4.60 star(s) 19 Votes

sageeey

Jun 6, 2021
I really enjoyed this game, especially the winter setting, which reminded me of some of my memories from earlier years, the gentle and soothing BGM reinforced the sense of deja vu. From the end of the latest version, it seems that the main character's party will encounter quite a powerful villain, I will be interested to see how the dev tell the story in the future.GOOD LUCK!!!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: DiPeppo

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
I really enjoyed this game, especially the winter setting, which reminded me of some of my memories from earlier years, the gentle and soothing BGM reinforced the sense of deja vu. From the end of the latest version, it seems that the main character's party will encounter quite a powerful villain, I will be interested to see how the dev tell the story in the future.GOOD LUCK!!!
Aw, I'm glad that the game reminded you of something nice! I appreciate the kind words, and hope to deliver good stuff to you and everyone soon!

• Red Heart
Reactions: sageeey

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Random ahhhh entry I did for April contest. The initial idea was to have a costume that matches the palette of Fallout's costome (blue or some shit). It ended up looking a bit plain so I added some more parts in, two snorts of cocaine in and I realized I had turned the gal into a Cyberpunk typa girl. Said "screw it" and went with the flow.

Shoutout to Fouetty for the map, April and Sleep for the contest organization, Xoa for being sponsor, and also of course, Mei and Reddy for the Nuka Cola mod
:remilove:
Congrats Mei for winning too! All I have left to say is, "DEEZ".

1716149868490.png

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Bruh why this game forum number is so low! One of best honeyselect game with render quality and story wise... Hope to see the game in better stage...
Thank you so much! I think it really depends on folks’ tastes, I’m sure as hell proud of my game and grateful as well as happy that you love it. More recognition will come later, hopefully!

Reactions: weezal and slick97

Mark17

May 15, 2017
Bruh why this game forum number is so low! One of best honeyselect game with render quality and story wise... Hope to see the game in better stage...
Thank you so much! I think it really depends on folks’ tastes, I’m sure as hell proud of my game and grateful as well as happy that you love it. More recognition will come later, hopefully!
I'm gonna be honest on why the game is not more popular.
Is bc there is (at least for now) no sexual content. In the moment who began to show sex. More people is gonna play these game.

Last edited:

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
I'm gonna be honest on why these game is not more popular.
Is bc there is (at least for now) no sexual content. In the moment who began to show sex. More people is gonna play these game.
Harsh reality, innit? :BootyTime:

But really, I want to take my time and build up for those contents, and to have a good base with animating scenes first. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this on here but most of the times, I don't prefer the approach of inserting a scene in the first release "just because". I understand it's used to grab attention and to showcase animation and whatnot. But first, most of the times, the developer is not experienced enough to make a good animation in the first release, and it ended up looking wonky.

And second, the scenes usually feel out of the blue - most likely, it has no connection to the main story whatsoever. If we tackle games from that angle of having scenes, I can also ask if someone prefers scenes from earlier of the game or later in the game, many will say the later scenes - where you actually have a connection to the characters and develop some sorts of attachments and feelings for them. I want to go for that - I want to have a game where it rewards players for just being a bit patient.

Even if it means to have fewer support or to have the game not as well-known as I'd like it to be, I understand that and I'm okay with that. I can only appreciate the supports that I've had so far and have right now, and keep working on something that I love and share it with everyone! :lepew:

Mark17

May 15, 2017
I don't prefer the approach of inserting a scene in the first release "just because". I understand it's used to grab attention and to showcase animation and whatnot. But first, most of the times, the developer is not experienced enough to make a good animation in the first release, and it ended up looking wonky.
Always should make a good first impression, you make with me and many more. But you should look at this way, if you put in the 0.1 at least some tease, I don't know, an "Wardrobe malfunction" scene, or "oops wrong bathroom" scene, you game could attract attention. More would be talk about him. These are my two cents about.

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Always should make a good first impression, you make with me and many more. But you should look at this way, if you put in the 0.1 at least some tease, I don't know, an "Wardrobe malfunction" scene, or "oops wrong bathroom" scene, you game could attract attention. More would be talk about him. These are my two cents about.
Gotcha. I appreciate the thoughts and advice, thanks Mark. ;)

Reactions: Mark17

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I'm gonna be honest on why the game is not more popular.
Normally I'd agree... if it weren't for Oceanlab.

