• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity [Concept & Preview] 50's Freeroam Game

Do you want to see this project developed

• Total voters

Salty Sugar

Aug 28, 2017
Intro
So this is kind of to see if I'd actually have an audience for this and even worth continuing, so let me know and give me some feedback.
I am a 3D Artist/Animator/Coder so I'm just doing this by myself.
I already started it and got a little bit done.

Setting
You play a housewife in the 1950's and you're pretty much gonna seduce all your neighbors while your husband is at work.
(I might add in options to play as a male or other character later on, if I'd even get there)
That's pretty much all I need for now.

Mechanics
I'm building a "framework" similar to Skyrim's Sexlab or OSA so you can cycle through all animations (and I can easily check my animations) with relationships, since all your victims will be unique, I've already made a portion of this.
I plan to make (or buy) a full dialogue system along with missions and story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
I really think you game idea has a lot of potential. Its original and appealing, and the models look good (guessing you'll optimise them).

Last edited:

fofopo6

Oct 9, 2018
graphics... they look like 10 years ago, and model like from Team Fortress
why?

made game to 2 char\2 route its doblework for free, in most case

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I think it's a neat idea, something that may be well balanced in terms of both fast attention holding and longterm reward on investment in terms of gameplay, but it'll be a pain to make, easily seeing this being a 3 year minimum project (with most of the time bs-ing and doing things in real life) before you have enough content to claim it to be finished, and even then I feel like you may still want to add more and constant polishing.

What program are you using for modeling. I work with blender and find it works best for importing both models and animations into unity, but then I still didn't have much luck with layering animations, so I have been sticking to the idea of pre rendeded stuff (since it is good enough, looks great if done well even if it is a static image, and the coding/implementation is much easier. infact I moved out of unity to just monogame so I could make a custom engine instead).

I find it is always a balance between, how much control do you want to give the player, vs, how easy do you want it to be to actually make the game. It seems like for every bit of freedom and control you give to the player, things get exponentially harder/longer to work on things.

I think it looks great by the way, lover her expression and I get a bit of a disney feel, which makes it feel better. I may not have the highest standard since I understand the crud ton of work it takes to do stuff like this, but I would be interested to see how well those characters would look pre rendered. Right now I think I may have mastered how disney does their skin and rendering engine, as well as lighting, I am just trying to perfect a walking animation to see if I could further replicate the Disney feel.

Great stuff!

Reactions: Di.Vil