• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Date with Rae [v1.0] [Zanith]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Nikbis

I have a hard time finding AVNs I enjoy if they doesn't take place in a Fantasy setting.

"Rae", Azraesha, took my heart. Her character in "A House in the Rift" won me over my own best judgment. And yes, I feel terrible about it.
    A fictional character. And yet here I am... Heartbroken?
    She easily climbed in my Top 3 favorite AVN characters. Disputing that poor throne with Lyriel, yet another character from the same novel.

All that will follow should be taken as my insights. A frustrated man caught up in his own mind.

To me, Rae is short in size, yet she impose herself with her careful speech and her sight. She does not need to look taller; she look right through you, she knows YOU.

In this dinner time, she looks too "tall". While all this time in the "Rift" she was... "accessible"? And she was, in many ways.
    Here, she is not anymore. She is ruthless.

You bring her, once again, in this foreign world she seems to adore.
    And she adores you too but...
    You make her laught, you make her love, you make her lust, in this one dinner, yet...
    In the end, she would
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    ???

It breaks character so hard I can't give more than 2*...
    I love Rae from the bottom of my heart, but not here.

Edit: Alright, this is why you don't write reviews when you're drunk af! I won't delete as I find it funny :LOL: I just change the rating, 2* was a bit rough.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Date with Rae is a date VN featuring the protagonist of A House in the Rift and best girl Rae.

I want to like this game, as Rae is probably my favorite VN love interest. She blends a certain level of mysterious stranger and wanton wench that's hard to find elsewhere. A Date with Rae nails her character with her witty banter and personality, so there's just more Rae here if that's what you're looking for.

As near as I can tell, choosing different appetizers, entrees, and deserts provides different scenes later in the dinner. Throughout these scenes, different responses to Rae's witty jousts will raise your humorous, erotic, and romantic scores which can lead to different endings though I couldn't figure out the requirements. While nothing novel or genre bending, it's fine as far as gameplay goes.

The visuals are fine, but not all there yet. There's a placeholder piece or two and Rae has one image for dinner with facial expressions and a few different hand positions. There are different images/animations for each ending, of which I found two. They look good, but I feel like the banter and atmosphere is a bigger draw than the visuals.

Overall, it's a decent short. A playthrough takes ten to fifteen minutes at most and is a reasonably good time. I'd like to see a little more attention to Rae's facial expressions, as there's a few paths in which she's very unemotive, and to know how many endings there are/what the requirements are. There's only content for three playthroughs and I'm not too interested in mix and matching to find out if getting high enough scores unlocks more endings if it doesn't. Anyway, the game is worth a play, but is quite short, for better or worse.