VN Others Completed Cyanotype Daydream -The Girl Who Dreamed the World- [Final] [Laplacian]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

X_Machina

Jun 17, 2020
Man, I remember playing this VN when it first came out. It was certainly quite the journey. Would recommend for anyone who's looking for a good tragedy story to read.

urvdizhabibpvkehmd

Oct 2, 2020
Does the Steam version not have lewds? Is the restoration patch done by the dev team or did some outside sources restore them? Cuz any Japanese dev that forgoes the lewds in their r18 game can get fucked when bringing it over if they're not going to give a patch
This is a community effort to restore the game to pre-steam state but in English, the Steam version had removed any R18 content and changed the setting away from school context in order to have an easier time with Steam's approval process.

The devs also decided to completely stop with R18 games mid-localization, so the R18 parts were never considered for that. This is the last Laplacian R18 game, at least according to them.

Reactions: Surgy and KoroG90

KoroG90

Mar 26, 2018
Welp, I was going to buy it but I think I'll just download it from here instead.

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Ugh, why did they decide to force people to re-read already read text multiple times just to create atmosphere? This game mechanic is horrible with how slow and clunky "skipping" works. And just jumping sections kills any immersion whatsoever.

Not to mention a shit-ton of minor annoyances... Blur-cuts right in the middle of image pixels in the character's head area? No quicksave completion notifications? Small, unchangeable font for story text, despite constantly using a third of the message window for the game title? How Spencer suddenly switches to Spanish when the original intent was to show how "English" he was by using that language in the middle of a Japanese text (couldn't they just switch the text color/font or use old English for that or something)? The girl referring to a messaging app's "stamp" as an emoji when it should clearly be a instead?

Also, no official lewdies, which probably caused such artifacts as broken scripts/images or Shakespeare thinking about gravity during sex, even though it was coined by Newton like a century later? And microscopic controls while trying to embed "Tweet" right in the middle of the GUI? I'm definitely not going to buy this, even though I kind of liked the story.

On a side note, if you ever feel Shuho's " ," lapses of judgment about your self-worth, poor concentration/memory, withdrawal from social world, reduced sex drive, unexplainable irritability, and thoughts of death for prolonged periods of time, those are indicative symptoms of a major depressive disorder. The situation is often recoverable from if you reach out for a proper doctor, do minor sport-like activities, have regular fresh air/sun exposure, correct your diet and use individually prescribed antidepressants for at least a year.​

Last edited:

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
I don't know if they're all supposed to be the same girl in some way or if they just ran out of voice actresses.

Xseize

Mar 30, 2022
I played The Future Radio and The Artificial Pigeons and it was quite a ride i wonder if ill get the same with this one.

BrightNight77

May 15, 2020
Game doesnt start? I have the Japanese Locale Emu. When I run the cs2.exe, it asks for displaymode then nothing opens up

haruyu2

Dec 18, 2019
This was a fucking good read, definitely recommend. It's a slow burner, the 3 girls tied into one true ending and it's just such a heartbreaking story.
The true ending isn't even a happy one

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote