Lucky_I

May 2, 2021
yall are angry that Etheryn doesnt have a puss puss.

Im disppointed that Etheryn isnt more male defined.

We are not the same.

Jokes aside Etheryn would make for a really hot gay bottom.
God, that would've been so fucking peak. If Etheryn was a tomgirl and hardly anything else about them changed(and had their nude potrait be flat chested), they absolutely would've been my fav character.

Thatguymercy

Jan 20, 2023
Honestly femboy etheryn would've been dope since we would've had a male compainon with actual content to them, with Berwyn being chucked out the party, fucking Quint being treated like a red head step child and Brint being outshined by the mass amount of content Brieanne has.
Are we never gonna get a cute boy companion to smash? Or is that too much of a power fantasy to ask for?
1709837413005983 1704314851188215.png

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
What do you mean? CoC1 has at least 2 major mods that add shitton of content (of variable quality).
I mean it's not a coincidence that the CoC2/TiTS threads are still fairly active while the CoC1 thread is on life support and the major mods are barely discussed at all. Not to mention the failed attempts at mods and spiritual successors lost to history.

I'm not defending Savin and Fen but it says a lot about the state of text games.

Reactions: SirJahar

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
I mean it's not a coincidence that the CoC2/TiTS threads are still fairly active while the CoC1 thread is on life support and the major mods are barely discussed at all. Not to mention the failed attempts at mods and spiritual successors lost to history.

I'm not defending Savin and Fen but it says a lot about the state of text games.
And maybe it has something to do with the death of Flash and CoC1 never getting ported and absolutely nothing to do with mods?

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Honestly femboy etheryn would've been dope since we would've had a male compainon with actual content to them, with Berwyn being chucked out the party, fucking Quint being treated like a red head step child and Brint being outshined by the mass amount of content Brieanne has.
Are we never gonna get a cute boy companion to smash? Or is that too much of a power fantasy to ask for?
View attachment 3568469
Admit it, the only reason you’re arguing in here is because you love those Utena Hiiragi pics and want to share them . . .

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

Brudder the reason why CoC1 thread is silent as shit is 'cause the peepos are in the modded version's discord servers instead.
That and no more support for flash too helps.

CoC2 modding is going to take place when this piece of shit is complete. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Why would you mod a version right now when the next one breaks it? That shit is a hassle.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
It wouldn't surprise me if writers with actual talent decide to correct the mistakes this game makes and it will likely be out of spite too, which is ironic, considering how the current writers spite their own audience (and get away with it because there's no competition). I admit I may be looking forward for the inevitable spite war, and it will be mildly amusing to see tobs and savin raising a shitstorm of epic proportions over it.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
It wouldn't surprise me if writers with actual talent decide to correct the mistakes this game makes and it will likely be out of spite too, which is ironic, considering how the current writers spite their own audience (and get away with it because there's no competition). I admit I may be looking forward for the inevitable spite war, and it will be mildly amusing to see tobs and savin raising a shitstorm of epic proportions over it.
Hit me with that good shit.
I too wish that's what the modders will do when it's finally done.

Modders will spite the devs by correcting their mistakes which is pretty much 90% or so.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
And maybe it has something to do with the death of Flash and CoC1 never getting ported and absolutely nothing to do with mods?
Flash was already on the way out years before it officially got cut off, you had to jump through hoops to get it working in browsers because everyone dropped it voluntarily. And I mentioned successors along with mods. I'm talking about the "fuck the devs we can do better" thing in general. People remember Slablands right?

Every time someone says they can do better we just end up with another super niche mod or another abandoned fan game. They run purely on spite which isn't a great long term motivator on top of game development and project management being way harder than people think it is.

If someone wants to make their own CoC inspired game they need to cut it off from CoC altogether and not spend every waking moment thinking about how they can snub Savin and Fenoxo. That's what the MGD guy did and it just werks.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Flash was already on the way out years before it officially got cut off, you had to jump through hoops to get it working in browsers because everyone dropped it voluntarily. And I mentioned successors along with mods. I'm talking about the "fuck the devs we can do better" thing in general. People remember Slablands right?

Every time someone says they can do better we just end up with another super niche mod or another abandoned fan game. They run purely on spite which isn't a great long term motivator on top of game development and project management being way harder than people think it is.

If someone wants to make their own CoC inspired game they need to cut it off from CoC altogether and not spend every waking moment thinking about how they can snub Savin and Fenoxo. That's what the MGD guy did and it just werks.
Ngl, I've never heard of Slablands. :KEK: :WaitWhat:

With their level of "writing", Fanfic writers do better than this cliche' ass piece of shit.
Netflix should hire these devs.

I dun' need someone to make their own coc inspired game, this game just proved it.
I'm satisfied with just the modded versions of CoC 1. :KEK:

Hell CoC ain't the only good text-game in here, Fuckin' EraTohok/TW is MILES ahead in terms of everything.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Ngl, I've never heard of Slablands. :KEK: :WaitWhat:

With their level of "writing", Fanfic writers do better than this cliche' ass piece of shit.
Netflix should hire these devs.

I dun' need someone to make their own coc inspired game, this game just proved it.
I'm satisfied with just the modded versions of CoC 1. :KEK:

Hell CoC ain't the only good text-game in here, Fuckin' EraTohok/TW is MILES ahead in terms of everything.
Slablands is a spicy piece of ancient CoC drama, look it up if you want a wild ride. Bonus points if you can still find their really really really really long design bible.

Reactions: SadBully and B2B2

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Slablands is a spicy piece of ancient CoC drama, look it up if you want a wild ride. Bonus points if you can still find their really really really really long design bible.
I vaguely recall a Slablands thread at the height of Towergirls popularity in /tg/. You're telling me it's the same Slablands?

3.00 star(s) 92 Votes