HTML Corrupted Colony 1: The Journey (Dev thread)

Railkmaster

Mar 2, 2022
I've started Development of a Sci-fi Society Management and Corruption game Using the Twine Sugarcube engine

the Game will take place on a generational colony ship on it's way to a new home for the human colonists. As Captain of the ship you will be tasked in ensuring that the population of the ship reaches colonization levels by the time the ship reaches it's destination and building a new society that will coincide with your own perverted views.
Each week you will introduce a bill to the ship's legislative council and depending on each of the legislator's opinion of you they will vote yes or no to your proposals. requiring you to stay on top each of their fluctuating needs

this game will be an unreleased work in progress for a few months at least until I have at least 2-3 in game weeks of plot completed.

I will try to update this thread each week with my progress

Railkmaster

Mar 2, 2022
img-tiw6lzw1h23M8FVtJvJw5.jpeg
10/9/23

I have completed mapping out the ship, finished the Sidebar's functionality, generated hundreds of images for Character Avatars and Locations, and have started writing the location descriptions.

Over the next week I plan on finishing up the location descriptions and start working on character Dossiers

Railkmaster

Mar 2, 2022
img-xqBBOaArBQPvjGE21USnn.jpeg 10/16/23

I have completed the location descriptions and have added functional sleep/rest locations (Bedroom/Park/Hiking trail/Beach/). I've started NPC Dossiers and Populating the characters Throughout the ship

I also have launched My Subscribers Will get The Following:
- early access to my future Dev Logs
- Their name added to the Special Thanks section of the game's opening scene
- 2 weeks Early Access to the game and updates upon release
- Upon Game release they will also Get access To the Debug Menu

Railkmaster

Mar 2, 2022
11/11/23
Disaster My PC had a hard drive failure and all progress was lost. so programing has to start from scratch Release projected to Be spring 2024 now

Deleted member 6574695

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
It's sad that you have lost important information. To prevent loss of progress in the future, I would highly recommend using GitHub or something similar for version control.

And for other important files that are not part of the project, remember to make a backup from time to time. I wish you good luck for rebuilding your game, I feel bad for you.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I discovered something cool the other day that might help some developers: Syncthing

It's a opensource "system" with clients for various devices (PC windows/linux, Mac, android phone, apple phone, etc, etc). you set up the client on each device then share specific folders between them. they will background sync the content between the devices, over local wifi if possible or internet if you enable it, no "cloud" provider needed, your data stays 100% inside your own networked devices. it's like a magic backup system that you never need to worry about again (as long as you have space on the devices).

I've started using it to make sure I won't lose the 100s (1000s?) of hours i've spent noodling (noobing?) around on various renpy game projects and stories even if my primary computer disc dies.

Cumaler

Dec 28, 2019
This is so sad. Your game sounded so promising. I would have loved to play it

Last edited: