• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Cross Realms [v0.1.2] [DuskDuck]

1. 5.00 star(s)

YourChair556

the graphics, this is basically a wallpaper wonderland if you enjoy cultivation themed settings, i've personally been reading isekai and cultivation/martial arts manga for like the past 2 months and i'm in love with this game, i can't wait for more content.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Giggling Raven

I really like the idea of a wuxia AVN since I've read dozens of novels and this AVN does a really good job at portraying the genre. I've read that it was done in Unreal before but I'm really glad it's been ported to Ren'py.

The story seems to be pretty good so far with very classic wuxia themes, although some very overpowered and flashy techniques have been shown from the start by low level disciples. The renders are also pretty good and the girls look great. Most typos have been fixed so it's a lot better and it reads pretty well now.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Saint McDaniels

Finally a cultivation AVN! There are some typos, but nothing major. The renders are definitely good, and the story has a good pacing. Definitely looking forward to the next updates! A must read especially if you like the genre!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Glad dev ported this one to renpy. Now it will get more attention. Loved the visuals. Cultivation story it's kinda rare here. I'm a fan cultivation manhua and manhwas. So I loved the plot. Loved the fight scenes wished there was more sound effects. Dev did a good job creating cultivation/wuxia setting. It's pleasant to the eyes. Fight scenes are chef kiss. MC is weak at start. Every great story start with a weaker MC then you what happens. Yeah it's cliche but I love this type of cliches. There are few typos other than writing is good. Sex scenes are forced though

Dev Liana is much better without the glasses her crimson eyes are alluring. When she level ups her cultivation rank don't make her cuter by making her young. She perfect like this. There is fair amount of content. Overall I enjoyed the game.

If you cultivation stories you will love this. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Gilber_bestram@176

It's rare to see wuxia/cultivation setting in visual novel, so it's good to see something new. I am also a big wuxia fan so it's a plus. Here are my opinion about the aspects of the game:
    Render: 9/10, very good, could use some animation for fight scene but I know it's hard to do.
    Story: 8/10, nothing breaking here, but the world building and story are good enough for me to stay engage and not skip the dialogue.
    Character: 8/10, MC is likeable enough, the LIs are diverse with their own interesting character.
    Overall I rate it 8/10, while there is still things to improve, I think the begining of the novel is good enough for me to vote 5 star
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

I like the premise of this story and the use of mythology in structuring what is essentially an isekai, but the translation issues are strikingly bad, with problematic use of tenses and agreement of verb and noun number, just to point out the most glaring challenges. I like the characters and their interactions, and the models are cute. This game shows a lot of promise, but it really needs a better translation or at least a good rewrite of the translation it has. If it did, I'd be giving it 5 stars.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Lasse.9

Story 4/5 : very promising.
    Renders 5/5: simply great looking.
    MC 1/5: he is a pathetic and creepy pussy.
    Characters 2/5: mostly boring and unoriginal, but there is one somewhat likable one.
    Choices 1/5 : severe lack of choices.

For the final score I have prioritized after what I personally find to be of the highest importance, which is: The MC and choices being of he highest importance. Followed them by other characters and story and lastly renders.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

AYangFarr

It looks like you still have a long way to go, and I am looking forward to your work.
    Character models and story I think are very good, you just lack development experience.
    In terms of scene background music details, as well as gameplay.
    The sense of experience is the way to 'take it to the next level', after all, games are meant to be played, and fun games are good games. ;)
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Jimmy_Jam

Actually a pretty decent VN, the story is really good so far but the English translation needs some work that's for sure. So far I am enjoying the characters but feels like we need to get a better feel for the MC as right now he just seems to be following what everyone else is doing.
    The only other con beyond the transactions I see is the jittery scenes (mainly the action scenes like tornado or fight scenes), its really tough to tell when a scene needs a manual click to advance or its a scene that auto advances a few renders. If that can be smoothed out it would really improve the feel.
    I am enjoying the dynamic between the MC and Lis so far and the couple scenes with them so far were decent but could deff be improved.
    For the first update it had a decent amount of content, I am deff looking forward to the next update hopefully they do not take too long.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

TL;DR: Fantastic art and interesting plot, but filled with clichés and common character archetypes, plus little control over the story and all the sex scenes are forced.

----

I'd say the renders are in the top tier of AVNs. Not only do they look good, the assets used are pretty unique. The whole game felt fresh to me, I don't think I recognise much from it, which is honestly great. Plus, the fighting scene from the prologue was pretty damn good, one of the best I've seen.

The English is a bit rough. A few misused words here and there. One very common one is "scene" which is used as a verb replacement for "show," which is wrong.

Aside from that there are a few more annoyances. The typical annoying tropes such as walking in on someone who's naked. I'm so tired of seeing that same scene already. We already know how it goes, avoid that shit cliché.

Another con is that it seems sex scenes will not be optional. The only two sexual encounters are blowjobs which you cannot turn down.

The potential is there. The art direction is some of the best I've seen and I don't think there are many cultivation AVNs so I really want this one to get better, but as it stands, it's filled with clichés and unavoidable scenes. Cut down on the clichés and give the player more control over the story and you'll get a great AVN. Unfortunately, the number of LIs seems to be huge, so I doubt we'll get much control, but we'll see, I guess.