Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I may be slow, but the photoshoot already happened, though it was different than this one,, or this may just be enhanced content. I don't mind going back a day or two, but back to Day 2??? The points should not change that much if one followed the walk through.
As anyone tried to play through from start? Is there a difference?
it is the path for rejecting richard or w/e his name was, its all stated right before the scene starts

M

MantisK

it is the path for rejecting richard or w/e his name was, its all stated right before the scene starts
I read that, but in 0.12 he just rejected Richard that day and it should have been sufficient. The main issue was Georgina. It may be a more subtle programming issue, which I gave up after a few tries on a Timex Sinclair 1000 as a teen.

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
Yeah I know that that's why I said it can't be kept as a single route, pure incest game you seem to desire. It's actually quite similiar to what it was at the beginning so at least it's developer has some stable, design integrity.

Not really cultural. It was forbidden in ancient Rome as well as most of the other cultures since we started creating them as well as it was considered disgusting in a different mythologies. If something is considered to be something by many different cultures through out the ages it's not cultural but rather biological. The only cultural aspects you can see regarding incest are those that were used by nobility in many civilisations but that's a sociat invention and rarely had anything with feelings. People find it disgusting not because it's taboo but it's taboo because people find it disgusting. Our specie just works like that. I have nothing against incest games, tho they're not for me mostly, but it's weird how some fans try to fit their fetishes into reality.
According to freud, the incest taboo marks precisely the moment culture starts to diverge from nature. Impossible to decide wheter it’s natural or cultural. It's on the brink.

(Then again, freud has been criticized all over these last decades, and I'm pretty sure you would be able to find philosophers defending both options)

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I read that, but in 0.12 he just rejected Richard that day and it should have been sufficient. The main issue was Georgina. It may be a more subtle programming issue, which I gave up after a few tries on a Timex Sinclair 1000 as a teen.
there was an option to reject him back in the beginning of the game too. if i understood it correctly, thats what its geared towards. so there is i think 3 different variations of the shoot. sorry if i misunderstood you

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
@Aitan_3

You mentioned about little examples of success stories. I only know of a few who actually completed games. Akabur and I think maybe one other guy. Most games never get completed or do well then get cut instantly.

I point in direction of Big Brother. That game had it going for a long time. Strong supporters and then poof gone. I seen massive mishaps like Breeding Season and Cloud Meadow. Then look at Urban Demons made by Nergal. Mind most of these are surrounded by heavy amount of negativity. But from the many ppl I spoke to they speak of DMD as in similar light. Akabur is a legend on Patreon and who made it so popular. He is one of the biggest success stories of all time.
There are other completed games. Lost heir. Corrupting the priestess. Labs rats. All those inceton games. Nikraria stuff. Play with us. Behind the dune. Overwhored. The guy that did let me in. Pretty sure snow daze will be completed too. Obviously akabur is a living legend on patron, and my favourite creator too, at least when it comes to work ethics. Daz games seem to have bad luck and a bad reputation, I'll give you that. But mrdots is professional af, and is planning way ahead and beyond patreon. Might be another success story. I hope so. We'll see.

M

MantisK

there was an option to reject him back in the beginning of the game too. if i understood it correctly, thats what its geared towards. so there is i think 3 different variations of the shoot. sorry if i misunderstood you
Yes, this was not as long as the other shoot, but some content was different though it still had ERIC in the window!!!

Reactions: Afflyction

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
According to freud, the incest taboo marks precisely the moment culture starts to diverge from nature. Impossible to decide wheter it’s natural or cultural. It's on the brink.
I wouldn't call it cultural if it's natural for different cultures. People without any connection thought the same thing about this. In my opinion it's a normal evolutionary mechanism like with people being afraid of snakes or darkness. It's just useful for our specie as inbreeding is bad for society. Yeah Freud is kinda outdated but he's still a valuable source of knowledge.
Whatever, game is a game. Among all these furries, tentacles and futas, incest is almost vanilla:p

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Not really cultural. It was forbidden in ancient Rome as well as most of the other cultures since we started creating them as well as it was considered disgusting in a different mythologies. If something is considered to be something by many different cultures through out the ages it's not cultural but rather biological. The only cultural aspects you can see regarding incest are those that were used by nobility in many civilisations but that's a sociat invention and rarely had anything with feelings. People find it disgusting not because it's taboo but it's taboo because people find it disgusting. Our specie just works like that. I have nothing against incest games, tho they're not for me mostly, but it's weird how some fans try to fit their fetishes into reality.
I won't continue with this discussion to avoid the need for a mod intervention. I will just clarify this: What is considered disgusting is cultural no matter what. Incest is a taboo and it is cultural, not biological. The only biological reason to avoid incest is if in one particular case there is a known recessive disease or condition in that family.
It is not cultural if it turns the species existence or a individual life impossible. (incest is not a biological problem, homosexuality is.)

Last edited:

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Hey! I smell a poll. I believe the 2 greatest hits of 0.13 were D booting Lucas in the plums and D's orgasm. Which one was your fav? Mine was the kick (although the orgasm would win for story impact).
I'd pick the orgasm, I'm almost always with those who favor love instead of violence.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
There are other completed games. Lost heir. Corrupting the priestess. Labs rats. All those inceton games. Nikraria stuff. Play with us. Behind the dune. Overwhored. The guy that did let me in. Pretty sure snow daze will be completed too. Obviously akabur is a living legend on patron, and my favourite creator too, at least when it comes to work ethics. Daz games seem to have bad luck and a bad reputation, I'll give you that. But mrdots is professional af, and is planning way ahead and beyond patreon. Might be another success story. I hope so. We'll see.
Lab Rats is completed? I know Perverts of Action is one that I liked But it uses Adrift engine. That was complete. Will look into that one. I thought it was still in progress. Behind the Dune felt incomplete to be honest. Akabur is definitely one of my all time favorites not just for his Professionalism but also for his story telling. Snow daze not even remotely interested in it :D . Overwhored I heard about but never got around to it. Need to now. Lost Heir? No idea or Corrupting the Priestess.

But yes I do hope that DMD is another success story and does well. Most likely the reason for my rage is I fear DMD failing b/c of the latest update and hitting flat hard. We will see how the progress goes. Just hope that the features implemented in next update or 2 are in fact as solid as you say. But unless it's a separate build that has had work on it, most likely will not be implemented in the game. Features like that effect most of the story progress and flow does some serious stuff to the game code that can just as easily mess up and blow up in your face.

He maybe professional but the fact that he didn't fine tune Career Paths right off the bat and waited this long has me greatly concerned. Not easy to just simply plug something in and have it work.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Whatever, game is a game. Among all these furries, tentacles and futas, incest is almost vanilla:p
HAHA I hate to admit this but I am a huge fan of Futa's and semi okay with Tentacles. But not Furries. That needs to be destroyed as soon as possible. Wouldn't it be hilarious to have a "Futa" in the game. It would be a Hermaphrodite in real life. As extremely rare as that is, I would find it amusing to see in a game like this. Not that it has any place in the game but would be funny to see at some point :D .

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I won't continue with this discussion to avoid the need for a mod intervention. I will just clarify this: What is considered disgusting is cultural no matter what. Incest is a taboo and it is cultural, not biological. The only biological reason to avoid incest is if in one particular case there is a known recessive disease or condition in that family.
It is not cultural if it turns the species existence or a individual life impossible. (incest is not a biological problem, homosexuality is.)
It can't be cultural if it was considered taboo before society become a thing in different world regions (it's already in various myths). And even without any known recessive disease or condition inbreeding is really bad for us. That's a biological common knowledge. Incest is just not a thing for our specie. But I guess we won't agree so you're right it's pointless to argue anymore.

HAHA I hate to admit this but I am a huge fan of Futa's and semi okay with Tentacles. But not Furries. That needs to be destroyed as soon as possible. Wouldn't it be hilarious to have a "Futa" in the game. It would be a Hermaphrodite in real life. As extremely rare as that is, I would find it amusing to see in a game like this. Not that it has any place in the game but would be funny to see at some point :D .
So we found our common ground as I like furries and I'm semi okay with tentacles as well. Mrdots would impress me if he would make D lose her virginity to a new character who happens to be furry futa with tentacles:eek: He would be a legend

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
That's delusional thinking. In real life there is no temptation even with a knockout daughter (which happens to have to similiar mental issues). It is a sexual disorder. Moreover F would be socially on similiar level as pedophile if it was leaked. I wouldn't wish anyone father like that.
It seems you live in a reality of your own, in an utopian world. In real life lots of fathers call "lifeline" like phone services because they're in love with their teen daughters and they don't know what to do. I know it because my sister worked in one of those phone services and she was shocked by the amount of people in this situation.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
So we found our common ground as I like furries and I'm semi okay with tentacles as well. Mrdots would impress me if he would make D lose her virginity to a new character who happens to be furry futa with tentacles:eek: He would be a legend
That would be freaking hilarious and totally in there. Not a fan of Furries but appreciate good art combo such as that. :D D losing her Virginity to such a monster would just be priceless.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Where was the hint a BJ was in the works?

counting the amount of render and dialogue screens, how, was this short? I think if you count those up, it was in the upper 1/2 to 1/4 of releases in size.
Amount of renders and dialogue screens doesn't necessarily translate into story progression.
In earlier updates, there were large segments containing dialogs between Lucas and his brother which I just clicked through. I did not feel that those contributed anything to the game and all that effort by developer could have been used more efficiently.
People are here mostly for daughter as Mr Dots does very good job with rendering. Story, not so much. It has been ridden with inconsistencies and hard to believe decisions for quite some time now.

Reactions: volto

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
It can't be cultural if it was considered taboo before society become a thing in different world regions (it's already in various myths). And even without any known recessive disease or condition inbreeding is really bad for us. That's a biological common knowledge. Incest is just not a thing for our specie. But I guess we won't agree so you're right it's pointless to argue anymore.

Freud would say:
Problem is, our species committed incest before it started developing societies. Incest is not "naturally" repulsive to our species because, millions of years ago, homo sapiens (i.e. us) committed incest. It become repulsive only when societies were formed - or, to say it better, societies were born precisely through that taboo, since they required outbreeding. Nowadays all humans are part of a society, so the incest taboo is found everywhere, but that was not always the case. Our specie became "naturally cultured" over time, and obviously that makes distinctions between culture and nature really hard to make. You might say that the incest taboo is the "natural requirement of culture", so in a way it is part of culture since it founds it and defines it, but on the other hand it is natural since, as you said, ALL cultures implemented it "instinctively" and today form the common ground of our specie. So the whole question is: is our culture natural? Did we naturally evolve into culture? But if that's the case, then what's the difference between culture and nature?

I will get banned for this.

3.80 star(s) 321 Votes