Unity Dark Land Chronicle: The Fallen Elf [v0.113] [Winterfire Studio]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Anexia

Dec 31, 2018
Hmmn, tried two different links to download, both caught a virus by Windows Defender. Anyone else confirm?

user182737

Feb 6, 2021
Hmmn, tried two different links to download, both caught a virus by Windows Defender. Anyone else confirm?
Only the other 20 persons.

It`s a false alarm. The download is save.
The Uploader/ Link Provider/ Thread would have already been nuked by mods if it is unsafe.

Reactions: Anexia

user182737

Feb 6, 2021
Edit: woops forgot feedback about the bugs I found:
  • Randomly the camera during sex scenes would just go elsewhere.
  • Just as I was about to finish and just tried to see if there was anything I missed with the other routes, the same problem as the first thing happened but in the intro. I press new game and I see the first area "special" tree and can't move.
Can confirm i had the Second Bug to. Restarting the Game fixes it. On the top left a Red blinking "!" is visible during the bug.

To add to your Suggestions:
1. Make the H scenes replayable. A Gallery for this game is probably best, but if you could initiate it with the People ingame again I would personally like this better.
2. Please add an Autoplay button for sex scenes. I hate that i need to configure a Script to autoclick for me.
Most games that feature that have the auto button in the UI during the scenes.
And by the love of God, please add the auto button also to the Gallery, if implemented.

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
The game looks good, I have not read much of what the others in this thread have said, but here is my feedback and advice.

First, general advice which your team might be aware of but good to say anyway just in case.
  • Focus on what you want to make, both for the sake of understanding the subject but also so it does not become boring making it for years. Making stuff or removing stuff due to outside influence kills motivation.
  • Make a rough plan so you know if you are ahead or behind schedule, the time frame should be at most, monthly, and at the lowest yearly. Any lower and that and you run the risk of moving at a snail's pace (to possible feature creep) and any higher than monthly will cause unnecessary stress or rushed jobs.
  • Set features that are hard features and will show up (both so you can show them to us, but also to have a list for all team members) and then a loose list that can be added if time is there but not guaranteed. Early projects are all about planning and then sticking to them
  • Open up other ways to get money than just Patreon. SubscribeStar, itch.io, and any other site that allows beast and "weird" content should be added. Both as a way to reduce dependencies on one source and also to allow those that hate one platform to pick.
  • Do not have 2 versions of the game, one on a paid site and one here or somewhere. It pisses users off. Instead, have x-build come 1-4 months earlier depending on what lvl you pay. And have y-supporter build become free. (X = new, Y = old)
As for game-specific stuff:
Advice:
  • Plan major variables such as faction favor, hp, lewd, etc, and make a doc of them. These need to be added as early as possible into the game or have a high chance of making the code too spaghetti and causing issues later making a rewrite of the code mandatory.
  • Focus first on adding the core game, such as the already mentioned variables that will be used during the game, even stuff that is not yet out. The earlier you have the groundwork laid, the easier it will be later. Do not add stuff as you go, it will introduce excessive spaghetti code and cause bugs and other problems, worst case a rework of the entire code will be needed.
    • What are the core things here? Well, to me it seems like: Dialogue, Variables that can't be seen, Slavery, and Quests. So starting off I would say to focus on the village and make temporary (or not if you can figure out how) quests or actions that might show up later in the game but not present in the first village to play test. Here you add complex quests (or at least the code for it, the text can just be "test1, test2, etc") and test variables that might not be used until mid or late-game. And for slavery, since it seems the goblins are just next door, have all of the tests on them. Try to make the slavery system modular so all you need to do is some small name changes and it will work for bandits, orcs, etc.
  • I forgot some stuff I wanted to say, if I remember them I will come back.
Requests:
  • Make most quests solvable with lewds, if not all.
  • Prostitution
  • RNG camp lewds
  • Reactions to the state of your dress
  • Slavery (but if I understand right, that is something that is planned?)
  • Post slavery escape, i.e not game over from it
  • To keep monster/animal stuff even if Patreon comes breathing down your necks
  • Keep it grim dark, with gore (not excessive gore, but do not remove it 100%. I.e no guro levels, but a missing foot or a pool of blood is okay)
  • Better combat, maybe look into BG3/divinity or Pathfinders time manipulation where you can pause mid-combat but otherwise its real-time.
  • For now that is all I can come up with, anything else I would want you seem to already have in here or consider.
Edit: woops forgot feedback about the bugs I found:
  • Randomly the camera during sex scenes would just go elsewhere.
  • Just as I was about to finish and just tried to see if there was anything I missed with the other routes, the same problem as the first thing happened but in the intro. I press new game and I see the first area "special" tree and can't move.
Our team lacks experience in marketing and community engagement, so your suggestions regarding update frequency, sponsorship methods, and version merging are extremely helpful and constructive for us.

Regarding the game content, many of the directions you mentioned align with what our team intends to implement so there isn't much we can response. Here are some additional points I'd like to address:

NSFW Quests: This was lacking in initial version of our storyline, but after revisions, we've linked some quests with NSFW content. I'll be more careful in writing the storyline to avoid such problem in the future.

Prostitution: This could potentially be integrated with other systems. For example, someone suggested the ability to stay overnight at NPC homes, and I think integrating this into a comprehensive system would be great (but we need some time to plan it out).

NPC Reactions to Player Nudity: While not a priority system, it's definitely in our conceptualization. Currently, only the fake goblin killing quest involves clothing detection, but future systems may incorporate NPC reactions based on their lawfulness.

Slave System: This won't be a widespread system but will serve as the main content for the bandit storyline. The theme of slavery will be the main topic of the bandit areas.

Guro and Monsters: For Guro content, we plan to include a setting where players can freely choose whether to display it. As for monsters, we have no intention of avoiding them entirely at all...

Combat System: This is currently our most challenging aspect. Our short-term plan is only to add ranged attacks and items, while we'll continue to brainstorm ways to optimize it.

Regarding Bugs:

Stiffness after chopping wood: This is a known bug, but we're unsure of its triggers. We're still tracking it, and the current workaround is to click on the top left of the screen and switch to battle mode.

Camera error while having sex: Currently, the camera has various issues in sex mode, including incorrect positioning and occasional unresponsiveness in zooming. We're considering modifying the camera mechanism so players can freely zoom in anytime (whether movement will be possible is still undecided).

Thank you for your insights. If you're on Discord, feel free to tag me, and I'll ensure our development team pays special attention to your future feedback!

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
any thoughts of turning her into a dark elf if she has sex to many times
You may not get a dark elf, but you can get an elf with a lascivious face - in fact, this belongs to the state system design. This part we haven't planned very clearly yet, but we have a great chance to increase values such as hunger, sanity, purity, pregnancy, and semen contamination. Additionally, in designing the display of these values, the UI planning is a big challenge we've encountered, which may require us more time to reconsider the design of this section.
20240130161241.png

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
Imma keep this brief, i will point out interesting parts of the game imo
This game is interesting in a way that it's very unique

• World building given that this is very early in the development is really good and shows potential later on when those area gets realized, I loved the overall gritty and dark nature of the world and it's inhabitants.
  • The relationship/affiinity is pretty fun to interact with, i really like how you have options that that will affect the quest later on and having it that you can't just save scum your way in a conversation makes your decision more impactful.
  • The resource/crafting mechanics are intuitive, this is only the early version of the game so there's not a lot of options yet but it shows really good potential

But theres one thing i don't like... the combat, it's very basic... you only need to just press one button to attack an enemy, you can't really dodge since the enemies can hit you midst running away.

I've only encountered on bug/glitch in my playthrough, when doing randolf's quest during submitting the book, the book wouldn't be removed from my inventory and the submit option is still available, and thus the game will reward me infinitely with 50 gold everytime i submit him the book, giving an infinite gold exploit. For me the only way to break the loop and finish the quest is to read the book, which would ultimately ruin my relationship with randolf.

Overall the game looks very promising and i hope to see it grow in the future.
If i would want to add a feature it would be these:
  • minimap icons for notable places such as benches/fireplace
  • maybe a progression system ?
  • a Codex the would get updated as you encounter new knowledge
I believe resource crafting will be a major focus of the game in the future. We have not yet implemented everything - the player should have the ability to chop down dead trees and collect resources from them, and there could be more variety in cooking, for example. However, the foundation for these systems has been laid, so expanding them won't be difficult, it only requires time and more resources.

As for the combat system, I must admit that the current design is rather monotonous. Although the test version includes features like dodging, defense, and ranged attacks, we have temporarily removed them from the demo version due to unclear planning (and bugs; for instance, the heroine was able to enter the house by dodging through the wall).

The Lost Book quest: Congratulations, you are the first person (I've seen) to report this quest! This error will be fixed in the next version! :D

About the mini map icons: This has already been suggested, and I also hope to include icons for scene objects like trees and ore veins on the mini-map. Currently, due to limited resources, We only show the important objects (the icons you see are drawn by myself). The good news is that we've found a pixel artist to collaborate with, so hopefully, this aspect can be addressed in the future.

Progression System: Could you please provide more specific details?

In-game Wiki: This is a system the development team hadn't considered before; we had only thought about a sex diary. I like this idea, although it may incur additional costs. I sincerely hope we can incorporate it into the game!

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
I ran into a weird bug where the scholar guy would infinitely take his book back, giving me the reward every time but never actually completing the quest. For some reason, trying to enter the Red unavailable areas would start randomly warping me other places I'd been, and sometimes menus would like... become recursive I guess? Weird technical errors. It's also REALLY not clear what is and isn't implemented yet, and it would be great to be able to walk around using WASD instead of only point and click, as well as maybe some kind of dodge ability.
Otherwise, animation is great, the art style is genuinely unique, and if I could give any advice it's not to listen to the whiny fuckin' "this game too dark and grungy for me :(" crowd. Do whatever freak shit you want, get as twisted and kinky and whatever as you please. I'm not even that far out there, but if I don't like the nastier parts I can just avoid them.
...I'm eager to see how the Beast Ladies stuff plays out though. Love me some feral monster fuckin'.
Thank you for supporting the game!

The issue with the red area is clearly a bug I overlooked, as is the problem with the lost book quest. Regarding WASD movement, I'll add that in the next version, but the dodge feature will need some more testing time (we might prioritize adding archery functionality first).

As for the darkness of the game, I'm glad you enjoy it, and I hope to make it even darker in the future... Our bottom line is not to have the heroine be an amputee (someone on the development team has a fondness for the heroine, so we've avoided that option, but it may be presented with NPCs). Additionally, I believe you'll soon see Herta's storyline in the upcoming versions... Stay tuned!

Reactions: palichan and Kazaim

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
This such a gem thank you for this wonderful game love it

If I may give a small suggestion please if possible allow us to turn of umm fetish or maybe feature on some H features ? Example I don't really like pregnancy and as such want to turn it off but again if possible

Waiting patiently for next update !
I promise I'll keep an eye on that and see what I can do!

Last edited:
Reactions: xeint

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
Can confirm i had the Second Bug to. Restarting the Game fixes it. On the top left a Red blinking "!" is visible during the bug.

To add to your Suggestions:
1. Make the H scenes replayable. A Gallery for this game is probably best, but if you could initiate it with the People ingame again I would personally like this better.
2. Please add an Autoplay button for sex scenes. I hate that i need to configure a Script to autoclick for me.
Most games that feature that have the auto button in the UI during the scenes.
And by the love of God, please add the auto button also to the Gallery, if implemented.
Currently, there are other content additions planned for the game. As for the gallery feature, we will definitely add it, but I feel it will be included after three major updates (I'll see if it can be added sooner, but this requirement is considered a separate feature and will take more time. Right now, I want to focus on expanding the main storyline).

As for the Auto button, don't worry, I got your back!

evrandir

Mar 9, 2019
Do you already have a scene with the wolf monster?

Game 10/10 looking forward to seeing more monsters and content. :D

winterfirestudio

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2024
Bit odd. When I open the application, it goes through the watermarks just fine, but then can't do anything when it comes to the "Choose your settings" screen, and makes all the other applications on my computer start running like garbage.

Seems to be taking a lot of resources for some reason, on top of simply not being able to play. Between that and the virus warnings, if this is the kind of game that will only let you play if you take your firewall down, I'm pretty suspicious and you all should be too.

Wait for confirmation there's nothing "extra" in the download from someone reputable is my recommendation.
cant get past the settings menu. i'd love to find out how to fix this because this looks incredible. any thoughts?
is anyone else unable to get past the game setting screen? I can't click on anything
For those who are stuck on the settings page, please disable your touchscreen. Currently, the game is experiencing conflicts between mouse input and touchscreen functionality...!

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes