SecretGame18

Creating realistic and original visual novel
Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
Still curious to know what exactly you need user data for if I'm being honest.

"it's important to oriented my works."

What does that mean? And what kind of data are you collecting? This, atleast to me, is a pretty important bit of information to determine if I want to download the game or not. If there's more information inside the game okay, but I'd like to know beforehand.

Most (if not all) of the time, user-data is being sold to third party companies.

Cheers

Edit: So, I've read in a previous post that it's about days played and the platform used to download/play your game if I understand it correctly. Both of which isn't really doing anything to help you make the game better, so I really struggle to understand the "to oriented my works" part. It does sound a little shady, and since most of us aren't coders/programmers, we have no way of telling if that is actually the truth or if there's other data that's being used for god knows what.

Edit2:

This is extremely vague in terms of what data exactly you can see. Surely it shows more than just the game version, my OS and "anonymous id", whatever that means.
I'm a private individual, I don't see what I could sell to a third-party company.

These stats help me :
- quantify the extent of piracy. (I've got nothing against it, I use F95 myself, but I want to measure it).
- find out what languages are being used, so I suggested Russian, because I saw that some people were using it.
- find out how much interest there is in each new version. If it's dropping, I've missed something.
- to know the success or failure of a communication.

I talk to game creators, and if you knew how many games on F95 use a system like mine without saying so... As soon as you see a news item on a home page, there's been a call to a third-party server.

I try to do things right, I warn you in advance, I tell you where it is in the code so you can check what I'm saying. I could indeed make it optional, but we all know that if I did, I'd have no stat.

I understand if you don't like it, but I don't like being traced either.
That's why I wanted to be transparent to reassure people about my attentions. Maybe I'll remove it later, but for now I need to measure the game's interest.

Sorry for the size of the answer.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
Just "finished" last version and I'm upset with how the sandbox work in the game. Alex invited Lara to the bar in the night, though it was the same night that I unlocked Sarah's room. So the game decided it was the limit I could play, even if I manage to "unlock" the condition to the bar scene, which however I can't see. Then I have the message that I couldn't unlock this scene. What?
In my previous gameplay I unlocked some scenes that weren't recognized by the game this time. Without a gallery or any other indication about the scenes available, plus the fact that you're limited in the number of days/actions you can do, I can't totally get the immersion.
Other sandbox games let you advance at your one pace, and then they tell you when you reach all the content of the actual version you're playing. In your game you get this info just at the end, when you have to start all over.
Which brings to the last point. When you look at the saves that the player did, you're flooded by many automatic saves, that don't have any logic (such as the automatic saves generated by renpy, which are previous to decisions, for example).
It's a shame because the game it's very interesting and the characters are diverse and everyone has his own background and interests.

Last edited:

SecretGame18

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
Just "finished" last version and I'm upset with how the sandbox work in the game. Alex invited Lara to the bar in the night, though it was the same night that I unlocked Sarah's room. So the game decided it was the limit I could play, even if I manage to "unlock" the condition to the bar scene, which however I can't see. Then I have the message that I couldn't unlock this scene. What?
In my previous gameplay I unlocked some scenes that weren't recognized by the game this time. Without a gallery or any other indication about the scenes available, plus the fact that you're limited in the number of days/actions you can do, I can't totally get the immersion.
Other sandbox games let you advance at your one pace, and then they tell you when you reach all the content of the actual version you're playing. In your game you get this info just at the end, when you have to start all over.
Which brings to the last point. When you look at the saves that the player did, you're flooded by many automatic saves, that don't have any logic (such as the automatic saves generated by renpy, which are previous to decisions, for example).
It's a shame because the game it's very interesting and the characters are diverse and everyone has his own background and interests.
Thank you for your comprehensive feedback.

It's true that it's hard to make a sandbox, much harder than a linear game.

I'm doing my best, but there must still be cases I haven't managed yet.

The balance between freedom and guiding the player enough not to get lost is a difficult one.

The project is still new, it's thanks to this type of feedback that it gets refined.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take your comments into account and correct the points raised.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
Thank you for your comprehensive feedback.

It's true that it's hard to make a sandbox, much harder than a linear game.

I'm doing my best, but there must still be cases I haven't managed yet.

The balance between freedom and guiding the player enough not to get lost is a difficult one.

The project is still new, it's thanks to this type of feedback that it gets refined.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take your comments into account and correct the points raised.
I appreciate that you interact with the users in this piracy forum. That's also why I want to give my feedback, not only because I like the premise of your game. You're not doing the umpteenth version of the young returning home to fuck his family.

By the way, when I save in black screen with the message that you reached the end, the game don't retake from where you left, but somehow reset part of the achievements.

SecretGame18

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
i'm going to put a Watch on this, but i'll wait until there's more lesbian content to try it
0.5 will arrive shortly and will contain the wheel game, but the story will not advance.

Lesbian content is expected in 0.6. I'll keep you inform. I want to do it well.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I'm a private individual, I don't see what I could sell to a third-party company.

These stats help me :
- quantify the extent of piracy. (I've got nothing against it, I use F95 myself, but I want to measure it).
- find out what languages are being used, so I suggested Russian, because I saw that some people were using it.
- find out how much interest there is in each new version. If it's dropping, I've missed something.
- to know the success or failure of a communication.

I talk to game creators, and if you knew how many games on F95 use a system like mine without saying so... As soon as you see a news item on a home page, there's been a call to a third-party server.

I try to do things right, I warn you in advance, I tell you where it is in the code so you can check what I'm saying. I could indeed make it optional, but we all know that if I did, I'd have no stat.

I understand if you don't like it, but I don't like being traced either.
That's why I wanted to be transparent to reassure people about my attentions. Maybe I'll remove it later, but for now I need to measure the game's interest.

Sorry for the size of the answer.
No need to be sorry. I do appreciate a long, in-depth answer over a quick "I'm gonna collect your data". I think an explanation like that on the front page would be in your favor, as the current one doesn't really explain much. That said, I'm curious if you could name some examples of popular projects which collect user-data.

SecretGame18

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
No need to be sorry. I do appreciate a long, in-depth answer over a quick "I'm gonna collect your data". I think an explanation like that on the front page would be in your favor, as the current one doesn't really explain much. That said, I'm curious if you could name some examples of popular projects which collect user-data.
Thanks for this advice, it's done.

burajira

Dec 23, 2022
I'm honestly very glad I found this game (it was an accident really, Lucie was my first game, long before I discovered the brilliant site that is f95, and a touch of nostalgia made me look for the game again, and a search for the dev lead me to Corrupted Paradise!), it's such a nice touch on the typical VN/ sandbox game in that it adds a touch of mystery/ problem solving. The element of having 2 MCs and having each of them using their charms/ friendships to investigate a potential crime is something I'm seeing for the first time in a Ren'Py game. It helps that the sex elements are incorporated into the main plot as well.

That, however leads me to the downsides, the biggest one for me was, ironically, the sandbox and the freedom it offers. I'm not a hardcore Ren'Py gamer, and I had a hard time keeping track of the various plots, character requests and progression the first time I played, eventually running around like a headless chicken the first time I played, eventually "finishing" the game, but missing several scenes, and not gathering some clues. I feel like a walkthrough, atleast a superficial one, would help a beginner like me navigate the game a little better. Indeed, I found a WT here (fan made) and that helped me navigate the game a great deal better. (Editing to add that it would help if I could perform more than 4+2 events per day, with optional time skips if necessary. I've seen other games (off the top of my head, BangCity) do time skips and that offers me more control as a beginner to get to my goal)

I look forward to playing the game to the end when it's ready (no hurry, please cook to your heart's extent, dev-san) and I do hope you stick the ending with the thriller aspect of the disappearance..

P.S: This may well be my fault for missing it, but will you incorporate scenes between MC1 and 2? Is that on the agenda at all? Just curious to know..

