HTML Completed Corrupting the Circle [v1.5] [Mister XxX]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Which character from the prequel should I focus on next?

• Ipia

Votes: 32 9.9%
  • Stassanna

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • Brea

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • Shakti

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • Fanielle

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Krizza

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Go for some random events instead !

Votes: 147 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 21, 2019
Even at Corruption over 100, Heterosexuality never goes below 80 and Homosexuality and Desir never above 20, they always reset to 80/20
You get corruption over 100? My game stopped at corruption 100. You can finish this game by just getting corruption 100 and not interacting with anything else.

Dionysus45

Sep 29, 2020
You get corruption over 100? My game stopped at corruption 100. You can finish this game by just getting corruption 100 and not interacting with anything else.
You finished it? How exactly?
I get to the part where love between members is permitted but frowned upon, but then can't progress anything despite the high corruption.

vegham

Aug 15, 2017
You finished it? How exactly?
I get to the part where love between members is permitted but frowned upon, but then can't progress anything despite the high corruption.
The game seems to be stuck there in the English version. If you set corruption to exactly 100 it will trigger that ending.

The French version seems to progress normally past that point.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
The problem is variables are being used wrong. Mister XxX you accidentally have two variables for corruption stage. One "corruptionsstage" (two s) is increased during some events, but you check against "corruptionstage" (only one s) when resetting values at the start of the week.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Additionally, the if statements around the checks for corruptionstage are broken in english. In the french part of the file, the check is in the right spot but for some reason the ONLY check on the English side is a check on corruption being 100 which sets corruption stage to 5. I don't know the exact logic but you can trigger corruption stage 3 in english, but with the quick look at the code I don't get how that one triggers when the others don't...

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Ok I opened the file in Twine now that I had more time and found the full issue which was on the corruption is progressing page for both French and English. The page was only looking for EXACTLY the right corruption and had no checks for if you went over. I've made edits to that page to work for greater than or equal to the proper breakpoints as well as putting gates to prevent the text from showing up more than once (it now checks both corruption and corruptionstage, though admittedly clumsily cause I don't use twine much), as well as changing all calls to corruptionsstage to be corruptionstage and changing the leading recruits page to also accept values of corruption greater than 100 for the final stage hand off. I can't promise this fixes everything cause I mostly did this because I want to play it myself but I'm uploading my edited file here if anyone else wants to try it. All edits were done for both languages so those playing in French should also work now.

Edit: I had considered changing the rate at which attraction to men/women and desire change because at least in the first stage it feels too grindy to me, but I've kept the values as is for now.

danman99

Nov 1, 2018
Haven't checked this with Troqu's fix yet but is encouraging the women to bond intended to raise desire? there seems to be no option to raise homosexuality after a stage.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Adding another bug fix with another inconsistent variable that was preventing stuff (rituel was set at the start of the game but the game actually looks for ritual in all checks with it).

Haven't checked this with Troqu's fix yet but is encouraging the women to bond intended to raise desire? there seems to be no option to raise homosexuality after a stage.
There was another bug that was eventually supposed to lead to a ritual that basically swaps the functionality of those two options (Breeding becomes attraction to women, lesbianism becomes desire) which wasn't triggering properly because of the above. it should be fixed in this build.

unicron9999

Apr 16, 2020
Ok I opened the file in Twine now that I had more time and found the full issue which was on the corruption is progressing page for both French and English. The page was only looking for EXACTLY the right corruption and had no checks for if you went over. I've made edits to that page to work for greater than or equal to the proper breakpoints as well as putting gates to prevent the text from showing up more than once (it now checks both corruption and corruptionstage, though admittedly clumsily cause I don't use twine much), as well as changing all calls to corruptionsstage to be corruptionstage and changing the leading recruits page to also accept values of corruption greater than 100 for the final stage hand off. I can't promise this fixes everything cause I mostly did this because I want to play it myself but I'm uploading my edited file here if anyone else wants to try it. All edits were done for both languages so those playing in French should also work now.

Edit: I had considered changing the rate at which attraction to men/women and desire change because at least in the first stage it feels too grindy to me, but I've kept the values as is for now.
Where did you post this? The MEGA link still seems to have all these mentioned bugs.

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
Adding another bug fix with another inconsistent variable that was preventing stuff (rituel was set at the start of the game but the game actually looks for ritual in all checks with it).

There was another bug that was eventually supposed to lead to a ritual that basically swaps the functionality of those two options (Breeding becomes attraction to women, lesbianism becomes desire) which wasn't triggering properly because of the above. it should be fixed in this build.
This doesn't appear to have fixed this.

My current stats are:

attractionmen: 20
attractionwomen: 46
corruption: 60
corruptionstage: 3
desire: 80
gameover: -3
invasion: 0
lesbian: 2
lesbianism: 0
meninfortress: 1
ritual: 0
secretleaked: 0
sexliberty: 0
suspicion: 57

corruption, desire, and hetero are all capped (ie, they reset each week). I can't raise homo anymore.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
This doesn't appear to have fixed this.

My current stats are:

attractionmen: 20
attractionwomen: 46
corruption: 60
corruptionstage: 3
desire: 80
gameover: -3
invasion: 0
lesbian: 2
lesbianism: 0
meninfortress: 1
ritual: 0
secretleaked: 0
sexliberty: 0
suspicion: 57

corruption, desire, and hetero are all capped (ie, they reset each week). I can't raise homo anymore.
It's cause you loaded a file after already moving to corruption stage 3. The trigger is only for corruption stage 2, less then 60 attraction to men, more than 40 attraction to women.

Mister XxX

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
Ok I came back sooner than expected and I read a little about the bugs found :

-Ritual variable fixed

-Corruptionstage change fixed (it was supposed to upgrade at 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 exactly, now it upgrades even if you go upper)

-Some variables wrongly writed

-Some typo in the ending

I hope this update will be good enough.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017

-Ritual variable fixed

-Corruptionstage change fixed (it was supposed to upgrade at 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 exactly, now it upgrades even if you go upper)

-Some typo in the ending

I played through everything after my own bug fixes posted Friday and I really liked this game. Hope you don't take my posting it the wrong way, I just really liked the concept and didn't feel like waiting for an official fix to play it. I hope you expand this more after the current ending or make something else in the future cause it was really good.

danman99

Nov 1, 2018

-Ritual variable fixed

-Some typo in the ending

It was short but good. I don't see that many corruption games involving turning straight women into total lesbians. I hope you expand the ending or make a similar game as Troqu said.

Reactions: Mister XxX

Mister XxX

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I played through everything after my own bug fixes posted Friday and I really liked this game. Hope you don't take my posting it the wrong way, I just really liked the concept and didn't feel like waiting for an official fix to play it. I hope you expand this more after the current ending or make something else in the future cause it was really good.
Quite the contrary. Everytime I saw a bugreport I was like "Goddam it ! You fucking moron !" against myself.

And I can't blame someone who want to help people to play a game I created.

It was short but good. I don't see that many corruption games involving turning straight women into total lesbians. I hope you expand the ending or make a similar game as Troqu said.
Thanks, I miss this kind of game too to be honest.

To both : Actually I plan to do more, just asking myself about the kind.
1/ Expanding corrupting the circle, could be a thing but I lack ideas to add.

2/ Go sequel, the ending is clearly open so I could.

3/ A completly different game (with a similar concept corruption/lesbian) about a therapist/doctor.

And if you have any idea, don't hesitate, I will be more than happy to hear it.

EDIT : Don't hesitate to rate. Thanks.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes