• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Curse of the Succubus [v0.3] [Allard]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Harem Trooper

Its good honestly IMO. With 0.3 the dialogs improved by a lot which makes the story easier to follow. The waifus feel real as tho some of them are stereotypical, they are protrayed and shown as they are a part of this world which makes it more believable and not just some easy set-pieces for MC to fuck and dump. The Models are good for HS2 for what it can offer and if you into Harem + Succubus + Corruption you should try it out, at least until day 7 (which is not that long of play time ingame) to get a understanding what theme it follows.

I was surprised that the nsfw/sex scenes/facial expressions/poses were really, really well done in this version. To a point I needed to re-watch them a third time. (Rebecca phone sex scene :devilish:). The corruption is rather slow but its quality. I hope it continues on this path.

However its not perfect. And one think would be its lighting/shadowing. If you played some HS2 games you probably gonna know what I mean with this, and sadly this is the same in this case. The othe would be that there are no animations.
    On top of that there is no sound or music which would be a massive upgrade on this game. Another aspect which I should mention is that it reads more like a kinetic novel, where most choices you could make were some extra information but nothing crucial BUT it seems the MC will mostly have a path to choose how he "corrupts" them. Either in a loving way, or into a corrupting way. And I must say this one was kinda tricky for me to choose since some I prefered the "Loving" option (Elisabeth kiss scene) but the "corruption" option for Director (Nipple sucking).

IMO because of that its still a good game for me since it has covered what I want to see in this game, but also how its been implemented as so far.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Kmannnnn

Good first try for VN.
    + Good renders
    + Nice characters
    + Good base concept
    + A somewhat interesting power for the MC
    - Bad pacing. Thrown in the middle after a couple of clicks.
    - A bit rough writing, a proofreader is needed.

Over all a nice one for a quick read through. Keep up the good work !
    Looking forward to more updates!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Reviewing v0.3, i'm going to keep it short.

This game is terrible, we have an omniscient point of view, but MC has his own point of view, which makes things confusing.

The graphic is barely average HS2, something that anyone can achieve.

The Plot is weird but not fascinating, not to mention how slow it feels and how it's filled to the brim with overused clichés, it feels like the dev had a list to check and because of that most characters are boring and uninspired, having tropes isn't necessarily bad per se, just...they're used poorly here. On top of that MC is the classic unlikeable pervert with no restraint and constantly monologuing about how hot a girl is or how he looks constantly at the girls' boobs and ass. The girls instantly like MC the second they see him, aside Sarah who hates him for something that wasn't really his fault (classic trope of "i hate you now, because your dad took you away from me, even though you weren't allowed to choose, so instead of being happy for your return i'm going to hate you for a while until i admit that i missed you and then be on my knees and love you forever")

It's basically a kinetic novel but with fakes choices, a kinetic novel isn't bad, i've no idea why devs want to avoid getting that tag, if your game is good it'll be played and people will subscribe regardless.

Slightly related to the fact that we've omniscient point of view, we also have narration, but not the good narration but literally having boxes of dialogues explaining what is happening on the scene even though the renders show clearly what is happening.

Some characters(specifically Raven) do a lot of mental gymnastics to uncover an issue, like when MC told her about his dreams and then he explains vaguely his first lewd dream since he arrived in town and Raven deduced with just one detail(the fact that MC's lewd dream involved someone giving him a blowjob) that she and MC shared the same lewd dream and something paranormal is happening in town.

I wish the dev the best...but i believe he started with the wrong foot and should revamp the entire game, maybe ask for some help or look for some writing-tips because he is mixing up several writing styles which creates one confusing mess.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

The story is to slow
    The power mc gets happens like almost in the half in the game
    And then when the game get's intresting it ends
    Renders are good
    No bugs

Would wait for few updates until mc can use his power to seduce woman
  5. 2.00 star(s)

honkyfifteen

Not really impressed with how this is designed currently. Its more of a kinetic novel right now, with hardly any choices and forced sex scenes. You can have a harem game and still let the player decide what they want to do or more specifically who they want to do.

Unless that changes, i dont think i will be interested in playing this again.