harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
simple guide to the new relationship system.
as of v0.20 Shael and Laia are using the new relationship system. Over time all other characters will switch to this system as well.
here is how it works
shael.png
First. look at the stats on the right.
Relationship = The level of the relationship. this is a small integer number that is permanent. Raising it changes dialog and interactions.
Bond = % progress towards unlocking the ability to advance relationship level by +1. (which would reset bond to 0)
Arousal = % horni. necessary for her to consent to sex
Corruption = The level of mind control. this is a small integer number that is permanent. Raising it changes dialog and interactions.
Normalcy = % progress towards unlocking the ability to advance mind control level by +1. (which would reset normalcy to 0)
Control = % value. a currency you spend on mind control. easily lost and gained.
Mood = % value. a multiplier to your interaction gains with this character. Mood is easily lost and regained.

First and foremost, you want to always keep mood very high to minimize grind. I always raise it to 100 and keep it there. if mood is spent on sometime i raise it back. IIRC the multiplier is bracket based so if your mood is slightly under 100 it would still give you the full bonus.

Relationship:
max out mood with [cheer]. after every interaction check if mood dropped and fix it if it had.
then explore the interactions using [visit] (visit varies by location so check all the locations the char appears at).
also use [Talk] and [Hang] until you have seen all possibilities.
[flirt] and [tease] will unlock once relationship is 2 or higher. repeat until you have seen all possibilities. (unless you want to miss content / skip)

once you have seen all the dialog mentioned above for the current relationship level (or if you decide you are ok with skipping some) you can use [date] to raise relationship by +1.
this will replace the dialog for [visit], [talk], [hang], [flirt],[tease] with new dialog.
repeat the process until you have seen everything an reached max relationship.

Corruption (mind control):
shael2.png
max out mood with [cheer]. after every interaction check if mood dropped and fix it if it had.
use [observe] to gain +30 control (a currency used for mind control) if control is <70. recheck your control before every interaction.

click on the box that says [corruption] to the right of [interactions] to switch the interface to corruption actions.
[mesmerize] and [hallucinate] until you have seen all interactions
[conditioning] and [degenerate] will unlock at 2+ corruption. watch all scenes.
[visit] in various locations this char appears in to see any scenes available at current version.

once you have seen all scenes for current corruption level or decided to skip it you can use [reprogramming] to increase corruption by +1 a reset normalcy to 0.
doing so will replace all the dialog for [mesmerize], [hallucinate], [conditioning], [degenerate] and some other stuff might be affected too.
repeat the process until you have reached a level of mind control you are comfortable with.

Last edited:

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Crossworlds-0.20-pc community-hotfix1

fixes:
1. fixes an uncaught exception when shael's corruption is >=2
File "game/script/characters/shael/shael interacions.rpy", line 237 has a typo in a variable name. it uses the variable "ssha_cor_lvl" which should be sha_ not ssha_

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
Unofficial taboo patch.
Use at your own risk.

sha256sum CrossWorlds-ipatch.zip
624bb318c6ef5f8801f117f2a44c0063fc7454bf616f73f712c237dd31a10c9e
Just decided to try the game today and going for the patch, and looking at the code the Neighborf and Neighborm are labeled as sister and brother respectively but the Neighborau and Neighborun say aunt and uncle so should the neighbor f/m be cousin?

fixrapid

Mar 1, 2020
Just decided to try the game today and going for the patch, and looking at the code the Neighborf and Neighborm are labeled as sister and brother respectively but the Neighborau and Neighborun say aunt and uncle so should the neighbor f/m be cousin?
I think I haven't played this since v0.13.
In that version, those variables haven't been used, and all those relations I took from comments in its code (file names.rpy).

I'm going to check it out at the end of the week.

Walts25

Jan 12, 2018
hi there, this is not a combat game right? because for what i see in the game description and tags looks like a visual game

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
simple guide to the new relationship system.
as of v0.20 Shael and Laia are using the new relationship system. Over time all other characters will switch to this system as well.
here is how it works
View attachment 3568752
First. look at the stats on the right.
Relationship = The level of the relationship. this is a small integer number that is permanent. Raising it changes dialog and interactions.
Bond = % progress towards unlocking the ability to advance relationship level by +1. (which would reset bond to 0)
Arousal = % horni. necessary for her to consent to sex
Corruption = The level of mind control. this is a small integer number that is permanent. Raising it changes dialog and interactions.
Normalcy = % progress towards unlocking the ability to advance mind control level by +1. (which would reset normalcy to 0)
Control = % value. a currency you spend on mind control. easily lost and gained.
Mood = % value. a multiplier to your interaction gains with this character. Mood is easily lost and regained.

First and foremost, you want to always keep mood very high to minimize grind. I always raise it to 100 and keep it there. if mood is spent on sometime i raise it back. IIRC the multiplier is bracket based so if your mood is slightly under 100 it would still give you the full bonus.

Relationship:
then explore the interactions using [visit] (visit varies by location so check all the locations the char appears at).
also use [Talk] and [Hang] until you have seen all possibilities.
[flirt] and [tease] will unlock once relationship is 2 or higher. repeat until you have seen all possibilities. (unless you want to miss content / skip)

once you have seen all the dialog mentioned above for the current relationship level (or if you decide you are ok with skipping some) you can use [date] to raise relationship by +1.
this will replace the dialog for [visit], [talk], [hang], [flirt],[tease] with new dialog.
repeat the process until you have seen everything an reached max relationship.

Corruption (mind control):
View attachment 3568753
use [observe] to gain +30 control (a currency used for mind control) if control is <70. recheck your control before every interaction.

click on the box that says [corruption] to the right of [interactions] to switch the interface to corruption actions.
[mesmerize] and [hallucinate] until you have seen all interactions
[conditioning] and [degenerate] will unlock at 2+ corruption. watch all scenes.
[visit] in various locations this char appears in to see any scenes available at current version.

once you have seen all scenes for current corruption level or decided to skip it you can use [reprogramming] to increase corruption by +1 a reset normalcy to 0.
doing so will replace all the dialog for [mesmerize], [hallucinate], [conditioning], [degenerate] and some other stuff might be affected too.
repeat the process until you have reached a level of mind control you are comfortable with.
Wow this system is so counterintuitive, unnecessary complex and so much more grindy than the previous one.
I was able to up Aldit with the previous one in just couple of days (and couple of RT minutes), but with Laia and her being able to use it only once in couple of days, i am now at day 63 and just got her to level 1 (after like hour of real time).
I am playing the game for a first time and i was exited to try it, but now i am just forcing myself to get it through.
The new system should have been introduced to a different character, who you can interact more than once in couple of days and not to Laia, with whom you can, outside of BOND, interact like 2-3 times in a week.
Yeah im just looking at the corruption guide and have all corruption scenes under mesmerize and Hallucinate (both of them say i have completed it), but my corruption is still at level 0 so i cant use any other corruption, how do i upgrade it then?

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Wow this system is so counterintuitive, unnecessary complex and so much more grindy than the previous one.
I was able to up Aldit with the previous one in just couple of days (and couple of RT minutes), but with Laia and her being able to use it only once in couple of days, i am now at day 63 and just got her to level 1 (after like hour of real time).
I am playing the game for a first time and i was exited to try it, but now i am just forcing myself to get it through.
The new system should have been introduced to a different character, who you can interact more than once in couple of days and not to Laia, with whom you can, outside of BOND, interact like 2-3 times in a week.
Yeah im just looking at the corruption guide and have all corruption scenes under mesmerize and Hallucinate (both of them say i have completed it), but my corruption is still at level 0 so i cant use any other corruption, how do i upgrade it then?
It really needs a better explanation in game. And possibly an improved GUI.

The grindy part is happiness and control.
Those two mechanics really should just be removed as all they do is waste your time and your clicks to accrue then spend resources.
Once you understand those two mechanics though, then it isn't too time consuming (just annoyingly clicky). And in fact you never need to repeat a scene. progress per unique scene is plentiful.
A bigger concern is that you will miss out on content by progressing corruption or relationship before seeing all the dialog.

All of which is compounded by a second unrelated issue where laia is simply not available for interaction most days. You have to skip a ton of time just to find her.
Do not play whole days, skip time until you find laia. So it is really just wrist pain clicks to skip skip skip time until you get laia where you want her to, so you can make some progress with her.

ideally, dev should:
1. make laia available in more locations and time slots for interaction.
2. get rid of control and happiness.
3. make it clearer / safer which buttons lead to new scenes, and which buttons lead to permanently skipping dialog you have not seen yet.

Reactions: Tsusaku

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
It really needs a better explanation in game. And possibly an improved GUI.

The grindy part is happiness and control.
Those two mechanics really should just be removed as all they do is waste your time and your clicks to accrue then spend resources.
Once you understand those two mechanics though, then it isn't too time consuming (just annoyingly clicky). And in fact you never need to repeat a scene. progress per unique scene is plentiful.
A bigger concern is that you will miss out on content by progressing corruption or relationship before seeing all the dialog.

All of which is compounded by a second unrelated issue where laia is simply not available for interaction most days. You have to skip a ton of time just to find her.
Do not play whole days, skip time until you find laia. So it is really just wrist pain clicks to skip skip skip time until you get laia where you want her to, so you can make some progress with her.

ideally, dev should:
1. make laia available in more locations and time slots for interaction.
2. get rid of control and happiness.
3. make it clearer / safer which buttons lead to new scenes, and which buttons lead to permanently skipping dialog you have not seen yet.
Any chance you know how i up my corruption if i used all i am able, but still have 0 (all corruption scenes under mesmerize and Hallucinate say i have completed it, though unlike the scenes in relationship, it doesnt have the skip option) ? Does that mean its bugged, or use them more times even if they are completed, or did i forgot to do something?

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Any chance you know how i up my corruption if i used all i am able, but still have 0 (all corruption scenes under mesmerize and Hallucinate say i have completed it, though unlike the scenes in relationship, it doesnt have the skip option) ? Does that mean its bugged, or use them more times even if they are completed, or did i forgot to do something?
here

Reactions: Tsusaku
4.10 star(s) 19 Votes