And second, the scenes usually feel out of the blue - most likely, it has no connection to the main story whatsoever. If we tackle games from that angle of having scenes, I can also ask if someone prefers scenes from earlier of the game or later in the game, many will say the later scenes - where you actually have a connection to the characters and develop some sorts of attachments and feelings for them. I want to go for that - I want to have a game where it rewards players for just being a bit patient.
The first sentence is the case for even some of the top rated AVNs on f95. Some devs are much better at transitioning into sex scenes, but the only type of storytelling where this truly shines are in kinetic novels.

There are a few other issues which affect the quality of sex scenes, but the prominent ones are due to scope creep (e.g. an LI intorduced every chapter), and plot branching. Imagine trying to juggle 10 different characters while also taking into account choices which could results in some of them having sex scenes and avoiding others. The only dev I've seen accomplish this (AlterWorlds) took 2 years just to release the last chapter for 11 different endings, and the overall length of the story spans a very short passage of time.

That previous paragraph kinda went off-topic... but I'm all for your current approach of taking things slow and developing the foundation for sex/lewd scenes rather than arbitrarily throwing them in. It increases the impact on the audience when we finally do get to experience a sex scene with one of the LIs.

• Red Heart

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Normally I'd agree... if it weren't for Oceanlab.

The first sentence is the case for even some of the top rated AVNs on f95. Some devs are much better at transitioning into sex scenes, but the only type of storytelling where this truly shines are in kinetic novels.

There are a few other issues which affect the quality of sex scenes, but the prominent ones are due to scope creep (e.g. an LI intorduced every chapter), and plot branching. Imagine trying to juggle 10 different characters while also taking into account choices which could results in some of them having sex scenes and avoiding others. The only dev I've seen accomplish this (AlterWorlds) took 2 years just to release the last chapter for 11 different endings, and the overall length of the story spans a very short passage of time.

That previous paragraph kinda went off-topic... but I'm all for your current approach of taking things slow and developing the foundation for sex/lewd scenes rather than arbitrarily throwing them in. It increases the impact on the audience when we finally do get to experience a sex scene with one of the LIs.
I gotchu, fam.

booba.gif

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: slick97

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Harsh reality, innit? :BootyTime:

But really, I want to take my time and build up for those contents, and to have a good base with animating scenes first. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this on here but most of the times, I don't prefer the approach of inserting a scene in the first release "just because". I understand it's used to grab attention and to showcase animation and whatnot. But first, most of the times, the developer is not experienced enough to make a good animation in the first release, and it ended up looking wonky.

Even if it means to have fewer support or to have the game not as well-known as I'd like it to be, I understand that and I'm okay with that. I can only appreciate the supports that I've had so far and have right now, and keep working on something that I love and share it with everyone! :lepew:
I wouldn't go so far as to say most devs are bad at animation in the first release. It all depends on the dev. I've seen quite a few that got it right right out the park, others that got better with time. Here's the thing though, waiting a while to put your first animations out there doesn't guarantee you will be better at it. Ultimately, it's your fans who will decide and give you the feedback to improve.

Personally, I wouldn't want to wait 5 or 6 chapters/updates to discover that a dev doesn't know how to do animations or doesn't put care to put much effort into the sex scenes. That's more likely to get me to drop the game as opposed to a rough first start. Others may disagree of course.

I've said it before, I'm really interested in the characters and story so far and I really like the renders and the use of colours (visually this game stands out). I'm constantly checking on this game. I am concerned about when the lewd content will drop and how it good it will be.

Ultimately it's your game, your choice and you obviously have some support. However, yeah, more lewd content will get more fans (it is an avn after all lol).

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
I wouldn't go so far as to say most devs are bad at animation in the first release. It all depends on the dev. I've seen quite a few that got it right right out the park, others that got better with time. Here's the thing though, waiting a while to put your first animations out there doesn't guarantee you will be better at it. Ultimately, it's your fans who will decide and give you the feedback to improve.

Personally, I wouldn't want to wait 5 or 6 chapters/updates to discover that a dev doesn't know how to do animations or doesn't put care to put much effort into the sex scenes. That's more likely to get me to drop the game as opposed to a rough first start. Others may disagree of course.

I've said it before, I'm really interested in the characters and story so far and I really like the renders and the use of colours (visually this game stands out). I'm constantly checking on this game. I am concerned about when the lewd content will drop and how it good it will be.

Ultimately it's your game, your choice and you obviously have some support. However, yeah, more lewd content will get more fans (it is an avn after all lol).
For sure. Just to be sure, I was not tryna trash anyone. What I was tryna to say is that for many developers, their animations later on in their games can be much better than the first release. Bad becomes good, good becomes better, great becomes greater. It's important to note that animation is a whole different game than rendering, because there are just so many moving parts that you have to learn; and it's not something that many people pay attention to when they first get to develop a game. You have writing, you have Ren'py, you have UI, you have rendering, etc. Render alone is already hard - animating something to make it good is a whole different level. That's why I say people can become "lacking" in the animation department, because few people open up Honey Select program or DAZ with the very first intention to animate: they will try to render first. That, of course, is even behind writing, at least for me - but I know there are cases where people headbutt into DAZ/HS2 first before even writing something, and it's not rare. We also have the realm where some developers tend to rework the first few animations as well - I'm aware of that because I virtually did the same but for renders :HideThePain: But anyway, yes, I agree that there are some developers that got animations right at the first release - I just did not think that I would be among that very minority of developers, so I chose a safer way to deliver higher quality in the later updates and not the first update.

As for your concern, don't worry. There's a reason why the update is a bit delayed than expected. One third is because I've been busy with my studies, one third is because I've worked on the Blender episode (the extra 1), and then the other third is that, I've been constantly practicing with animations for a few months and then also finding animators as well (found, of course). We will get some more animations in the upcoming chapter (more and better than what we've seen in the most recent chapter that is, lol). Lewd or not, I won't be spoiling it.

Thanks again for your interest, and hopefully you stick around for the future updates!

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
For sure. Just to be sure, I was not tryna trash anyone. What I was tryna to say is that for many developers, their animations later on in their games can be much better than the first release. Bad becomes good, good becomes better, great becomes greater. It's important to note that animation is a whole different game than rendering, because there are just so many moving parts that you have to learn; and it's not something that many people pay attention to when they first get to develop a game. You have writing, you have Ren'py, you have UI, you have rendering, etc. Render alone is already hard - animating something to make it good is a whole different level. That's why I say people can become "lacking" in the animation department, because few people open up Honey Select program or DAZ with the very first intention to animate: they will try to render first. That, of course, is even behind writing, at least for me - but I know there are cases where people headbutt into DAZ/HS2 first before even writing something, and it's not rare. We also have the realm where some developers tend to rework the first few animations as well - I'm aware of that because I virtually did the same but for renders :HideThePain: But anyway, yes, I agree that there are some developers that got animations right at the first release - I just did not think that I would be among that very minority of developers, so I chose a safer way to deliver higher quality in the later updates and not the first update.

As for your concern, don't worry. There's a reason why the update is a bit delayed than expected. One third is because I've been busy with my studies, one third is because I've worked on the Blender episode (the extra 1), and then the other third is that, I've been constantly practicing with animations for a few months and then also finding animators as well (found, of course). We will get some more animations in the upcoming chapter (more and better than what we've seen in the most recent chapter that is, lol). Lewd or not, I won't be spoiling it.

Thanks again for your interest, and hopefully you stick around for the future updates!
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but you're 1 of 2 devs I've actually went through with supporting on Patreon. Normally I'd make a joke, but in all seriousness I find it difficult to trust a majority of developers in any genre due to how many games are abandoned for any number of reasons (i.e. lack of funding, loss of interest, scamming, etc.). So, what I'm trying to say here is: you've done several things right in gaining enough trust :)

As for animations... There are learning curves, and then there is the learning cliff that is animating. I've tried my hand at using Blender only to feel like I'm staring at some kind of alien tech. Seriously, even the tutorials make me feel dumb despite having a B.A. in Mechanical Engineering. Any dev who manages to make them look somewhat good are real life magicians in my book.

• Red Heart
4.60 star(s) 19 Votes