2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
cant use different save files, even if i completely delete the "Dark Siren" file in [C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\DarkSiren\Saved\SaveGames], it still has all the same things unlocked in the "Extra" tab when i boot the game? any idea why?

ThePainZero

Dec 9, 2018
save swapping tutorial,
for those who don't know, this developer has some sort of fallback save system perhaps an anti piracy/cheat measure? the game loads the last in game if something in the new save doesn't add up (like a drastic change in money) and reverts to the last confirmed save

to get the new save to stick you have to
1: place save in folder [C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\DarkSiren\Saved\SaveGames]
2: right click and open properties
3: set the file to read only and hit apply (keep the window open for now)
4: open the game and let it load the save
5: go back into file properties and uncheck the read only box and hit apply
6: get the game to save, updating the file, and the fallback (This can be done by playing the game briefly)
7: the save should be updated, and still be completed, if not retry and try earning some points in point collect mode, it SHOULD update it.

i don't understand it myself, the game likely has another save somewhere that also needs changed to bypass this method, as i'm not a tech wizard i don't know how to get around it in another way

This could be it. It worth a try.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes