VN HTML Completed Corrupting Kayleigh [Final] [Xtryptic Studios]

2.80 star(s) 12 Votes

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Is there some elegant way to export saves games for offline version?

Game stores saves in HTML "local storage", which is great for web content, but when used for offline files, any time you change path of the disk (like download new version that has different folder name), you lose access to old saved data, since this storage is binded to the url.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
I really feel this game needs money counter, even if it does not lead to any gameplay or narrative effects.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
This game seems ok in some ways... I do think this game would feel a lot less...rapey if it were told completely from Kayleigh's mind and perspective instead of what feels completely like an outside narrative perspective (with occassional accidental Jim perspectives that I have gathered from dev comments that they are still correcting).
I did an analysis, identified 829 passages that need to be changed, I already started working on it. Do you think that changing Kayleigh for "You" with the proper pronoun adjustments is enough?

Is there some elegant way to export saves games for offline version?

Game stores saves in HTML "local storage", which is great for web content, but when used for offline files, any time you change path of the disk (like download new version that has different folder name), you lose access to old saved data, since this storage is binded to the url.
I had this idea a while ago, but I ended up not implementing it, I'll put it back on the to-do list

I really feel this game needs money counter, even if it does not lead to any gameplay or narrative effects.
Do you say for each value that Kayleigh we are going to add in a variable and display it somewhere on the screen?

better convert this game to renpy! (sempre é melhor!)
I already thought about it, but in a month we had 140 thousand online accesses, I didn't want to miss it. I've researched a few times if RenPy exports to the web but I couldn't find (fala português?)

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Do you say for each value that Kayleigh we are going to add in a variable and display it somewhere on the screen?
To clarify, to show total amount of money she and mother have earned through the tasks.

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
I did an analysis, identified 829 passages that need to be changed, I already started working on it. Do you think that changing Kayleigh for "You" with the proper pronoun adjustments is enough?
As far as the creep factor I feel, I can't speak for how other people feel about the game or the players perspective, but I think adding more first person words like "I'm" and "I" as well as maybe adding some internal thoughts from Kayleigh on how/why she came to some of her choices sometimes would certainly make me feel more comfortable. But also equally noteworthy, right now the game plays out like I'm watching a movie instead of being from the female protag perspective. I'm watching the scenes as a complete outsider and not actually playing the game from Kayleigh's perspective really at all, when the game description describes being from her eyes. So changing this would also make the sell more factually accurate...which never hurts.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This is a really fun game. I didn't view it as rapey myself, but it's always good to be careful about that stuff.

I really like the artwork, and the models keep getting better. But if I had one concern it would be that the game feels too linear. I like visual novels just fine, but they have a lot more content usually. This game feels more like it should have branching paths that lead to different results. The most recent update felt like it was missing content, the two primary paths (either the girl comes with you or not) didn't really result in anything different. In the end there was no reason to not take her with you.

Reactions: Armelle69

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
V106.jpg
Hi friends,

V1.02 became public and the downloadable version is here.

Online version updated:
Webp (599.5mb):
Jpg(896.3mb):

v1.02 changes
- 127 new imagens presenting Kayleigh's 11th idea.
- More than 800 lines changed refering Kayleigh as you.
- I created a new, very lean layout to be displayed when the game is called from an iframe. Iframe is when another page links to the main URL of the game, I use it in Newgrounds for example. Some hosts complained that the first screen was too long and the scrolls were getting in the way.
IframeView.jpg

October 4k scene:

This month we are presenting the next versions theme, an extensive photo shoot
WebpPhotoShoot.jpg

Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Armelle69

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
Love female protag and corruption games, just wish non animated games did it for me more as this one looks naughty, may still try it after a few more updates. Does it have and sound effects?

Aqualung

Oct 20, 2017
Fun. My only concern is that Edmund will get bored with Kayleigh and Ellyce being together and actually having fun (at least in the way I'm playing it) and start to insist on more male interaction. I'm not against it per se but it would be better (for me) if they could at least participate together. The game doesn't have an incest tag either but I'm hoping for some Kayleigh/Jen action down the line. We shall see.

Reactions: MaxCarna

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
i can't start the game, by clicking on the indexfile (chrome and firefox) using the jpg-download

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
i can't start the game, by clicking on the indexfile (chrome and firefox) using the jpg-download
Ialadon,

The jpg version will work with legacy browsers like Internet Explorer and Safari because they don't recognize the webp format developed by Google. Modern browsers like Chrome and Firefox, however, can't play this version because they block old libraries that are present on this version.

That is the summary of the last time I tested all browsers, since then I develop the code using Linux/Chrome and test on Windows 10/Opera:

- Webp version:
-- Tested on Windows 10:
---- Chrome 77.0 (everything ok)
---- Firefox 69.0.3 (everything ok)
---- Opera 63.0 (everything ok)
---- MS Edge 44.18362 (saved games disappear when close due browser's restriction more on ).

-- Tested on Mac OS 10.14:
---- Chrome 77.0 (everything ok)
---- Safari 12.0 (images doesn't load).

- Jpg version
-- Tested on Windows 10:
---- Internet Explorer 11.418 (must click on Allow Blocked Content but it works)
---- Safari 5.1.7 (animations, sound and settings doesn't work).

-- Tested on Mac OS 10.14:
---- Safari 12.0 - Well, that was trick, Safari is a mix of modern and old browser at the same time, you need to replace the "index.html" file for this one ) But it works!

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
i like the game, however, background makes me not want to play, to much advertisement on ui
What kind of advertisement? I only added the WetPussy logo on the disclaimer screen, you refer to Patreon info on the first page?

My goal was to have a more informative first screen with news, presenting the author, etc. But the actual game screens I tried to keep as clean as possible, but I always listen to suggestions

Love female protag and corruption games, just wish non animated games did it for me more as this one looks naughty, may still try it after a few more updates. Does it have and sound effects?
Have, much less than I would like to have. I added a discrete sound on "next" click, a game over small sound. I really wanted to have someone more professional looking at this part as we did with the look of the page. I wanted to add a more sensual song to the sex scenes, a darker sound when the user makes a bad decision for example, but I am very amateur about it. In the code it is easy to add if I have the definition.

Reactions: Valronn
2.80 star(s) 12 Votes