EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
titleorig.png

Overview:
Enter a new world and learn to survive in Prihaya.
Your journey will not be easy, young hero, but I have faith that you can save us all.

Darkstar is a visual novel with RPG backdrop. Within it you may forge ahead on the path of good or evil.
Should you choose the evil path, you can expect to corrupt and steal the hearts of others.
While on the good route, you must defend your comrades from the lull of pulsating sin.
See notes for more info (THE TOWER HAS BEEN CHANGED) HOTFIX REQUIRED EVEN FOR NEW LINKS.
Thread Updated: 2024-04-21
Release Date: 2024-04-20
Developer: Harold - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1a
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android(non-APK): - - - -

Patches:

1conquest3.png abase.png bbase.png flowers.png nightstalk10f.png librameet1.png tower.png wil10f.png wilcut2a.png wil7m.png 3.png Darkstar 4_21_2024 12_53_17 PM.png

Last edited:

caju

Oct 5, 2017
You can be male or female or good or evil or lesbian or straight.
I am shocked it isnt abandoned already
Oh wait, its only version 0.1
I guess we will have to wait for 3 or 4 more updates

• Thinking Face
Reactions: harold

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
You can be male or female or good or evil or lesbian or straight.
I am shocked it isnt abandoned already
Oh wait, its only version 0.1
I guess we will have to wait for 3 or 4 more updates
I plan on sticking around mate, out of sheer spite for this comment

But seriously, I get it, I've been burned aplenty with that too. Hopefully you come back after several updates and enjoy it!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
The name is stuck as MC even if you change it on female path, haven't tried male.
Found it! I must've flipped a switch for a test and didn't switch it back, I've updated the hotfix, please redownload using the same link and apply the new patch. This should fix it, but you'll need to start over

nsaiswatching

May 17, 2017
OK this tower section is pissing me off. Is there any way to skip it- or alternatively a step-by-step walkthrough? Fumbling around in a dark, intentionally labyrinthine maze in shitty first person view is not my idea of a fun time.

Edit: just saw you posted a map. It might be a good idea to make that more clear in the opening post by giving the map its own dedicated section- they way you have it set up now, it appears to be another hotfix patch, not the download file for a walkthrough.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
fck tower
even the map didn't help
please give me a save where this stage is passed
Future updates will allow a tower skip with a custom character,
best I can do on short notice is a save with a female mc named MC

This is the divergence point where you choose the path. It's still in the tower, but it's straightforward from this point.

Reactions: Anonymousthe22nd

nsaiswatching

May 17, 2017
A pretty good start! I have a couple comments. Some big plusses, some big minuses.

- The mind control scenes are written well, definitely want to see more of that in the future.
- CGs aren't outstanding, but are definitely higher quality than the usual anime 3d you see in some RPGmaker games. No complaints.
- Actually all the writing is good. Very good even. Definitely a higher level of quality than these types of mind control games usually get, I'm actually interested in the story and want to see more.
- The entire tower section is a claustrophobic waste of time- I understand wanting to go first person in order to make you feel like it's a scary, dark place that you shouldn't be in, but the puzzle solutions are way too obscure and involve a lot of stepping on switches that open doors way off on the other side of the tower, with no indication of what opened. I found myself going in circles trying to remember where certain doors even were. Either scrap the first floor entirely or pare it down a lot. Also, what the fuck do the orbs do? I just grabbed a random one and it worked, I have no idea what that puzzle was even supposed to be.
- I actually did like the monster chase sequence, but you could have made it a linear experience instead of another maze. That last part where you're weaving through the corridors was effective.
- I like the characterization of the main antagonist- hoping the MC can turn the tables on her at some point though.
- I felt there weren't enough sections where control is returned to you so you can save the game. Long scenes play out with no chance to save/load. This might be an engine limitation.

Overall, definitely some flaws that are going to bounce people off HARD. But if those can be ironed out, there's a solid little game in here that has the potential to grow into something great.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N1rox98 and harold

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I'm a bit confused by the patches. Will I need to download them if I download the currently uploaded version of the main game, or is it just for the people who downloaded the game before it got patched?

Also, is this gonna be one of those games where the good route doesn't let you use mind control, but the evil route railroads you into being a total asshole about it?

Reactions: harold

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
So I'm a bit confused by the patches. Will I need to download them if I download the currently uploaded version of the main game, or is it just for the people who downloaded the game before it got patched?

Also, is this gonna be one of those games where the good route doesn't let you use mind control, but the evil route railroads you into being a total asshole about it?
The hotfix patch is one hundred percent required no matter what, I'll update the main downloads with the patch when I get some other stuff fixed. The monster patch is optional.

You don't have to be a complete asshole in the evil route. You have the option of being an asshole or maintaining some level of decency.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
A pretty good start! I have a couple comments. Some big plusses, some big minuses.

- The mind control scenes are written well, definitely want to see more of that in the future.
- CGs aren't outstanding, but are definitely higher quality than the usual anime 3d you see in some RPGmaker games. No complaints.
- Actually all the writing is good. Very good even. Definitely a higher level of quality than these types of mind control games usually get, I'm actually interested in the story and want to see more.
- The entire tower section is a claustrophobic waste of time- I understand wanting to go first person in order to make you feel like it's a scary, dark place that you shouldn't be in, but the puzzle solutions are way too obscure and involve a lot of stepping on switches that open doors way off on the other side of the tower, with no indication of what opened. I found myself going in circles trying to remember where certain doors even were. Either scrap the first floor entirely or pare it down a lot. Also, what the fuck do the orbs do? I just grabbed a random one and it worked, I have no idea what that puzzle was even supposed to be.
- I actually did like the monster chase sequence, but you could have made it a linear experience instead of another maze. That last part where you're weaving through the corridors was effective.
- I like the characterization of the main antagonist- hoping the MC can turn the tables on her at some point though.
- I felt there weren't enough sections where control is returned to you so you can save the game. Long scenes play out with no chance to save/load. This might be an engine limitation.

Overall, definitely some flaws that are going to bounce people off HARD. But if those can be ironed out, there's a solid little game in here that has the potential to grow into something great.
I appreciate the feedback!

I can see why the tower section is a hard turnoff for so many players. Making approachable puzzles is tough. There are hints that I should have highlighted more. Merrin hands you 10 scraps of paper that serve as the basis for the orb puzzle, but even then it's a bit obtuse.

I'll add more save points in future updates for the story sections.

Really happy to hear about the positives, that keeps me going! I've spent nearly a year refining the plot with a friend, it's nice to hear that work paid off!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote