Ren'Py - Abandoned - Coming Back Home [v1.1.2] [Hidden Life Studios]

1. 2.00 star(s)

DirtyHippie25

the game needs SO much work imo maybe in later updates it will get better but for right now I'll wait to see if I can do more....every time I try and do anything it says "not implemented yet"

There needs to be more of a walkthrough then just cycling through the times of days to let you know when or if you can talk to anyone. I really wanted to like this game but I can give it more than a 2 right now
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

review based on version 1.1.2:
    I can confirm all the previous reviews.
    The game keeps crashing, and the sandbox mode doesn't make it any better.
    Even the graphics are decent, it doesn't make up for the mess of the rest of this game.
    In it's current state, it is not recommended to download and play at all.
    Further to this, the frequency of updates doesn't promise anything good though. The very few content being in there after all the spent time on development doesn't leave any hopes to get a polished and working game, containing a decent amount of content, within an acceptable timeframe from now on at all.
    On top of that, the crashes already have been reported long time ago (3 updates for now) but nothing seems to change and they are still in there.

I lost my patience and drop this one for the better.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

d1v1d3ad

too many crashes and bugs, not worth to try play when every time you get bugs and crashes or information not implented, looks promisin but before its completed and free of bugs and crashes dont bother to to play or download.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

karumi56

The short version: Not worth downloading in its current form, and given the lack of progress over the last 7 months, I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

There are persistent crashing bugs that have been unfixed since at least October (supposedly 2 versions ago).

The current version is supposedly 1.1.1 according to this thread. The downloaded file claims to be 1.127. When unpacked it claims to be v 2.0, which the developer states is just a bug that "they are too lazy to fix".
    The download size has unchanged since October, despite the supposed version change (and added "content").

The supposed most current update implements the sandbox mode...except again, there really is no content to be found other than an introduction.
    Graphics: decent
    Content: minimal
    Coding: not good

There are so many red flags with this title. Use caution.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

klingpop

There's nothing there. I mean...there's an "intro" but it's the same vague "Dad was an asshole and left mom to fend for herself with 3 kids" story you'll find in 100 different incest games. Other than naming the characters and defining relationships (which you only have to do at first because when you put in "mother" the game enables the incest patch and handles the rest for you) there's nothing there. No teasing, no hints at an upcoming story, not even a fucking boob. This is laziness redefined. It seems like the author just threw something up there in hopes of gaining patrons but....they didn't give us anything to support. If this is version .1 then I'd wait until .9 or later to give it a shot. Maybe there will be material to judge at that point.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed v0.1]
    With this version, this game only consists of a customization stage -- names, relationships, ages -- and a bare-bones intro. There are enough redundant prompts for many of the customization choices that it gets a bit annoying: Just make use of the renpy.input() prompt string for these, please. In order to be prompted for true family mode, the player must take the customization path and give the landlady a name/title such as "Mum". This mode will switch the default relationship choices for the remaining prompts.

There are checks for a too-young age choice for two of the three household females. I'm not sure why we aren't given a similar "are you sure" for choosing an age below 18 for the youngest -- although I'd argue that the appearance of this girl doesn't look to be the default of 18 years.

The graphics look to be regular DAZ style and are fine, with the usual oddness for the look for youngsters.

There are some English errors/typos, such as "childs" and "untersant", instead of, respectively, "children" and "understand".

I'm giving this 3 stars (average), as there's nothing particularly outstanding as of yet and there's just so little here so far. Let's see what happens in future updates.