Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
salut ou ta trouver sa il n'est pas dans le jeux
C'est une image de prévisualisation pour les patrons. Il est disponible dans le site Patreon de Dating My Daughter.
It is a preview picture for patreons. It is available in DMD's patreon site.

Cheryl

Aug 4, 2017
Visuals are more about lighting and realistic graphics than detail. That first impression trumps all else.

Dreams of Desire may well have better artwork. But I prefer the brighter lighting of DMD. Also the story and characters of DoD are meh. The magnificient D is the "magic" magnet that so attracts so many.
There is a caring relationship in DMD and an innocence that Daddy wants to protect as well as love and natural sexual lust that is building between them.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
That is just a scene in DAZ as far as i can tell. I think i have seen it before. The poses are most definitely standard DAZ poses

Caranthir

Jul 14, 2017
I'm assuming your limiting your discussion to western VNs because Japanese ones blow these out of the water.
Sorry for the off-topic, but would you mind sharing a few titles then? Preferably VN that also have a Mac-version :angel:

[/off-topic]

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Visuals are more about lighting and realistic graphics than detail. That first impression trumps all else.

Dreams of Desire may well have better artwork. But I prefer the brighter lighting of DMD. Also the story and characters of DoD are meh. The magnificient D is the "magic" magnet that so attracts so many.
I agree that Daughter is the "it" factor that has players the most captivated. I think there are a number of reasons for this - not least of which is her character's built in brakes to fast physical progression - and her related vulnerabilities. Find below a Patreon post I made back in May. I do feel both Elena and Georgina need, in their own way, those two elements (1-the "giftness" of opening up to the party in new and vulnerable sexual ways; and 2-the revealing and confession of emotional vulnerabilities)

--------

Two Postings from 29 May 2017 fromJeff Steel

--------

From the YouTube series "School of Life"
Emotional Pleasure in a Sexual Relationship:

"An important truth about sex: What is often most enjoyable about sex is not the physical process itself, so much as the idea of acceptance that underpins the act. The notion that another person likes us enough to accept us in output most raw and vulnerable state, and is, in our name, willing to lose control and surrender aspects of everyday dignity. It is this concept, far more than the deft touching of skin, that is what contributes to the dominant share of our pleasure. As we undress someone for the first time, or heed their requests to call them the very rudest words we know."

In essence, it is the acceptance of the other person - of us as a sexual partner, and then their acceptance of our various sexual related requests, that brings us emotional pleasure more than the actual sexual act.

In DMD, the slow acceptance of by D of F's advances is what draws us along. It is the acceptance of the kiss - followed by the French kiss - and so on the draws us on. It is why sexual intercourse is not the end, but it is D's acceptance of further sex acts in step-by-step stages that will continue to be the emotional driver of the chase after F achieves intercourse.

I recall a study of serotonin and persons receiving a college degree found that one's levels spiked right before one walked the graduation stage. Therefore, the act of receiving a degree spiked serotonin right before and at the moment of receiving the degree. Having the degree itself was not the catalyst - it was the act of receiving.

Therefore, it is the act of receiving acceptance from D at each stage that is key, and not the actual act. However, the act of acceptance by D can continue during the act. First intercourse itself can start with just a little, to deeper, to harder, to different unusual position - one act might have multiple acceptances during the same continuous act.

----------------

Also From the YouTube series "School of Life"
Attractiveness:

"What makes us attractive as a potential partner is the degree to which we can recognize our own failings. It's not that we should exhibit our own flaws, what is really sweet and charming - that is, powerfully reassuring - is weakness handled strongly. For example, it can be hugely seductive to drop inn with an air of confidence and wit: "You know, coming here to this date made me a bit nervous". That's a sign of both insight and strength. We're not actually being nervous, but are showing the vulnerability but have an overview on our anxieties and the capacity to handle them lightly. At the heart of seductive self-revelation is the idea: "I'm a touch crazy, of course, but very much sane enough to tell you about it in a modest and in-hysterical way." We have a good relationship with our own shadow side."

"The second hugely seductive move is to signal that we view the other person with a mixture of tenderness and realism. It's often imagined that it'll be seductive to convey an air of adoration, to hint that the other strikes us as exceptionally attractive or accomplished. But surprisingly, it is deeply worrying to be deeply adored, because everyone knows, from the inside, that they don't deserve intense acclaim. So seduction is a combination of showing you like the person a lot, yet you can see their frailty clearly enough that you can cope with them and forgivethem with gentle indulgence. We crave not admiration, but to be properly known and yet still liked and forgiven."

--------------

D and F have these two factors - vulnerability and acceptance - in Spades! I really think this is on reason why their relationship is so engaging. F has to deal with things like his pressing too fast and his anger; D has debilitating shyness and innocence. Both accept that in each other and stay in the relationship dance together.

Now look at the other characters and their relationships with each other and F. They are lacking admissions of weaknesses and, thus, are not in a position to give or take acceptance of weaknesses.

Elena - What is her weakness(es)? One, perhaps, is an inability to be vulnerable. Perhaps her being "slutty" is a crutch. Because she can't be vulnerable, she attracts others with sex instead. Ultimately, she might be intensely lonesome given her flaw. As such, imagine if F were able to get Elena over this issue (and others possible issues - such as possible daddy issues with her own doctor father), a relationship between Elena and F would be that much more attractive.

Jennifer - I'm not sure what flaw she has. I first thought she might be the one who ultimately wants to overly control in a relationship. Unlike Elena and D, Jennifer is so afraid of being hurt in a relationship that she always wants to be in control. This was my early imagining of her. After the interaction on Jennifer with Elena, since neither of them showed each other any significant vulnerabilities, I'm not sure where Jennifer stands. She needs something - but what.

Georgina - She also needs a vulnerability and needs to see F's vulnerability. After many years of work with F, she appears to be starting moves on F. Is that she previously was in a relationship that ended, with all the self doubt that follows a broken relationship? Or is it F just got out of one, and Georgina has been lonely for months or years and is nervous she will miss her chance to land F and end her loneliness. So full of pathos.

Perhaps the reason F/D relationship is so fantastic, and the other characters and their relationships are not at that level, is the presence and lack of vulnerabilities and acceptance.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I agree that Daughter is the "it" factor that has players the most captivated. I think there are a number of reasons for this - not least of which is her character's built in brakes to fast physical progression - and her related vulnerabilities. Find below a Patreon post I made back in May. I do feel both Elena and Georgina need, in their own way, those two elements (1-the "giftness" of opening up to the party in new and vulnerable sexual ways; and 2-the revealing and confession of emotional vulnerabilities)

--------

Two Postings from 29 May 2017 fromJeff Steel

--------

From the YouTube series "School of Life"
Emotional Pleasure in a Sexual Relationship:

"An important truth about sex: What is often most enjoyable about sex is not the physical process itself, so much as the idea of acceptance that underpins the act. The notion that another person likes us enough to accept us in output most raw and vulnerable state, and is, in our name, willing to lose control and surrender aspects of everyday dignity. It is this concept, far more than the deft touching of skin, that is what contributes to the dominant share of our pleasure. As we undress someone for the first time, or heed their requests to call them the very rudest words we know."

In essence, it is the acceptance of the other person - of us as a sexual partner, and then their acceptance of our various sexual related requests, that brings us emotional pleasure more than the actual sexual act.

In DMD, the slow acceptance of by D of F's advances is what draws us along. It is the acceptance of the kiss - followed by the French kiss - and so on the draws us on. It is why sexual intercourse is not the end, but it is D's acceptance of further sex acts in step-by-step stages that will continue to be the emotional driver of the chase after F achieves intercourse.

I recall a study of serotonin and persons receiving a college degree found that one's levels spiked right before one walked the graduation stage. Therefore, the act of receiving a degree spiked serotonin right before and at the moment of receiving the degree. Having the degree itself was not the catalyst - it was the act of receiving.

Therefore, it is the act of receiving acceptance from D at each stage that is key, and not the actual act. However, the act of acceptance by D can continue during the act. First intercourse itself can start with just a little, to deeper, to harder, to different unusual position - one act might have multiple acceptances during the same continuous act.

----------------

Also From the YouTube series "School of Life"
Attractiveness:

"What makes us attractive as a potential partner is the degree to which we can recognize our own failings. It's not that we should exhibit our own flaws, what is really sweet and charming - that is, powerfully reassuring - is weakness handled strongly. For example, it can be hugely seductive to drop inn with an air of confidence and wit: "You know, coming here to this date made me a bit nervous". That's a sign of both insight and strength. We're not actually being nervous, but are showing the vulnerability but have an overview on our anxieties and the capacity to handle them lightly. At the heart of seductive self-revelation is the idea: "I'm a touch crazy, of course, but very much sane enough to tell you about it in a modest and in-hysterical way." We have a good relationship with our own shadow side."

"The second hugely seductive move is to signal that we view the other person with a mixture of tenderness and realism. It's often imagined that it'll be seductive to convey an air of adoration, to hint that the other strikes us as exceptionally attractive or accomplished. But surprisingly, it is deeply worrying to be deeply adored, because everyone knows, from the inside, that they don't deserve intense acclaim. So seduction is a combination of showing you like the person a lot, yet you can see their frailty clearly enough that you can cope with them and forgivethem with gentle indulgence. We crave not admiration, but to be properly known and yet still liked and forgiven."

--------------

D and F have these two factors - vulnerability and acceptance - in Spades! I really think this is on reason why their relationship is so engaging. F has to deal with things like his pressing too fast and his anger; D has debilitating shyness and innocence. Both accept that in each other and stay in the relationship dance together.

Now look at the other characters and their relationships with each other and F. They are lacking admissions of weaknesses and, thus, are not in a position to give or take acceptance of weaknesses.

Elena - What is her weakness(es)? One, perhaps, is an inability to be vulnerable. Perhaps her being "slutty" is a crutch. Because she can't be vulnerable, she attracts others with sex instead. Ultimately, she might be intensely lonesome given her flaw. As such, imagine if F were able to get Elena over this issue (and others possible issues - such as possible daddy issues with her own doctor father), a relationship between Elena and F would be that much more attractive.

Jennifer - I'm not sure what flaw she has. I first thought she might be the one who ultimately wants to overly control in a relationship. Unlike Elena and D, Jennifer is so afraid of being hurt in a relationship that she always wants to be in control. This was my early imagining of her. After the interaction on Jennifer with Elena, since neither of them showed each other any significant vulnerabilities, I'm not sure where Jennifer stands. She needs something - but what.

Georgina - She also needs a vulnerability and needs to see F's vulnerability. After many years of work with F, she appears to be starting moves on F. Is that she previously was in a relationship that ended, with all the self doubt that follows a broken relationship? Or is it F just got out of one, and Georgina has been lonely for months or years and is nervous she will miss her chance to land F and end her loneliness. So full of pathos.

Perhaps the reason F/D relationship is so fantastic, and the other characters and their relationships are not at that level, is the presence and lack of vulnerabilities and acceptance.
After rereading that post, sometimes I come up with some great insights. Yes, I have a big egoee head sometimes.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
The biggest problem when someone comes up with insights like that is they only apply to certain people.

The one thing people seem to do with those insights is generalise but we all think and feel differently.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The biggest problem when someone comes up with insights like that is they only apply to certain people.

The one thing people seem to do with those insights is generalise but we all think and feel differently.
I take your point. Not talking about physical appearance, what in your mind makes Saughter more engaging than Elena and Georgina and what would you do to bring their characters more up to speed?

3.80 star(s) 320 Votes