VN - Ren'Py - Culture Shock [Ch. 3 v0.1] [King of lust]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Rambling

Incomplete. I've only played the non-ntr path. The story is the pretty prototypical son incest story, but not bad. I really like the models. It feels like there are some loose threads developing where they started writing part of a story path and then abandoned it. Writing is generally solid, but not particularly remarkable. Still one of the games I'm most looking forward to for more development. Recommended.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

DarkKaiba666

This is an NTR game with some non-NTRish paths. Due to the fact it is at it's at heart an NTR game, I will review it as such:

Development 2/5
    This game has switched hands several times between different staff and development has suffered. To be honest, after all this time the story hasn't progressed as far as one would expect.(Sunnie's Corruption into Marcus's hands in beta and from what I know of Alpha is also really amazing though). The developers do their best and I applaud them, but I am making an honest review. Don't be disheartened and please continue on developers. I love your game.

Characters 4/5
    You have the hot mother, the hot sister, the cuck brother, and the "bully". You also have the bully's dad. Hohoho. The sister turns slutty and I have a feeling the mother has been slutty. I would like to see more development with the main character feeling helpless as he watches his sister/mother bang other men. Perhaps development with the girls, where they give him a pity handjob/footjob or something - after becoming super slutty(maybe while banging another guy)

Story 4/5
    Just because the story doesn't go anywhere yet(anywhere far) doesn't mean that it isn't there. There is a bunch of story to play through and many choices to make. The story is coherent, especially when you compare it to other hentai games out there xD.

Sex 4/5
    Not much......but it's getting there I'm sure. There is a nice dream lol. [UPDATE: as of ver 1.0 they added some hot scenes(and a niiice ntr scene) so it's progressing. +1 to category since latest update]

Graphics 7/5
    Amazing Art. Better than excellent. You will be hard pressed to find better.

Overall 4/5
    This is a must play game for NTR lovers. Even if you don't enjoy NTR, you should stay for the art. The developers keep on trucking, but development is slow. Way worth playing in my book, and I can't wait to see more.
    --Edited: As of May, Sex is 4/5. 5/5 will be reserved for when things really get crazy haha.--
  3. 2.00 star(s)

desmosome

NTR path review.

I duno if im playing it totally wrong, but the NTR in this game doesn't feel like NTR at all. At best, its netorase. Its actually just closer to voyeur beta lord that enjoys watching any girl getting it on with anyone. The way the game plays out is so weird, with all the stats and trying to figure out how to even get into a certain route or what the stats even mean. What happens if you have High corruption and positive love? High love and low MC confidence? Why is there corruption and slut stats? What's the difference? What's Marcus's Like stat? It doesn't seem to do shit. He will say a few things when u antagonize him, but the rest of the story goes along just the same. You still are "friends" with him. He gives you a ride. Etc.

So with the gameplay critique out of the way, let me get into the meat of the issue. The heart of NTR is in the MC having a platonic or sexual love relationship with the females and slowly getting it stripped away by the antagonists against his will. It doesn't work if he enjoys it and befriends the dudes. When it comes to mom/sis NTR, it doesn't work if there is no moral decay and slowly building resentment/disregard for the MC in the female family member's mind. If it was a wife/GF NTR, the simple fact of her cheating on you or getting stolen away can be considered NTR. For family members, you are not romantically involved so the NTR feelings can arise from the corruption and disregard for their motherly duties or the loving sister that looks up to you turning into a cockslut who thinks you are a loser. AND NO! It is not NTR just because the MC secretly have the hots for his sister and she dates another guy.

Also, the impact is only there if the relationship with the female family members are thoroughly explored in the first act. Otherwise, everything that is happening is pretty much just normal. This game totally fails to properly set up the characters so that NTR can have any impact at all. Why would you care if your sis gives a BJ to some cool dude? Sure, you might not like it if the guy is a massive asshole or something, but that is nothing close to NTR. Its just normal family dynamics.

The good news is that its possible to right this ship if the dev studies how NTR stories should develop (hint: japanese NTR), but I don't have high hopes for it. The pacing is all wrong and the nonexistence of the first act totally hampers attachment to the characters. I got to the part where you go to the gym with sis and Marcus and lost all interest at the way the story was developing.

Maybe the confidence/domination path might play slightly better. However, if you look a few reviews down another guy played that and found it lackluster, wondering if NTR path was done correctly. So it seems like this game is an amalgamation of 2 lackluster paths.

Now I'm not saying everything is bad. The models are good. Renders are decent. The writing, in terms of dialogue, is quite natural. However, I tend to rate games here based very heavily around what its trying to accomplish and whether they succeed in that avenue or not.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

whysoserious222

Average game.

+ some renders
    + Mom and sis

- Marcus is pissing me off (even on non-NTR path), I expect that choosing a "fuck off" option at the beginning of the game actually means something, why do I have to "fight" him throughout the game?
    - school - why did dev focus on something so boring? if you HAVE to implement school in this game, just show us a screen that school passed without anything noteworthy so we can skip to evening's interesting things
    - MC's model - I'd rather not see MC's model at all than see this one that dev chose, Dev, 1st person camera is sometimes useful
    - a lot of meaningless text
    - wrong names on some text
    - not a lot content really, even though it's in 0.95 now
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 997153

Review of version 0.9.5 ALPHA PATH ONLY

Let me reiterate, this review is for the ALPHA, NON-NTR path only!

This game is a mixed-bag. It has great models (with the exception of Liza/Aunt's haircut) and a strong narrative start. But by the time the MC starts college, it degenerates into a boring exercise and cringy dialogue.

Briefly, the MC's family moves from Virginia to Hawaii to live near the MC's aunt, who is some sort of hot shit elite in town. The MC begins college and has the choice to become a pussy-slaying ALPHA who plows all the ass he meets (including his family), a submissive BETA cuck who pimps out his family as cum dumpsters for the local studs, or a diplomatic monogamist who pursues a romantic path with the woman of his choice.

The models are hot. The mom is top-shelf and looks gorgeous. The sister is also quite good and there are a few side characters who are also appealing. Renders are well done and generally, everything is well lit.

As the story begins, the dialogue is engaging and things are set-up well. The MC meets new friends, flirts with and corrupts his family members, and becomes bolder in his decisions. However, once he enrolls in classes and attends school, the narrative takes a quick nose dive. Most of the classroom discussions are boring, repetitive, and seem to focus on the logistics of getting from one place to another. There is a lot of exposition on seemingly irrelevant things (pool/beach rules, calculus, biology), none of which seems to set up anything down the line. Worse yet, there are actual quizzes featuring calculus, physics, and biology.

I've never understood this urge to put these sorts of tests into VNs as mini-games. If the test results drive outcomes in the narrative, then basing it on the player's subject knowledge makes no sense. It's the player's knowledge that drives the story then, not the MC's character. But each player has a different level of knowledge which has nothing to do with the MC's level of knowledge. It makes more sense to have the player's choices of the MC's action drive the results of the test. If the MC studies the night before, then he passes the test. If the MC jerks off on his mom as she sleeps instead of studying, then he fails the test. Basing narrative outcomes on whether or not the player remembers the equations for horizontal or vertical parabolas from senior year calc makes very little sense because that knowledge will change from player to player.

Moving along, the story becomes more convoluted and nonsensical. The aunt has mysterious connections, the mom has a strange job and gets promoted days after starting, and teasing/sexual encounters between the MC and his family just seem to happen without much building up to them in the narrative.

I'm not a fan of NTR or being cucked at all, so I didn't bother with that route. Perhaps that route has a stronger story. If so, then it's more evidence that these games that try to cater to both audiences are doomed to mediocrity because of the split in narrative focus.

In any event, I would like to give this story two stars. However, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for NTR fans, so I threw it an extra star.

Not recommended to NON-NTR fans
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Quantum Singularity

Great game, tho too many characters fuked up story bad.
    All other things...models, story, NPCs are great. Focus and plot around mom and son is great. But focusing on too many characters makes game somehow unplayable at some point u don't even know what u started with whom. It's ok to have aunt, 1 friend and yo family...but new chacarters just keep coming more and more and the old ones you don't even know the purpose of many of them. Mom is 1 of the top 5 ever. Plot as I said is beautiful especially option to let her go have her life but keep tracking her THIS IS 1 OF AN KIND AND PROBABLY THE BEST WAY THAT MANY GAMES ARE LACK OF THAT. For EPILOGUE:
    - good 3d models
    - mom is top 5 ever
    - son plot with family is A+ 5 stars
    - story is good and solid deep not great tho
    - too many characters fuked story and game
    - only 4 stars for long waiting
    - Xtmas episode is spoiler thing no need at all
    - lack of updates at shorter time
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Darkmetal

[Version 0.90 Windows]

Nice models, good renders, high production values.

When I play games with two paths, I always run two games side-by-side to see the differences. Unfortunately, this game falls into the (not uncommon) trap for NTR games where the behavior of the girls are radically and diametrically different between the two paths for little good reason.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you intend to play this game on the Beta (NTR) path, it's a recommend. If you intend playing on the Alpha path - I'd say skip. This is not the path where most of the Dev's focus and rendering resources have gone.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostman95

I'll be brief, I'm a big fan of NTR and a bigger fan of well constructed NTR. The scenarios painted here illustrate a hot story with a good pay off. I highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of NTR.

+Art
    +Character Build Up
    +Scenarios
    +Content Per Update (Huge)

-Pacing is slow in the beginning
    -Art inconsistent sometimes (Beginning)
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1070533

This is my personal experience with the game. Reviews can change later on.

Spoilers!

Pro:
    + Females are hot.

Con:
    - Unrealistic dialogue.. I mean come on.. There is a girl on the beach doing yoga. She looks like a top model and says stuff like "Nobody has ever commented about what I look like." Seriously? It seems like every man there is a predator and no one ever saw her?

- Then about the MC, his past is playing video games and being an unsocial loser. But everytime he sees his family, he's like "Ohhh, I want to see her naked!" Or he's suddenly super charismatic and can speak like a guy who does this for a living.. A day before he didn't even have friends at all.

- And the logic behind some of it is ridiculous.. At the party, if your sister kisses Marcus, the MC is like: "She kisses him, but turns me down all the time?" I mean what the fuck? You're her brother and she prefered to drink instead of kissing you.

- Bad re-used images. Especially the one where he's on his bed. If you use a picture over and over again.. At least make sure it's not garbage.

- Black people cliche... "That white bitch"... I'm tired of seeing this.

- And the worst of all.. The expressions. There is one image for several lines of dialogue with all types of moods.

Example: Your mother is yelling at you... She's still smiling from the nice stuff she said 6 lines ago.

Example2: Someone is talking, but their mouth hasn't open the entire time.

Example3: Marcus is about to kiss your sister and the dialogue says "He grabs her waist".. Two lines later they are still just facing each other.

And this type of "expression" is dragged through the entire game.

I'm sure I could've found a lot more but I stopped playing after the volleyball game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

eroticstag

This became one of my favourite game. The choices are amazing. I know how difficult it is to develope multiple choice in a game. Nice work guys.

I chose submissive route for MC. I am enjoying the pace of the game.
    I like my MC watching his crushes having pleasure. I hope there will be more voyeurism in submissive route in the future updates.
    I Loved the characters, the situation, graphics etc.
    Looking forward for the future update. :)(y)
  11. 3.00 star(s)

henrikad

great game

It has great renders, characters that are actually different from each other, including different body types, it has humour and sometimes moves in ways I didn't expect.

Great so far. Definitely better written than many, and the story has me intrigued for certain.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

zarif99

I really like the girls in this game.. well proportioned and realistic. The men are also drawn really hot. Both the MC and Marcus are meat hunks.. The girls are sexy af. However, I recommend using more sexual imagery as this is already .8 version.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Faining

I honestly thought i enjoyed NTR but i guess i don't the main character you play as seems horrible written but if you are big into seeing two women always go for someone else and always feel really distant to the protagonist this is the game for you
  14. 1.00 star(s)

-Loli-Ghost-

It's very heavy on NTR to the point where unless you like NTR you're not going to like this game incest does not exist in 0.71 why does it not exist you ask? - Because the MC you play as never get any with anyone (hand-jobs and blow-jods are weak sauce so they should not be counted) so you get pissed off that your MC is pretty much a loser and then you wish you could switch places with the black guy and play as him, have him as the MC
  15. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for (Ch. 2 v0.1 ) is:

Pros:
    + Nice Renders
    + Great Story
    + Decent Game Play
    + Hot Milf
    + Hot Dialog
    + Nice Animation
    Cons:
    - Updates too short
    - Not that much Ntr action

Loved the Game
    Lots of Potential here.
    Looking forward to more Action
  16. 5.00 star(s)

blowfun12

Great game.. this game is very much different from other developers. it has a nice story.,good decent models and great renders. but lets hope he adds a little more incest scenes in future. the ntr scenes are awesome never saw such scenes in any other games with such a reality.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

rgnar62

V0.2
    Good game so far! Remind me of "MOM OR SISTER"! Very interresting the fact that we can follow 3 routes depending on our desires.
    Pretty good models even if the game is buggy, still better than the RPGM version ;)
  18. C
    5.00 star(s)

cuck4life

version 0.2
    I must say,im impressed by this game. This is simply awesome for NTR fans like me. Renders are so hot,i like the mother and aunt .btw you can pick a non ntr options (why? :D). Keep it comin harish. Hope you will add more scenes with mother and aunt. Can't wait for it to fully develop.

renders 9/10
    story 8/10
    characters 10/10
  19. 5.00 star(s)

wickTHEpsyc

this game is so good. story wise the character development is litte faster , the contents are good. the renderes are also decent.
    The game rocks still in the starting stage.so you can expect only little contents. there are also many routes. For NTR fans they are going to like it. for others it is upto the dev to add plots.
    I rate
    gameplay:4,.5
    renderes:4.5
    story:5
    still I gave a rating of 5 coz i love thsi game