Contribute to main post

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Hi,

Sorry to have to ask again, but yesterday I asked how can I get my walkthrough featured on the main post of a game.
I was answered to report my post, which I did with the type " Game update "

Exact text I put in the More Information box: New walkthrough I made I'd like to get in the Extra section of main post: https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-11-0-ch-11-phillygames.25739/ Thanks

Now this was rejected and there isn't feedback to understand why.
Wasn't that ok?

BTW this is my post (in the same thread) with the walkthrough attached: https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-...ch-11-phillygames.25739/page-740#post-7830220
And I've put a lot of effort into this so I'd be surprised this was rejected because it's not of good enough quality.

Thanks,

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
1. Go to your post in the thread that contains said walk through.
2. Report your post that contains the walk through and state please add this walk through to the OP thanks.
3. This can also be used if you see a post that has new update files or something else that needs to be added to the OP.

It was most likely rejected because there's already a fan made walk through listed in the OP already. But that's just a guess from looking at the OP page.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Well rejected again, seems having choices is not acceptable (my walk through is completely different and might appeal to different users).

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
it's being rejected because there is one there already

there is nothing else you can do but put the like into your signature or let it be and other member will find it by them selves

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
What exactly is different? if it has a defining factor that makes it different enough then they might link it, otherwise why did you even decided to create a walkthrough for a game that already had one unless you changed something significant?

But anyways, you can always try opening a ticket just to request more clarification as to why it was denied or to appeal what's different about yours and why you feel like it should also be shared.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
...otherwise why did you even decided to create a walkthrough for a game that already had one unless you changed something significant?
I didn't know the other author had exclusivity! ;)

Seriously, the one already there is pure text, with mine I did it visually so that, in my opinion, it is easier to understand all the possible branching and replay it to try them as well. Open both and you will see what I mean, they don't look alike and I'm not talking about colors or fonts.

To be fair that's exactly why I started it, I was getting lost trying to understand how to get to some of the possible branching. After it was done I decided to polish it and share it with others. In fact I discovered I quite enjoyed doing it and will do more in the future.

Well to get back to my original post, if it is that complicated I'll just open my own thread in General, looked at other people and that's what they seem to do.

Thanks.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Open both and you will see what I mean, they don't look alike and I'm not talking about colors or fonts.
Ok I've opened them now and seen that they are different.

So like I mentioned, open a ticket explaining in details that one walkthrough is text only while yours is workflow based (put a side by side example in your ticket for clarification).
Then they can post in the op different links for a Workflow walkthrough and Text walkthrough (or something like that)

This way they will probably also feature yours alongside with it, afterall they are different and maybe the one denying your request just didn't notice that, or they have another reason that will be better clarified inside the ticket.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Here is the official answer I got (if someone else with the same question find this thread):

The rules are that we don't add a walkthrough mod if an existing walkthrough mod already exists.

We add content to the OP on a 'first come, first served' basis to avoid disputes amongst modders/compressors/etc.