Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Great game! Love the writing and while the demo's obviously following the RE2 script, it's still exciting and thrilling in its own way.

Though I'm not usually a fan of HS myself, I actually prefer it much more than the DAS version. The animations seem way more fluid (and there were more variations, rather than just different perspective shots of the same animation like the DAS version), and personally, I like the look of the characters way more. The DAS version does have more expressive features and is more realistic in regards to its characters, but I've just seen too many renders and KNs in that style (and yes, I understand that there are many KNs in HS style as well). DAS just seems generic, or at least, the DAS characters in your game seem that way.

Not a huge fan of corruption or futa, but the creepy vibe was spot on (in a good way). And unlike most abandonware KN trash on this site, the writing's not unreadable ESL. Hope you can continue to develop the story.

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
I haven't tried the versions but if you're asking between DAZ and HS2 I would add one small point to the consensus.

Yes DAZ looks better. But overall the biggest question to me is which of the 2 is faster/easier for you to do your renders in? What are you more comfortable with? That can go either way and it's down to your ability not someone's preference on how the renders look better. If you can spit out faster and bigger game updates by going HS2 do you think anyone would complain? Given this is the internet and people complain at everything regardless but I mean its one less thing for them to worry about.

Reactions: exter

exter

May 29, 2017
Yeah, i have to agree with what Kurokazewa said. You should do what is more convenient and fun for you. It does not matter what people vote for, if you don't like it or if it slows you down or if it limits you in any way, then sooner or later you won't like to work on the project yourself. Then you will either abandon it or just try to get some sort of ending to quickly finish it.

Also, for the choice of content, if you try to please everyone or leave too many decisions to the community you can quickly end up with a mediocre game. However, seeking for inspiration is different and fine imo.

It's your game and you should have a vision for it and as long as you enjoy making it, then others will enjoy whats there.

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
I haven't tried the versions but if you're asking between DAZ and HS2 I would add one small point to the consensus.

Yes DAZ looks better. But overall the biggest question to me is which of the 2 is faster/easier for you to do your renders in? What are you more comfortable with? That can go either way and it's down to your ability not someone's preference on how the renders look better. If you can spit out faster and bigger game updates by going HS2 do you think anyone would complain? Given this is the internet and people complain at everything regardless but I mean its one less thing for them to worry about.
This is all a great point, and I appreciate the comment. We love community input, which is why we wanted to go this route. We wanted to get people involved in our process as a way to build a community of individuals who like these kinds of games.

Both Daz and HS2 have their pluses and minuses. We love the artists that we've worked with. Shout out to Carnal Studio for Daz and Xutora for HS2. They are the real MVPs. We don't feel restricted in either route we go. We feel confident that we're going to be able to build the game we've set out to build no matter which route we take. So we thought it would be fun to get the community involved and use this as an opportunity for feedback.

Both Xutora and Carnal are working on Ch1 of their variants. So we're not stopping production. We're going to give it a week or two to see how the community leans before making a final decision.

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Yeah, i have to agree with what Kurokazewa said. You should do what is more convenient and fun for you. It does not matter what people vote for, if you don't like it or if it slows you down or if it limits you in any way, then sooner or later you won't like to work on the project yourself. Then you will either abandon it or just try to get some sort of ending to quickly finish it.

Also, for the choice of content, if you try to please everyone or leave too many decisions to the community you can quickly end up with a mediocre game. However, seeking for inspiration is different and fine imo.

It's your game and you should have a vision for it and as long as you enjoy making it, then others will enjoy whats there.
Thank you for sharing! Ultimately, this is a game that I wanted to make. My team is helping make that come to fruition. We have a script, a vision, and a goal to see this completed. We hope that everyone will enjoy the ride.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
After playing the game a bit, personally I would logically go with DAZ but would prefer the HS2 style more anyway.

Why?

Well for DAZ, long term wise, there's a larger pool of assets you can us compared to HS2. Creatively wise, depending on where the direction of your story goes, you might have more leeway using DAZ due to the number of mods. Same goes with render quality and image clarity. DAZ has a lot more accessibility when it comes to that. However, you can also mimic the same graphic quality on HS2 by modding it. But then again, DAZ has that weird habit of having really loose/baggy clothing that's also somehow skin tight that looks unrealistic. HS2 doesn't give you as much customizability with the clothing but at least most of the time (not all) the clothes fit the character properly.

Anyway, the HS2 gives more parasite eve while DAZ gives more modern RE

Also, is the crisis in contagion crisis a nod to dino crisis by any chance? XD

• Love
Reactions: WeLoveMonsters

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
After playing the game a bit, personally I would logically go with DAZ but would prefer the HS2 style more anyway.

Why?

Well for DAZ, long term wise, there's a larger pool of assets you can us compared to HS2. Creatively wise, depending on where the direction of your story goes, you might have more leeway using DAZ due to the number of mods. Same goes with render quality and image clarity. DAZ has a lot more accessibility when it comes to that. However, you can also mimic the same graphic quality on HS2 by modding it. But then again, DAZ has that weird habit of having really loose/baggy clothing that's also somehow skin tight that looks unrealistic. HS2 doesn't give you as much customizability with the clothing but at least most of the time (not all) the clothes fit the character properly.

Anyway, the HS2 gives more parasite eve while DAZ gives more modern RE

Also, is the crisis in contagion crisis a nod to dino crisis by any chance? XD
Thanks for sharing! And yes! When I was trying to come up with the title, I listed a bunch of my favorite games in the action horror genre and wanted to come up with something fitting. So they all have their influences. I felt Contagion Crisis rolled off the tongue well and fit with the game's themes. So I stuck with that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewolfzer

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 3443860

Overview:
Contagion Crisis is a monster survival-horror kinetic novel heavily influenced by games such as Resident Evil, Parasite Eve, and more.

In 2018, a contagion escapes into the city of Grimhaven, Washington, turning everything it touches into lust-fueled monsters. Sisters, Sarah and Ava, must traverse the city, doing their best to avoid the lustful mutations, military personnel, and raiders. To find the truth of the origin of the contagion, the pair will have to unravel a web of lies that takes them into the deepest, darkest pit.​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-15
Release Date: 2024-03-14
Developer: WeLoveMonsters - -
Censored: No
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
DAZ EDITION

Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

HS2 EDITION
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

View attachment 3443946 View attachment 3443947 View attachment 3443948 View attachment 3443949 View attachment 3443950 View attachment 3443951 View attachment 3443952 View attachment 3443953 View attachment 3443962 View attachment 3443963 View attachment 3443964 View attachment 3443965 View attachment 3443966 View attachment 3443967 View attachment 3443968
Any chance the sister's can be romantically involved with each other?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The overview looks great. From the preview pictures, I would say HS2 would be my pick. I'll try both just to see how they both look overall, but I would say I'm leaning towards HS2.

• Love

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
HS models suck and they all look like the same unrealistic dolls, do you seriously prefer HS? Unbelievable

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Wow, the images cover 3 pages of everyone saying the same thing.
No talk about the game itself.
One question, if everyone is a zombie, what determines how fast one degrades?
Is this a, you don't turn automatically, game?
We have many new age variations on zombies, what TV series most parallels turning?

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Wow, the images cover 3 pages of everyone saying the same thing.
No talk about the game itself.
One question, if everyone is a zombie, what determines how fast one degrades?
Is this a, you don't turn automatically, game?
We have many new age variations on zombies, what TV series most parallels turning?
The demo is just the intro to show what is beginning to happen. The unraveling event so to speak. So not everyone has turned. This is the start of the outbreak, very much like resident evil 1 and 2. So there will be those that are not infected, survivors, etc.

So, let's get into some game lore :)

I was being purposeful when I was describing it as a lust-fueled contagion. The infected give off an inhibition pheromone passed through their spit and secreted through their skin. On contact, the target undergoes a feeling of arousal and attraction. The infection is passed through fluid transfer, so either through kissing, fucking, etc. Infection is all-but guaranteed. Kissing an infected but managing to break free would cause the infection to take several hours before turning. However, an infected typically locks onto the target and continues to fill them with more and more infection which speeds up the process dramatically: minutes instead of hours. This is shown in the demo :)

Reactions: Bobber Tail

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
The demo is just the intro to show what is beginning to happen. The unraveling event so to speak. So not everyone has turned. This is the start of the outbreak, very much like resident evil 1 and 2. So there will be those that are not infected, survivors, etc.

So, let's get into some game lore :)

I was being purposeful when I was describing it as a lust-fueled contagion. The infected give off an inhibition pheromone passed through their spit and secreted through their skin. On contact, the target undergoes a feeling of arousal and attraction. The infection is passed through fluid transfer, so either through kissing, fucking, etc. Infection is all-but guaranteed. Kissing an infected but managing to break free would cause the infection to take several hours before turning. However, an infected typically locks onto the target and continues to fill them with more and more infection which speeds up the process dramatically: minutes instead of hours. This is shown in the demo :)
So, turning is inevitable.
Ok, I forgot the tongue thing, those lizard tongues imply forms of transformation. That would invite penis, breast and futa transformations depending upon each individuals DNA. Some would stay the same, some bigger or smaller. That depends on what transformations your willing to render.
I'm a writer so these things automatically pop up in my mind.
Future tags should be added under the "genre" dropdown on the OP so people don't get into the wrong game.

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes