Tutorial Create Smart Content Metadata for 3rd party poses in daz3d

rforest1

Oct 21, 2020
First off I'd like to thank....well everyone....in these forums. I'm semi-retired and was looking for a new hobby and had an interest in 3d modeling from way back and decided this was something to get into. Little did I know how much time I'd spend just figuring out some of the basics but the threads here have been a big help.

One of the things I like about Daz3d is the Smart Content tab. Working on a figure and as long as it's selected I can quickly get to what works with it. However using some of the 3rd party content got to be a bit tedious quickly....especially the poses. Having tried to work through poses manually to start the ability to quickly pose a character/model was a huge time saver. I just hated having to dig through the content library tab and find the right pose for the right model. Maybe I'm a little to OCD for it. At any rate, being an IT kinda guy I went looking on the interwebs for how to add smart content to poses. I found everything but that. After trying the (confusing at the time) documentation on the Daz3d site I finally went back to an annoying page that looked like it would help but had an issue. After I fixed the issue of the page constantly reloading it got me to about 70% of what I needed.

So in the interest of saving anyone else the huge amounts of ass pain I had from trying to do this here's a somewhat short tutorial on how to add metadata to get your 3rd party poses working in Daz3d's smart content tab.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As far as I can tell, and I may be completely wrong, I couldn't find anything else out there that addresses this.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Cinderhella

rforest1

Oct 21, 2020
And yes...I misspelled renderocity.....didn't catch it until after I uploaded the vid ;)

Last edited: