4.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Ryulong Drago

Aug 2, 2017
Threads like these really help me put things in perspective. Games with high quality stories with "evil" protagonists are very scarce and I feel like I've found an oasis in a desert every time I find such a game. But then I get to read the complaints of people wanting sweet meaningful romance in their evil game and who hate group sex in their harem game and it's starting to get clear why they are so rare in the first place. :confused:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Threads like these really help me put things in perspective. Games with high quality stories with "evil" protagonists are very scarce and I feel like I've found an oasis in a desert every time I find such a game. But then I get to read the complaints of people wanting sweet meaningful romance in their evil game and who hate group sex in their harem game and it's starting to get clear why they are so rare in the first place. :confused:
We'll explore dark depths of sexual fantasies without resorting to lazy clichés, one dimensional characters, or straight up rapist protagonist (although maybe some bitches will need to be punishment later in the story).
So, prepare for some twisted fun.

We plan to branch out to two paths which basically are choices to mellow down or push it further when story will start to branch out.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023
We'll explore dark depths of sexual fantasies without resorting to lazy clichés, one dimensional characters, or straight up rapist protagonist (although maybe some bitches will need to be punishment later in the story).
So, prepare for some twisted fun.

We plan to branch out to two paths which basically are choices to mellow down or push it further when story will start to branch out.
The thing I find most often weakens evil paths is a lack of complex personality and relationship. The ability to further manipulate and emotionally dominate the girls to twisted versions of themselves.

Ryulong Drago

Aug 2, 2017
The thing I find most often weakens evil paths is a lack of complex personality and relationship. The ability to further manipulate and emotionally dominate the girls to twisted versions of themselves.
I think I know what you mean. Are the characters still going to be interesting once you corrupt them? I did get the impression that the plan so far is to corrupt, drain mana and then discard and move on.

Reactions: Fantasyerotica1234
Nov 28, 2023
I think I know what you mean. Are the characters still going to be interesting once you corrupt them? I did get the impression that the plan so far is to corrupt, drain mana and then discard and move on.
Corruption should be another path of character development and relationship building

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
With respect, this is ain't about people wanting to ruin an evil protag game by inserting flowers and handholding and sweetness into it. This is a corruption game that markets itself as having two paths a lighter side and a darker side and it's up to the player to choose (which is typical of these kinds of games). So it's not wrong for those who are interested in the light side to want to see light sided content and lighter options nor is it wrong for you to want to see the dark side.

Imagine this, it's the first chapter of the corruption game and you start playing rubbing your hands at the chance to corrupt some bitches. However so far all you get is the option to kiss ladies on the back of their hands and the MC refuses to speak with them alone in a room for fear that it might slander their good name and standing in the community. You might be a bit concerned right? Ok then I think you can appreciate the opposite perspective.

It's just the first chapter and the Dev has stated that it will "...branch out to two paths which basically are choices to mellow down or push it further". So I guess later chapters will show how dark the dark paths will go and how light the light paths will go.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
With respect, this is ain't about people wanting to ruin an evil protag game by inserting flowers and handholding and sweetness into it. This is a corruption game that markets itself as having two paths a lighter side and a darker side and it's up to the player to choose (which is typical of these kinds of games). So it's not wrong for those who are interested in the light side to want to see light sided content and lighter options nor is it wrong for you to want to see the dark side.

Imagine this, it's the first chapter of the corruption game and you start playing rubbing your hands at the chance to corrupt some bitches. However so far all you get is the option to kiss ladies on the back of their hands and the MC refuses to speak with them alone in a room for fear that it might slander their good name and standing in the community. You might be a bit concerned right? Ok then I think you can appreciate the opposite perspective.

It's just the first chapter and the Dev has stated that it will "...branch out to two paths which basically are choices to mellow down or push it further". So I guess later chapters will show how dark the dark paths will go and how light the light paths will go.
The core of the game can be compared to being anchored by a tree trunk, symbolizing the central theme that supports the entire experience. As you play through the game, you'll find the atmosphere consistent, with branching paths that diverge like the branches of a tree. Each branch will offer its unique flair, but the fundamental structure will remain intact, rooted in its foundational trunk that persists for most of the game.

When I consider "Crown of Desire," I don't perceive the characters as evil. Instead, they're more like chaotic neutrals (like MC and Morrigan) who find themselves up against far worse individuals. This isn't a straightforward good versus evil theme, as you might find in something like "Lord of the Rings." Rather, it's more akin to "Game of Thrones," where the morality is ambiguous and the resulting complexity adds depth to the narrative.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
The core of the game can be compared to being anchored by a tree trunk, symbolizing the central theme that supports the entire experience. As you play through the game, you'll find the atmosphere consistent, with branching paths that diverge like the branches of a tree. Each branch will offer its unique flair, but the fundamental structure will remain intact, rooted in its foundational trunk that persists for most of the game.

When I consider "Crown of Desire," I don't perceive the characters as evil. Instead, they're more like chaotic neutrals (like MC and Morrigan) who find themselves up against far worse individuals. This isn't a straightforward good versus evil theme, as you might find in something like "Lord of the Rings." Rather, it's more akin to "Game of Thrones," where the morality is ambiguous and the resulting complexity adds depth to the narrative.
Thanks for the clarity on that.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Over the years, they have been betrayed, pursued, have survived only by chance, and have been accused of the worst crimes. They only had each other. Given these circumstances, it's understandable why they might not be in the most forgiving mood and being in destructive mindset.
Imo this info should have been portrayed somehow during the timeskip instead of me learning it from the F95zone thread. Genuinely, not trying to take a shot at you. Unless I just missed it or something then please let me know, but I had the same concerns as that guy after playing this. I found it a little jarring to just get an 8 year timeskip with no real idea of what happened during it. Maybe you plan to reveal that later, but at least a bit of context would be nice.

Reactions: AnonW123

Toksicz

Aug 21, 2019
Loved it alot. High quality just like your previous title but I am way into this premise more than Wicked Rogue. Good luck to the dev. Also Renpy finally.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Screenshot_1.png
(just some testing placeholder pic & text)

I have taken some of the feedback into account. Testing some new stuff. I'm introducing a new feature that allows you to select how you spent several years prior to the start of Chapter 1, right after the intro. This will provide additional backstory and gives extra experience points to your skills based on the choices you make.

Additionally, I'll be adding a new entry to the book counter, the "Morrigan Journal." This will offer insights from Morrigan's perspective, enriching the narrative further.

Probably be releasing a web version of the game soon too.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
View attachment 3618685

I have taken some of the feedback into account. Testing some new stuff. I'm introducing a new feature that allows you to select how you spent several years prior to the start of Chapter 1, right after the intro.
I'm among those who thought the somewhat abrupt change in mood after the intro was a bit jarring, so all this sounds like an excellent idea. And anything that adds to or explains the world and backstory is always welcome.

Reactions: AnonW123

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
View attachment 3618685

I have taken some of the feedback into account. Testing some new stuff. I'm introducing a new feature that allows you to select how you spent several years prior to the start of Chapter 1, right after the intro. This will provide additional backstory and gives extra experience points to your skills based on the choices you make.

Additionally, I'll be adding a new entry to the book counter, the "Morrigan Journal." This will offer insights from Morrigan's perspective, enriching the narrative further.

Probably be releasing a web version of the game soon too.
Sounds like a good idea. Good luck.(y)

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
I think as long as the character development is consistent then it will be a good game.

For e.g. to use Game of Thrones as an analogy since it was mentioned: If you choose a relatively lighter path, then the MC and princess ought to be like Tyrion Lannister. Generally someone who isn't beyond employing coercion, trickery and punishment to get what he wants to navigate the overall hostile environment, but yet would keep his worse impulses in check and even help others as long as it costs little / nothing.

Similarly if you choose a darker path, then the equivalent would be a Little Finger or Sam Bolton, a character who will do anything to get what he wants and sometimes also perversely harm people for the kick of it.

Regardless of paths, the operative word is consistency. What the characters do and say must make sense given the paths they are on. Too many games have incoherent characters that keep talking about being good, worried / in dilemma on doing bad things, then at the drop of a hat go ahead to do bad stuff. Similarly I've also seen MCs that start off like some evil guy out to corrupt and then halfway through to appease players who complain suddenly start to add in remorse, protective, romance elements etc.

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Solid start. I love Morrigan so much.

Only downside for me is the unability to change the MC's name, so I had to use URM to do that. Very annoying when I have to use that, but its the only way I would play this game, because I refuse to play any game where I can't use my name.

But besides that really enjoyable so far.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Crown of Desire - Release v0.1.1 (Public)

1715378199431.png

Hey everyone!
Following feedback on the sudden character transitions post-intro, I've introduced a brief segment providing additional context and backstory for Morrigan and Ryd. Simply select the choices that resonate with you, and your character's attributes will evolve accordingly to reflect these decisions.

Additionally, I removed the "observation" and "knowledge" skills, as they seemed to add unnecessary complexity to the game. Players who experienced version 0.1.0 don't need to be concerned; these skills have been consolidated into the "Insight" skill, which now encompasses the functions of both "observe" and "knowledge."

Simply return to your main base/room, and both the "adventure" window update and the skill fix will be applied automatically.

---------------------------------------------
Download Links:
/

---------------------------------------------

Crown of Desire v0.1.1 changelog

- Added the "adventure" window backstory, featuring choices that allow you to shape your character by selecting your past actions while you were in hiding with Princess Morrigan.

- Removed the "Knowledge" and "Observation" skills as they are now obsolete. All accumulated skill points from these categories have been transferred to the "Insight" skill, which functions similarly to the previous two.

- Added extra visibility of the highlight effect on the rug at the main base exit for the "Look" action and mouse hovering.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Solid start. I love Morrigan so much.

Only downside for me is the unability to change the MC's name, so I had to use URM to do that. Very annoying when I have to use that, but its the only way I would play this game, because I refuse to play any game where I can't use my name.

But besides that really enjoyable so far.
I'm likely to add that option. I've figured out a few things for future implementation, making the need to keep the name fixed less important now.

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes