Others - Completed - Custom Order Maid 3D2 [AIO v5] [KISS]

1. 5.00 star(s)

starmaster29

This game is the definition of a slow burn. It takes days to figure out how to even correctly install all of the content available in this game. By the time you finish, you'll have around 200+ GB of base game and DLC and 45+ GB of mods if you opt for the popular modpack floating around. That's content from 8+ years of development, if you hook in the content from the original CM3D2 game (personalities, characters, story, etc).

Get past this ridiculous barrier to entry and you'll be left with more questions about how this game even works or what you're even trying to accomplish. Starting up the game takes about 5 minutes of loading time. You'll spend maybe a few hours figuring out the game after reading the threads here on F95zone, some wikis, maybe the custom maid discord. You'll question if it was worth spending the days it took to download, patch, and mod your 250+ GB behemoth of a game folder.

Then, it'll just click. You'll find and figure out how to activate the massive 500+ MB of pre-translated japanese-to-english text dialogue bank and the better auto-translator utilities out there for the dialogue that hasn't been translated yet. You'll learn how to comfortably control the game in VR, even with all of its weird POV quirks. You'll start to understand how this game works, what you can do, just how deep the rabbit[-girl] hole goes. You'll spend hours having fun customizing your maids, downloading clothing and body mods. You'll spend hours playing through the interesting story, rooting for your maids, and it'll hit you: this is possibly the deepest brothel-management-visual-novel-esque game ever made. Nothing else can top this. Nothing else offers this level of immersion coupled with this level of presentation, cohesion and depth, especially as VR titles go. There are storylines to experience, skills to unlock, facilities to build and upgrade, and characters to bond with.

I highly recommend this game. It's one of the greatest experiences ever made, especially in VR.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

PeacePeace

Wait, this game really has no reviews? Maybe I'm the only one who managed to install it.

I have never spent so long downloading parts of a game, not only here but through obscure text docs with long lists of links to dubious files. I navigated Japanese websites for patches & DLC. I cross-referenced multiple installation and modding guides to get everything installed and playable. I even custom-sculpted a 3D penis model using editing software, which I've never used before, to get shit looking right after all the effort I went through troubleshooting. I had to comb my installation files multiple times to locate conflict-causing issues.

But I did it. Everything works.

And the end result? Meeeehhh.

A 200GB folder of shame, that I can't bring myself to uninstall knowing what I went through to get it working.

As for the game... It's very Japanese. The UI translation is incredibly helpful. but the auto-translator is terrible. You won't understand a goddamn thing anyone's saying unless you understand Japanese, so get used to using your imagination.

The reason I say it's Japanese is that there's a heavy emphasis on idol culture and the idea of having a bunch of pretty girls working for you & calling you "master."

The main benefit of the game seems to be the extensive customization options, which are admittedly my favorite part. There's also a lot of sex with an absurd number of positions, but the actual corruption/development mechanics are fairly shallow and extremely, ridiculously grindy, though installing cheats will make that a non-issue.

As you have sex with girls you'll unlock various scenes, but this is where the translation becomes a problem. I have a vague idea of what's happening through tone of voice, context, and the few words I understand, but trying to read the auto-translation actually makes me more confused so I don't recommend it.

There are "maid battles," which are dumb and silly; you can make the girls do choreographed dances to J-pop, which is pretty funny but also dumb and silly. There's also a vacation mode which is meant to go with a VR headset, but I played it without one and it was... dumb and silly, but alright overall.

There are unique characters to recruit & unlock scenes for, but I really didn't care for them. A lot of the DLC scenes are NTR focused, but it's difficult to care given how all guys, including the MC, share the same character model. Even with mods, they'll all be clones of your character.

There are some cool things about the game, and it would be a lot better if I could understand Japanese, but if for whatever reason you aren't able to play it--don't worry, you really aren't missing much.

Final verdict:

Artificial Academy 2 was a lot more fun with a lot less bullshit to deal with. CM3D2 is 200GB of cosplay outfits. Pass.