Thanks for two amazing games, and I hope you make many more!

SecretGame18

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
I'm honestly very glad I found this game (it was an accident really, Lucie was my first game, long before I discovered the brilliant site that is f95, and a touch of nostalgia made me look for the game again, and a search for the dev lead me to Corrupted Paradise!), it's such a nice touch on the typical VN/ sandbox game in that it adds a touch of mystery/ problem solving. The element of having 2 MCs and having each of them using their charms/ friendships to investigate a potential crime is something I'm seeing for the first time in a Ren'Py game. It helps that the sex elements are incorporated into the main plot as well.

That, however leads me to the downsides, the biggest one for me was, ironically, the sandbox and the freedom it offers. I'm not a hardcore Ren'Py gamer, and I had a hard time keeping track of the various plots, character requests and progression the first time I played, eventually running around like a headless chicken the first time I played, eventually "finishing" the game, but missing several scenes, and not gathering some clues. I feel like a walkthrough, atleast a superficial one, would help a beginner like me navigate the game a little better. Indeed, I found a WT here (fan made) and that helped me navigate the game a great deal better. (Editing to add that it would help if I could perform more than 4+2 events per day, with optional time skips if necessary. I've seen other games (off the top of my head, BangCity) do time skips and that offers me more control as a beginner to get to my goal)

I look forward to playing the game to the end when it's ready (no hurry, please cook to your heart's extent, dev-san) and I do hope you stick the ending with the thriller aspect of the disappearance..

P.S: This may well be my fault for missing it, but will you incorporate scenes between MC1 and 2? Is that on the agenda at all? Just curious to know..

Thanks for two amazing games, and I hope you make many more!
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, I have indeed taken note of the fact that a player may be lost.
I've been working for a week on summary sheets of all the actions taken by the player for each character.
This should help keep track of what's been done.

I've also made it possible to put names to saves.

The project is still in its infancy - I've been working on it for 1 year now - but it's taking shape and corresponds to what I wanted the player experience to be.

Incest is a difficult subject for Patreon, so for the moment, officially, I have nothing planned for MC1 / MC2.

The triller will have a predominant place, and I have in mind an ending with multiple twists and turns.

Capture d'écran 2024-02-19 183748.png

burajira

Dec 23, 2022
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, I have indeed taken note of the fact that a player may be lost.
I've been working for a week on summary sheets of all the actions taken by the player for each character.
This should help keep track of what's been done.

I've also made it possible to put names to saves.

The project is still in its infancy - I've been working on it for 1 year now - but it's taking shape and corresponds to what I wanted the player experience to be.

Incest is a difficult subject for Patreon, so for the moment, officially, I have nothing planned for MC1 / MC2.

The triller will have a predominant place, and I have in mind an ending with multiple twists and turns.
I don't know a lot about game development, but that game showed a lot of polish for something that's only one year old, please keep it up!

And yes, the summary sheets should be immensely helpful. Having the bartender be a sorta key to help progress in the game was already an inspired touch..

I also would like to unofficially request that you add a scene replay gallery, both to directly navigate to favourite scenes and revisit some we may have missed?

Looking forward to the ending!

And thanks for being so vocal on this forum and replying very very quickly to posts here!!!

SecretGame18

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
I don't know a lot about game development, but that game showed a lot of polish for something that's only one year old, please keep it up!

And yes, the summary sheets should be immensely helpful. Having the bartender be a sorta key to help progress in the game was already an inspired touch..

I also would like to unofficially request that you add a scene replay gallery, both to directly navigate to favourite scenes and revisit some we may have missed?

Looking forward to the ending!

And thanks for being so vocal on this forum and replying very very quickly to posts here!!!
Feel free to leave a review on F95, it always helps :)

And don't forget to put the game on your Steam wishlist.

I'll look into replaying the scenes, thanks for the idea.

Reactions: burajira

SecretGame18

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
The wheel of desire is available. Discover the trailer :

The road map :

roadmap_cp_2024.png

Reactions: neronwtf
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote