Corrupted Zip Files

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
The following novels (Windows Version) have corrupted zip files when I download them:

The Intoxicating Flavor
Cheeky Girl
Nothing Can Stop Me

Before you ask, yes I tried 7zip & yes I tried Daemon Tools.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The following novels (Windows Version) have corrupted zip files when I download them:

The Intoxicating Flavor
Cheeky Girl
Nothing Can Stop Me

Before you ask, yes I tried 7zip & yes I tried Daemon Tools.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I just downloaded The Intoxicating Flavor from the mega link and winrar opened it fine.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Re-download it is all I can suggest, I didn't try the other two (one is too big).

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
I'm going to suggest one last time that you try downloading the files to a different drive. given the number of times this has happened to you (and that you seem to use the same drive every time) bad hd sectors seems the most likely cause. If your pc has a hd test util in the bios you could also run that to rule it out as a cause.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Gotta pay to do that, I think?

:unsure:
winrar trial is free, and you can keep using it after the trial period, but it starts to nag you if you don't buy
regardless of paid or unpaid, you should always keep your software updated for security reasons

Reactions: mickydoo

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
I'm going to suggest one last time that you try downloading the files to a different drive. given the number of times this has happened to you (and that you seem to use the same drive every time) bad hd sectors seems the most likely cause. If your pc has a hd test util in the bios you could also run that to rule it out as a cause.
Created new folders on my C, D, & E drives & downloaded to those drives. All files still come up corrupted.

Here's a novel idea: Maybe the files are really corrupted?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Created new folders on my C, D, & E drives & downloaded to those drives. All files still come up corrupted.

Here's a novel idea: Maybe the files are really corrupted?

when you say downloaded, do you mean from the server? or that you simply moved or copied from your I drive?
if they were corrupted on the server, those game threads would be flooded with similar complaints.. so that simply isn't the case.

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
when you say downloaded, do you mean from the server? or that you simply moved or copied from your I drive?
if they were corrupted on the server, those game threads would be flooded with similar complaints.. so that simply isn't the case.
I downloaded from MEGA & Nopey, just like everyone else, no different. Straight to those drives, I mean......I didn't download to my I drive at all.

(y)

Reactions: riktor

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
There is not corrupted files, Depends on your DNS sometimes happening , You can try repair download zip files:

Run the Winrar , see where you downloaded the zip, select your zip file, and click the Repair option at the top of the software. Then select the appropriate storage location. After you're done, go to the storage you selected and extract new files.

If it was written during recovery, sector recovered means that the file was repaired correctly.

If you wrote recover failed, it means you can't recover! Then you need to download the file again.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
I downloaded from MEGA & Nopey, just like everyone else, no different. Straight to those drives, I mean......I didn't download to my I drive at all.

(y)
then i'd think there is possibly some intermittent network issue between your system and those servers causing them to be corrupted during the download. if that's the case there's not much you could do about it short of trying to repair the archives if they support parity (as lady aspen has suggested) or re-downloading them until they work. it could be a ram issue but there would generally be other system problems indicating that so that's highly unlikely.

Last edited:

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
Just downloaded "Where The Heart Is" with no problems. Incest patch as well. Still can't get the Intoxicating Flavor......I tried different browsers, even. Would some be willing to throw it up on a server real quick?

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Just downloaded "Where The Heart Is" with no problems. Incest patch as well. Still can't get the Intoxicating Flavor......I tried different browsers, even. Would some be willing to throw it up on a server real quick?

downloading now, will send you a link when it's ready

sent link in pm

Last edited:

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
There is not corrupted files, Depends on your DNS sometimes happening , You can try repair download zip files:

Run the Winrar , see where you downloaded the zip, select your zip file, and click the Repair option at the top of the software. Then select the appropriate storage location. After you're done, go to the storage you selected and extract new files.

If it was written during recovery, sector recovered means that the file was repaired correctly.

If you wrote recover failed, it means you can't recover! Then you need to download the file again.
Typically, something hard to get is well worth it in the end. I hope this is case with this file!

:cool: (y)

Reactions: Lady Aspen