VN - Ren'Py - Companion of Darkness [Ch. 8] [Berkili4]

1. 1.00 star(s)

douma1302

This revel is for Ch.3, please keep in mind that it's heavily bias toward my taste.

Writing 0/5: Yes, it is that bad.
    MC discover power > doesnt use it and let some thug in school beaten him to a pulp.
    We see alot of this type of plot, BETA male, soy cuck, wimpy, you name it....
    This guy is 18yo and can't even think for himself, if you back down you will get beat and on and on and on forever....
    If this is a NTR hentai, my man would get a spot in the cuck seat. Get cuked and then suicided himself.

Art and Renders 2.5/5: it's fine, not really good but not bad.
    Character design is cute and nice, animation is mediocre, nothing really highlight the art.

Such a shame, the stupid writing killed my boner.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

htc89234

Good soundtrack that fits well, if not a bit short in their loops. Cute renders, and I like the overall cast. The highlight of this game is the plot - I'm genuinely interested in the primordials and in the backstory/lore of them, and it keeps me excited to read, like an actual fantasy book of sorts.

There is one big issue with this game that stops it from being 5 stars: The grammar in this is terrible. It's littered with grammatical errors or abbreviations that you'd get in texting (u instead of you, for example), as well as weird sentence ordering/construction. This desperately needs proofreading and cleaning. Despite this, the game is thoroughly enjoyable, and it is clear the writer's fairly creative in his writing.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Rockero_69

I like how the game is going, although honestly I would have preferred it to be Amy, but well I'm sure they have other plans for her and at the beginning of chapter 3, I kind of already had a feeling why Nael's partner did that for him. MC and with what was revealed at the end of said chapter already mentioned above, he confirmed it to me, I hope he continues and good luck with the game, greetings
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Raine_Maxwell

The ONLY complaint i have is that this needs to be proofread.

The amount of effort in this vn is way above average compared to others, and while the sex is... lacking, imo, the actual content and story makes up for it. This is one i'll be keeping a close eye on, and i cant wait to see it grow!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

soadeths

Here's a new game I've just discovered that's a great surprise!

I love the story, the theme is excellent, it reminds me of the anime sekirei for certain things in a darker version.
    The characters I find excellent, some say that the male characters are bad, but I do not find for once.
    Each chapter is really long (+1100 renders mini) which is excellent I have not paid attention to the length of maj, but in any case for me it's a big plus!

In short, I highly recommend this game and I can't wait to read the rest!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Lebeaubrun

Companion of darkness is just starting but it is already showing promise. There is enough content (both h-content and story) for it to be worth a shot for anyone curious.

I can see an amelioration in renders has the game goes by. I like how simple the story set up is so far while still having that interesting lore that is just deep enough to not be tedious to follow. The main characters are likable and I'm genuily curious where the story will go.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

lierbex

The game is fine. has some TYPO errors. but nothing remarkable.
    Chapter 1 has a good introduction to the world, it is somewhat static and the faces of the characters are somewhat still, however the story is the basis. The character design is good, the premise is quite anime-like, however adding a touch more dark.
    there are many questions to solve and that entertains you throughout the game.
    Chapter 2 applies many improvements, and correct some failures, especially in the static of the characters, the story is more applied and they give you more choices. It also applies more sex scenes. Perhaps it deteriorates in some things corresponding to the mystery plot, which is a drawback :/ but still is not a big fail.

Chapter 3: by far the author has applied all the improvements of the previous chapters and this chapter is undoubtedly amazing.
    It has many transition scenes that make everything more fun, great character introductions, and some excellent plot twists. the easy expressions and the combat effects are very well worked. The music is something that has improved a lot. and is excellent for every scene. It shows the passion that the author had. and love it.

Chapter 4: Scenarios and illumination improves a lot compared to previously chapters, and basically everything. combats and chooices and plot twist in this chapter really improves a lot, the story telling and facial expressions improves a lot, also camera get better angles compared to previously chapters, really enjoy
    so finally i can fully recommend this game,

however, he has a severe problem. punctuation marks suck. commas suck. You have to read some dialogues several times because you don't know which character they are referring to or who they are talking to.
    this issue was solved and corrected and it´s enjoyable <3

after 2 updates i can finally give 5 stars
    HOWEVER I can't wait for the next chapter. <3

I recommend this game if you like good story full of action and good story.
    i hope this help you to take a choice. i will update this review with new updates.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

TigerWolfe

The story and world is interesting and engaging, which for me is the most important aspect. Needs an editing pass lots of sloppy errors, the story and overall voice was good enough to keep me going despite that.

Biggest personal bummer is the LIs are all on the waifish side of things, but again story kept me clickin'.