Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

napala

Jun 12, 2017
Question: seeing how the Gallery is not a game itself, but it's part of one, should a request for the gallery be posted in "Game Requests" or "Animation Requests"? Or just here in this thread?

Phaze

Oct 7, 2017
i would say here, but its already been requested a number of times in this thread, with no luck

Saltshaker

Sep 8, 2017
I keep getting a virus warning with avast i cant exclude the .exe from virus scans either so is it a virus or the actual thing?

Phaze

Oct 7, 2017
still waiting for some generous soul to post v.28 and the gallery link, how they haven't been posted yet is baffling

edgedy

Aug 15, 2017
Good improvements to the boob physicks, the final zone is super easy now without the doggos almost too easy.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
Good improvements to the boob physicks, the final zone is super easy now without the doggos almost too easy.
I agree, without the dogs the catacombs and the end area is just way too easy, that confined space was what made them incredibly hard (not to mention they are not in gallery either)

Also minor glitch discovery, when she is naked and uses grappler her arm grappling is fully clothed.

Reactions: Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Also minor glitch discovery, when she is naked and uses grappler her arm grappling is fully clothed.
Thanks for the report my dude, nobody had ever mentioned that one before so I was able to fix it in time for the update we just put out!

Since it's been a while since I posted here, let me just say thanks so much to everybody for the kind words - I'm glad to know you guys like the game so much <3 Hopefully this won't bother anybody - I dunno how much you guys want to hear about progress compared to getting links to the game, but I'm gonna copy/paste the update post from our Patreon here, since we just released v.29 yesterday. I'll do the same with updates in general from now on, as long as everybody's cool with that! (You can also view this post on our Patreon since it's a public post - I would link to it but I don't have enough posts here yet)

We did it bois, v.29 is complete! Told you it'd be a week at most ;D To all ye naysayers that may or may not exist, I smite thee!

UPDATE v.29 GOALS
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Implement save system
-Rework and improve the 2nd boss battle
-Implement Charge Shot secondary chip (can be obtained by defeating Boss 3)
-Implement the new UI designs for the Main Menu, in-game HUD, AND Map screen
-Implement several reworked animations for Alicia (two different Jumping animations (one while standing, one while running), crouching animation, ledge grab animation)
-Fix more minor issues

As you can probably see, this update didn't have a ton of new things going into it - but every single one of them was *super important*. WE HAVE A REAL SAVE SYSTEM NOW HOLY SHIT. AND THE MENU LOOKS SO GOOD AAAHHH there's currently no way to manually save, but running over a checkpoint pad will auto-save the game for you. In the interest of getting this update out fast I didn't test this new save system thoroughly, so please let me know ASAP if you ever run into issues with it - I'll be supporting this update with hotfixes as always. As for plans on our next major update..

UPDATE v.30 GOALS
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Finish reworking all of Alicia's basic animations
-Finish the new UI, including Options and Status menu
-Finish the 2nd boss fight rework
-Finish retiling and redesigning Summit area
-Implement H-mechanic changes
-Prepare for new public demo release
-Fix more minor issues

As you can see, the 2nd boss fight is mentioned again. While I did get the 2nd boss working well, and the fight is SO much better than it was before, there was still some more I wanted to do with him - adding these things would take another few days of programming and testing and balancing though, so in the interest of releasing now after you've all waited so long, I decided to hold off on it. Aside from that, I also delayed retiling the Summit area into v.30, and I'm glad I did - I decided last minute I want to move the Dash ability to BEFORE the second boss fight rather than after, which will inform how I redesign the levels as well, since the Dash is a rather potent movement ability.

v.30 will also include the H-mechanic changes I've outlined in our Discord, the completed UI overhaul (which will include things like graphics and sound options, better keyboard and gamepad customization, and a finalized system for changing blaster chips), and the last few reworks of Alicia's main animation set. After this update, we'll be getting pretty close to a new public update. Exciting times these are!

Alright, that's enough outta me for now everybody. As always, the download link will be in a post for $10 patrons after this post, and I'll also be sending it out to anyone who pledged $10 since December. Let me know if there's anything wrong with this update and I'll get a fix out as soon as I can - until then, ciao!
-A42

UPDATE v.29 MINOR FIXES
-Return to Main Menu option is now finally working properly, and has been enabled
-Fixed issue where collecting a B chip blaster upgrade always switched you to the Rapid Shot, instead of the chip you just collected
-Flying Aliens should no longer continue creating their "flying effect" when in an H-scene
-Tar Rain added to the Summit areas before you defeat the boss there
-Player can now do a dash in either direction if attempting to dash immediately after a slide, rather than being forced in the same direction as the slide
-Horizontal arm while using Wire Shot was clothed even when Alicia is unclothed; now fixed
-The Map menu has been completely reworked with new UI and a more robust text editor with pasting and Ctrl+Backspace functionality. In addition, notes that are just spaces will now be auto-deleted, rather than leaving behind an empty note
-Fixed choppy movement with continuous scrolling on the map screen
-Camera shifting downwards is now based on the player holding Down, rather than being in a crouched state, allowing the player to look downward at any time

Reactions: Naizul

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Wow! Sorry I spoke, guess I'll just leave you with your game. I'll not be playing it anymore
There's a difference between voicing an opinion and demanding things, my dude. Since you demanded I bring the hellhounds back, that means one of two things: 1, you didn't bother to read anything about why I removed them (despite that information being available in this topic), or 2, you don't care about why I removed them and the only thing that matters is what you want. In either of those cases, you've shown little respect for the situation I'm in, and I'm not particularly inclined to give you much back because of it. Too many people like to pretend I made this decision for no reason, as if I'm not a human just like you who's just trying to make their way in this world. You would make the exact same decision if you were in a situation where you could lose everything you've worked so hard to reach, and you'd feel the same way once you got sick of hearing people tell you how to do your job.

jjjjiiiinnnn

May 14, 2017
And get myself banned from Patreon so I have no more income and support to finish the game with? Gee, what a great idea.
Not that I care about it that much, but if there is too much demand for it, you could possibly leave it in the game hidden. You won't have to tell anybody, patreon doesn't check your source code.

And when the game is release, a different release of the game can be done that includes the dogs which you won't post on patreon, but somewhere else, or perhaps directly email the people who bought your game.

Just a stupid idea in case too many people ask for it. Like I said, I'm not all that interested in it.

Nontheless, again thanks for the great work. Looking forward for the actual release!

Reactions: Naizul and Anon42

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Not that I care about it that much, but if there is too much demand for it, you could possibly leave it in the game hidden. You won't have to tell anybody, patreon doesn't check your source code.

And when the game is release, a different release of the game can be done that includes the dogs which you won't post on patreon, but somewhere else, or perhaps directly email the people who bought your game.

Just a stupid idea in case too many people ask for it. Like I said, I'm not all that interested in it.

Nontheless, again thanks for the great work. Looking forward for the actual release!
It could happen. I haven't deleted the old files containing them, they're just inaccessible within the game right now, and will be eventually replaced with the new assets. If I ever did release a patch, though, it would be after the full game is released; the distinction here is that Patreon does not allow bestiality to be funded using their service, so if the patch is worked on and released after the game comes out and done without using Patreon money, then it's not even breaking any rules, so long as the patch isn't distributed via Patreon.

Reactions: GyorgSyopaCant

Swingman83

Sep 6, 2017
I wasn't demanding anything at all. It was meant as an additional comment in the thread to support that the catacombs is a bit too easy now. I have read why the hellhounds were removed and that's your decision as after all this is your game. I don't feel like there was any need for you to basically call me an idiot

• Angry
Reactions: laugh

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I wasn't demanding anything at all. It was meant as an additional comment in the thread to support that the catacombs is a bit too easy now. I have read why the hellhounds were removed and that's your decision as after all this is your game. I don't feel like there was any need for you to basically call me an idiot
My intent wasn't to call you an idiot, so if it came across that way I apologize. I'm just getting tired of this conversation being brought up over and over again, because I'm not changing my mind on it; Crisis Point is my only income, and if I lost it I'd be homeless in a matter of months, with the amount of money that I pour back into the game and the insane taxes from self-employment I don't have much in the way of savings. To be fair, your first post was literally just "bring back the dogs" - how am I supposed to interpret that other than as a demand?

Reactions: axelaen and MrHHH
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes