Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
not sure why there's a comparision, DAZ is clearly better, daz is more versatile and it's also better in image quality by a lot so in my eyes here's a quick summary:

DAZ:
better in image quality
more realistic
much smoother and more wide adopted (easier to find daz artists with more experience)
more assets to pick from (hair, clothes etc)

HS2
particular art style

the only thing i personally think that HS2 has going for it is if you like their art style

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
if dev have to ask what engine to use - it's already not a good sign
renders are nice though either way

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Pretty cool demos bro!
It wasn't as easy a choice as I'd thought BUT the HS version was better to me. The female models looked better and the animations for the penetration scenes were also better. The Daz version had better male zombie models but I'm not here to see dude's faces! I'm here to see hot women get banged by zombies, and the HS version, imo is superior.

Overall the demo played well and the dialogue was good. I hope you push forward with haste. and after a few updates if it's as good as it seems it'll be I'll be sure to support!
We are already working on Chapter 1! So hopefully, we'll have a new release in the coming weeks. You can come hang out in our discord where we post our updates or check out our dev thread here in F95.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Griev and wiijay

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Is entire game going to be a Kinetic novel or just the demo?
This is our first game, so we decided to do a kinetic novel. I may go back and add some dialogue choices, but we wanted to keep things simple and make sure we have an amazing story with awesome renders and scenes.

• Love
Reactions: RHFlash

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
dev is merely asking which engine does the audience prefers .
that's my point, it's not something for audience to decide - there are too many technical and artistic factors involved with this decision and it should be already clear for the dev, IF he even remotely knows what the fuck he is doing with this project using available resources and capabilities

Reactions: IvoryOwl

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
not sure why there's a comparision, DAZ is clearly better, daz is more versatile and it's also better in image quality by a lot so in my eyes here's a quick summary:

DAZ:
better in image quality
more realistic
much smoother and more wide adopted (easier to find daz artists with more experience)
more assets to pick from (hair, clothes etc)

HS2
particular art style

the only thing i personally think that HS2 has going for it is if you like their art style
I can add some context that I have posted in my dev thread. While I agree with some of your assessments, I think you're overlooking some of the benefits of HS2 such as:

• faster rendering time - Daz requires longer rendering
  • prebuilt animations - Daz requires everything to be hand-built or buying pre-rigged animations which still requires configuration
  • HS2 has a huge community of artists and modders just like Daz does. It may not be as big, but they are there.
  • In my experience, everything on the Daz side is more expensive.

But yeah I totally agree that Daz looks better, has a ton of assets, and a huge community. If we were making a harem game or dating sim, we definitely would have went with daz. This kind of game caters to a specific crowd. We want their input in our process because we want to make the games they like which we feel is underserved.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Zombie Apocalypse = Check
No RE nor TLOU characters = Check
Rape and dark themes = Check
No monster sex = Fail
Not bad to start but let's see if the story is good enough.

For the demo, you will be playing the intro of the game, which follows Officer Kathy Monroe. We have two versions of the game: one developed in Daz and one developed in Honey Select 2. While the narrative remains largely unchanged, the art and animations are completely different. We're looking for community feedback to decide which route we should finish the game in.
Are you planning a Steam release? Because they don't allow HS games.
HS is not a tool to build games, it's Illuson ™ game.

Last edited:

RaBuddy

allegedly
Game Developer
Oct 20, 2020
that's my point, it's not something for audience to decide - there are too many technical and artistic factors involved with this decision and it should be already clear for the dev, IF he even remotely knows what the fuck he is doing with this project using available resources and capabilities
There are two different artists. So, all the aesthetic capabilities are decided by the artist.

The vote also gives one of them the job. So, if you prefer the art of one but don't like the project, you might want to counter vote.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I can add some context that I have posted in my dev thread. While I agree with some of your assessments, I think you're overlooking some of the benefits of HS2 such as:

• faster rendering time - Daz requires longer rendering
  • prebuilt animations - Daz requires everything to be hand-built or buying pre-rigged animations which still requires configuration
  • HS2 has a huge community of artists and modders just like Daz does. It may not be as big, but they are there.
  • In my experience, everything on the Daz side is more expensive.

But yeah I totally agree that Daz looks better, has a ton of assets, and a huge community. If we were making a harem game or dating sim, we definitely would have went with daz. This kind of game caters to a specific crowd. We want their input in our process because we want to make the games they like which we feel is underserved.
again, i made my comments for a scalable, long term game, Daz is more future proof, HS2 is on the fringe at best. Also looking at the quality of the renders, characters ...there's no contest, when it comes to creative direction and render quality, the difference is pretty big:)

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
Zombie Apocalypse = Check
No RE nor TLOU characters = Check
Rape and dark themes = Check
No monster sex = Fail
Not bad to start but let's see if the story is good enough.

Are you planning a Steam release? Because they don't allow HS games.
HS is not a tool to build games, it's Illuson ™ game.
No, the content in this game would not allow for a steam release. If we were doing a steam release the choice to go the daz route would be obvious.

WeLoveMonsters

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2024
again, i made my comments for a scalable, long term game, Daz is more future proof, HS2 is on the fringe at best. Also looking at the quality of the renders, characters ...there's no contest, when it comes to creative direction and render quality, the difference is pretty big:)
Thanks for the input :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Greuceanu

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
I am usually more into Daz games over HS2, but if I'd have to make a choice for this game, I'd say go for HS2. The Daz quality is just not very good here (please don't take offense).

Either way it's right up my alley so looking forward for more, whichever engine its going to be

Reactions: voltairepop

Frumi

Apr 1, 2019
Since it's Kinetic i assume Rape, or in other words, forced Sex scenes in general will be mandatory or "plot important"?

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes