Ren'Py compile rpy in rpyc on Mac??

jk11

May 16, 2017
I'm editing some rpy files from a game already build
if I edit them on windows I simply edit the rpy with notepad++ then on next start of the game it got automatically compiled in rpyc and, if the old rpyc is present it is overwritten
on Mac I'm unable to reproduce the same behaviour and the edited rpy file remain untouched even if I manually delete the old compiled rpyc
so I'm wondering, it's a matter of missing library or I'm skipping some passage?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
on Mac I'm unable to reproduce the same behaviour and the edited rpy file remain untouched even if I manually delete the old compiled rpyc
Hmmm. I don't have a Mac, but there's absolutely no reason for this to happen. At least, no Ren'Py depending reason. The generation of the RPYC files is automatic, at starts of the game, and absolutely not OS depending. Therefore, I guess that it's a rights issue and, while Ren'Py have the reading right over the directory, it's missing the writing one.

By the way, never delete the RPYC files. It will not break the game itself, but can seriously mess with the save compatibility.

ADW

Dec 22, 2017
Compiled files are likely get stored in different directory. You should check your settings.