of chapter 2 complete ?
Ty for ur answer

(sorry for my bad english)

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
Unfortunately this gives me just a pic with D covering her boobs with her hands.
I cheated and maxed out all stats to 200, so i5t can't be the exhibitionist stat.
Leaves me clueless...
one sec i will take another look at mine

seemsgreat

Oct 29, 2017
if you are using my patch or patched version Dad should work fine as i have changed the script to fix that issue
thank you! i will try these patches, but i dont think it will be possible with this "in the long run" because the writing is changed to the worse(i compere with 0.15 and chap 1) and supporters cant rewrite his games everytime, so i think he has to just make changes to this and think of something else, or the games writing will stay this 0.16 strange and awkward.(for future versions to)

FXM

Oct 2, 2017
Leaves me clueless...
i guess you have not the necessary exhibition points

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
@JoeDoe07 you are correct that scene isn't in the game (i checked the CG files) they must have decided not to do that or that was just a teaser of sorts

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
I really hope there's either some cunnilinguous and/or blowjobs between F & D in 0.17, or I may seriously have to put the game away and just wait for a friend to tell me if it's interesting enough to pick it back up.

Reactions: lupy30

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I really hope there's either some cunnilinguous and/or blowjobs between F & D in 0.17, or I may seriously have to put the game away and just wait for a friend to tell me if it's interesting enough to pick it back up.
based on the way the game is going, i would wait until v0.20 until we get some sexier stuff. see you in a few months! I might wait but knowing how addicting the game is I'll patiently wait for v0.17

Reactions: Londo_Mollari
3.80 star(s) 322 Votes