Daz Tutorial Creating custom room's for Daz3d

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
First up you will need to download pCon Planner from

pCon planner tutorials will teach you how to make a basic room, so I will not bother....

After you have made a basic room like the following thumbnail

daz_pcon_planner.jpg

you will need to simply export it to geometry, and save it as a collada (*.dae) file using the following settings

daz_pcon_planner_export.jpg

after which, just import to daz3d, if you have used the rectangle room element in pCon Planner, you might have to make the last element in the hierarchy of the scene window hidden, if you want windows to work, then you can begin texturing with shader preet's for which ever renderer you use

daz_pcon_texturedr.jpg

daz_pcon_renderr.jpg

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
That is fantastically brilliant, thanks for the share.
jenny.png
I used materials in daz so they are all iray, but in pCon Planner it took me not much longer than the first basic vid, the whole thing took me literally 20 minutes from install to pose.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
no problem, shaders are what textures and materials are sold as on the daz3d store

the basic packs to get you on your way...

you need terrabytes of them

Reactions: faibolx

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
That's a neat one, thx for the share!
Can you open the doors or are they part of the wall?

If you want to save some money, use the base shaders and free textures instead ;)
Here are some nice free ones:

Reactions: Baka plays

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
That's a neat one, thx for the share!
Can you open the doors or are they part of the wall?

If you want to save some money, use the base shaders and free textures instead ;)
Here are some nice free ones:
every primitive is a seperate node in the scene editor, you can scale and rotate everything using the tools and parameter sliders

for a model to be fully textured after being imported as far as daz3d goes, the object needs an hierarchy of all primitives like the third thumbnail, as you cannot select single sides to be textured, as far as i know, but i don't look in tutorial or nothing , especially changelogs

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
every primitive is a seperate node in the scene editor, you can scale and rotate everything using the tools and parameter sliders

for a model to be fully textured after being imported as far as daz3d goes, the object needs an hierarchy of all primitives like the third thumbnail, as you cannot select single sides to be textured, as far as i know, but i don't look in tutorial or nothing , especially changelogs
I'll try it out and check ;)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Okay, got some time between other renders. Definitely a usefull program to quickly create some rooms or even complete houses. If you export like @xht_002 mentioned everything is rigged like it should. Materials get imported into daz. The only thing you need to do is parent stuff that belongs together, apply shaders and maybe set some limits. (y)

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
Okay, got some time between other renders. Definitely a usefull program to quickly create some rooms or even complete houses. If you export like @xht_002 mentioned everything is rigged like it should. Materials get imported into daz. The only thing you need to do is parent stuff that belongs together, apply shaders and maybe set some limits. (y)
the room should already be parented together, it imports into thhe scene editor like

> room_object
node_0 [primitive]​
node_1 [primitive]​
node_2 [primitive]​
node_3 [primitive]​
node_4 [primitive]​
you don't need to import any textures from pCon Planner, they are tiny low res rubbish

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
the room should already be parented together, it imports into thhe scene editor like

> room_object
node_0 [primitive]​
node_1 [primitive]​
node_2 [primitive]​
node_3 [primitive]​
node_4 [primitive]​
Yes thats true, but if you have for example a door with a handle, the door is a node of the room and the handle is a node of the room. If you move the door, the handle stays in place, so you have to parent it to the door before you move it.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
First up you will need to download pCon Planner from

pCon planner tutorials will teach you how to make a basic room, so I will not bother....

After you have made a basic room like the following thumbnail

View attachment 264988

you will need to simply export it to geometry, and save it as a collada (*.dae) file using the following settings

View attachment 264989

after which, just import to daz3d, if you have used the rectangle room element in pCon Planner, you might have to make the last element in the hierarchy of the scene window hidden, if you want windows to work, then you can begin texturing with shader preet's for which ever renderer you use

View attachment 264997

View attachment 264998
Having spent beacoup hours trying to get effing Blender's Archimesh and Archipack to work, then finally struggling though and making my hallway, I could weep for seeing this thread.

That is one awesome, time saving tool. Thank you.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
Having spent beacoup hours trying to get effing Blender's Archimesh and Archipack to work, then finally struggling though and making my hallway, I could weep for seeing this thread.

That is one awesome, time saving tool. Thank you.
blender is one of the worlds most pathetic program's to use in general

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
sketchup is rubbish and is'nt free, and ontop of that, no well known CAD program exports to any usable format, without having to open another program's exported file in autocad first

sketchup is also a junk online browser program which you need the latest version of chrome to work

Reactions: p_staker

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
sketchup is rubbish and is'nt free, and ontop of that, no well known CAD program exports to any usable format, without having to open another program's exported file in autocad first

sketchup is also a junk online browser program which you need the latest version of chrome to work
Unlike others who would say "Liar liar pants on fire" I'll just post the facts.

free
free
Export your Daz models to use them in your Sketchup scenes. free

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
Unlike others who would say "Liar liar pants on fire" I'll just post the facts.

free
free
Export your Daz models to use them in your Sketchup scenes. free

don't need to look, if you want to make anything more then a traffic cone in sketchup you need the professional version

the future is freecad if you want full BIM architecture design for free, or pCon planner if they add a tutorial on how to create your own elements like window prefabs etc

Reactions: p_staker

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
make it 4k with some textures from
use shadermap CL 1.2.2 to make the normals, specular etc maps using a bat file the commandline version has been discontinued while the latest version cannot do batch processing

see if ebay as a paintshop 2019 ultimate key for $10 on, and use the effects->seamless tiling wizard

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
anyone can open a pre-made scene and render it

pCon max wall height is 200m, you can make your own city towers, or just stack floors, if you want multiple textures, save it as a scene simple building scene, so you can merge it into any full city scene when you want